5.0 out of 5 stars Great organizer for small items
Published on December 2, 2009 by msrei

2.0 out of 5 stars Bottom fell out and the back faded on my wall.
Thought this was a bit expensive. But it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. This afternoon my husband set his iphone in it as he has every evening for the past month and the bottom fell out and the phone hit the tile floor! When I took it off the wall to see what happened, I found it had stained my wall from black velvet covering on the back. So disappointed.
Published 22 months ago by P. Gould

5.0 out of 5 stars Great organizer for small items, December 2, 2009
This review is from: Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso (Kitchen)
We keep a neat, minimalist household - however, like every family, we have some things that end up in a small pile in the entryway - keys, address labels, stamps, etc. I wanted a wall mounted organizer (we have a very grabby 2 yr old), preferably with dry erase message board. I looked for weeks but they were usually too big, stuck out too far, and really expensive. I ended up purchasing this small organizer, and adding a $5.00 dry erase board on top - very happy with the results. This is a nice, chic, practical solution for our entryway, great value for the price.
Some helpful details:
- Hooks are very sturdy on item, but I would hesitate to put a coat on it unless item is mounted on stud
- If you are going to use hooks as key hooks, note that they are fairly wide - 3/4" - I just changed one keychain to fit, no big deal but I know some are attached to their keychains
- The 1/4" wooden slat separating the cubby is removable
- Entire unit is about 4.5" deep

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for our needs, January 1, 2010
This review is from: Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso (Kitchen)
I was looking for an entry organizer for my husband's and my keys, wallets, etc. I got tired of seeing everything sprawled out on my dining room table. It is very sturdily mounted on the wall. Some people said it wasn't sturdy but I have not had that problem. (Just a tip for hanging this as well as pictures: place a piece of notebook paper on the back of the organizer, and puncture a hole with a pencil where the mount holes are. Use the paper as a template on the wall for exact placement of the screws.) Just the right size for two wallets, two cell phones, two sets of keys. I'm able to hang my sunglasses off the side. My husband even hangs his winter coat on it with no problem. Very convenient, and eliminates the need to search for my keys and wallet when I'm running out the door. Functional without detracting from the decor of my home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, February 14, 2011
Rebecca (Salt Lake City, UT, United States) - See all my reviews
We received and mounted this organizer yesterday. It is very solidly built, hangs securely on our wall, and holds a lot of weight for the size. It comes with hanging hardware: two screws with anchors.

It looks just as pictured. A pretty true white. No one who buys it should be surprised at its trim size; the picture shows items in it which indicate scale. Just in case the picture changes or you have a hard time interpreting the measurements given, know that the front compartment is about 3 inches deep and could fit four smart phones standing vertically and next to each other. The back compartment is deeper, and will securely hold a few days worth of mail. (The envelope kind; don't expect this to fit grocery store advertisements or catalogues.)

The hooks seem fairly strong and I don't see why you couldn't put a fair amount of weight on them (as to hang a coat or medium purse) as long as you mount the organizer to a wall stud and not just drywall.

We are please with our purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice organizer for key chains , wallets and mails, May 5, 2009
This review is from: Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso (Kitchen)
I was looking for an organizer that could hold my keys, keep my wallet, my cell phone as well as mails that I bring into the house as I drop in. This is ideal for that. It comes with two long key hooks to hang key chains. The unit can be mounted on the wall with ease. There is enough room and strength in the wall mount, to hold a thick wallet, a cell phone, an ipod, several keys chains on the hook and several mails and post cards on the back slot.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bottom fell out and the back faded on my wall., March 13, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Visually appealing but cheap quality, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso (Kitchen)
This little cubby looks great but hasn't lasted through the simple wears of everyday life. The bottom broke out of the container after just a short while (2-3 months). It's also almost too small for its purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthy, September 8, 2010
Michael Lobsinger (Cohoes, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso (Kitchen)
I have a pretty un-characterized office. I like the modern look of some of the umbra products. I was looking for a coat hanger for my wall and saw this product. It's perfect for putting by my door, hanging my coat, a place for my keys, and phone. It was a bit smaller than what you expect, so take a good look at the picture for scale using the sun glasses and phone. However, It fit perfectly by between my door and my desk. I will say, that it's a heavy duty plastic, not wood.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall Great Product, April 22, 2010
This review is from: Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso (Kitchen)
The wall organizer works great for holding mail, keyes, etc. I wish it had one more hook but what can I say. I would also have to say it was a lot smaller than expected but it certainly gets the job done. Only con to the item is that the stain/paint on it rubs off very easily. Just nailing it to my wall left red streaks on the wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I ordered, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Umbra Cubby Wall Mount Organizer, Espresso (Kitchen)
Product arrived quickly and was just as described. Mounting hardware was supplied and the process to install was smooth and painless. My unit was mounted on a cinder block wall and I have no issues with it pulling away or the hooks bending under load. It's what I ordered, It's what I got, and I'm a happy customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars its fine but plastic, February 15, 2011
i bought the Umbra Flip Wall-Mount Multi Hook the last year so i dont expected plastic for this. but looks fine and is useful.