Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 11x14|Change

on January 11, 2011
I bought several of these frames this past holiday season so to give some 8x12 photographs as presents. Amazon packs these frames well, but alas the glass was still broken on one. Having this sorted out with Amazon was anything but smooth, however I am here to rate the frame not the retailer.

For the price, these frames are a decent value for framing 8"x12" prints. Decent. Nothing more.

These frames are aesthetically pleasing and are very easy to assemble. I would suggest wearing rubber gloves while handling the glass, as to minimize fingerprints. The first problem is the adhesive used to hold the sample paper between the panes of glass. It leaves a residue even after taking acetone to the adhesive. Secondly the frame itself is made not from wood or plastic, but a foam composite. Dropping it on carpet caused the frame irreparable damage. But again, you get what you pay for. In the future I would look for a sturdier frame.
on June 30, 2012
I searched amazon.com by typing in "magazine frame" I guess I didn't double check how thick the documents were allowed to be but this definitely does not house a magazine. I was in the middle of decorating the room with a few magazines on the wall and purchased these frames--they didn't work. But instead of returning them I put comic books in them (a lot thinner) and still looks great. The build is just what I expected for what I paid.
on September 13, 2009
I've bought a lot of these Umbra frames in different sizes. They tend to be about half the price on Amazon than what they are at my local Art supply stores. They're pretty much the best bang for the buck I've found. Don't worry about damage in shipping like broken glass, Amazon overcompensates. I bought a bunch of 8X10 frames and the boxes were gigantic. The frame was packed in its normal packaging and put in a Amazon box using filler. That box in turn was put inside a larger Amazon box, once again surrounded by filler.

The frames are well made, they don't look like something you'd find in Wally World. The ones with two pieces of glass are supposed to make it look like the photo is 'floating' in space. Keep in mind that your wall shows through, so that your wall color becomes your matte color. I did fit a matte into 2 of mine, just needs to be the same size as a piece of the glass and its easy. That also gave me the added advantage of having 2 extra pieces of glass I used to replace other cracked or broken pieces. (Still need some more, moving killed me.) I want to paint my 'picture' wall dark green, but that will mean matting all of the 'floater' frames I have.

I need to buy a bunch more frames to create another 'picture' wall. I'll get some of the European clip frames because they are really cheap, but I'll buy a variety of Umbra frames for my better work.
on October 7, 2010
I was pensive about purchasing this frame because of the negative reviews. Still, I thought I would try it out. I'm very glad I did. This is a very nicely put together frame that can be used for a variety of things.

I used it to frame a custom-made 11x14 poster I had printed. You could also use it for 8x10 photos, documents, even a variety of 4x6 photos. It's a "floating" frame so the options are unlimited.

It's nicely put together and looks great on the wall. I will be buying more. You wont see any frames like these at the store - and you especially wont fine one for such a great price.
on June 1, 2015
I used this to frame a SI magazine and it looks fantastic. The boarder is completely transparent so it looks like the magazine is "suspended" in the air. It would look even better with a wall color other than white. The overall quality of the frame is good for the price. It is a very simple design.
on September 13, 2011
I ordered two of these, expecting them to be cheap, but serviceable. I was pleasantly surprised to find them to be very well made and sturdy. There is a 2nd piece of glass that is the backing, with a handy pull-tab attached for removal (see pictures). No need to smudge up the glass.
review image review image
on November 5, 2010
I bought one in late October to frame a print I bought from one of my favorite photographers. I was hesitant at first because of the price, but since I also had free two-day shipping, I figured "why not?" I'm glad I bought this one, honestly. Not only was it well-protected during shipping and arrived on time, but it looks great with black and white photography. The double layers of glass (one for the front, one for the back) give your photo, poster, or document extra protection. It's definitely worth the $[...]. Even the photographer that I bought the print from was surprised that the frame went so nicely with his photo. I definitely plan on buying another one of these frames soon.
on March 29, 2016
Extremely annoying double sided tape that holds the stock photo. It doesn't come off easily leaving adhesive stuck to the glass. Had to use copious amounts of lighter fluid and alcohol to remove it. I used my nails to scrap the majority of the white paper off. Then, lighter fluid, let it sit for 1 minute to break down the adhesive and wipe with paper towel, continue until most is gone. Then use isopropyl alcohol and micro fiber cloth to wipe it crystal clear. Otherwise, can't beat it for the price
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2016
Ordered this, and the first two times, the frame arrived with shattered glass. Finally, the third frame arrived with the glass intact. Unfortunately, the corners of the frame were already pulling apart, which just got worse when I tried to remove the back glass pane. The sticker they apply to help remove the back pane of glass ripped off and became useless. When I finally got the back pane out of the frame, two of the frame corners had visible gaps where they pulled apart. I envy anyone who got a higher quality frame, because I don't see how anyone could find the product I received acceptable. Understanding the price point, I was not expecting much, but I was expecting something I could hang on the wall with confidence it could safely hold a picture without falling apart - unfortunately I am sorely disappointed.
on January 15, 2012
I bought this to frame my diploma--it looks fantastic on my wall! The frame seems sturdy and well-built. It's simple to put your document/picture in, though it takes a few tries to get it perfectly centered. I had no issues hanging it on the wall. I'll definitely buy another one when I finish my Master's!