5.0 out of 5 stars I used them for an unexpected reason-
Published 15 months ago by Granny

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but won't stay up
Would give this a higher rating if the adhesive pads actually held to the wall. These were put on a smooth, flat wall finish and 8 out of 9 fell off overnight. The bright, white color is a great contrast against dark brown walls.

Published 23 months ago by Penny

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but won't stay up, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)

To remedy this, I drilled a 1/8" hole thru the center of each of the small, clear round plastic bits that come in the kit (the base that the butterflies clip to). I stuck the round adhesive pads onto the back (without them, using just the nail alone, the butterflies rotate and spin) and then hammered a finishing nail into it. Then stuck the butterfly in place.

Pics uploaded for details.

5.0 out of 5 stars I used them for an unexpected reason-, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
When I ordered them- I had planned to use them in my bed room- But- my younger sister passed away suddenly- Now I have them (butterflies mean renewall of life) around the last pictures we had recently taken of us- The install easily- I read some complaints about staying put- But mine have- They look lovely on a bright blue wall- as if sorounding our picture- I will buy more for my bed room- so yes, I recommend product- Good size- nice white color- worth the price- packed for safe travel & on time-

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't stick!, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
These butterflies DO NOT STICK on the wall!! I would not recommend purchasing them. They look just like the picture, but did not stay up in the wall for more than a few seconds. Very disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
I really love these, but they lose one point because when I when to hang them I found out they are hung with stickies not with nails. I like the stickies but would of rather had the choice how to hang them. I spray painted them to match my kitchen and they look awesome.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute (:, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
The butterflies were a bit smaller than I was expecting and the adhesives that came with them didnt work at all. Within an hour they had all fallen on the floor. Other than that they are very cute and add a great touch to any room (:

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful !!!!!!!, June 10, 2012
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
I bought four packages of these to put up in my grand daughters "big girl" room. They are cute as a button flying across the wall above her bed.They are easy to install and look terrific, I just wish you could get them in colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great butterflies, August 18, 2014
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
I just bought 2 sets of these butterflies. They look very high quality and so far they are sticking perfectly to the wall as well (despite some previous reviews, maybe they have improved the stickers).
The butterflies have a little plastic button, which you need to attach to the back and inside this button you will have to place a little round sticker (brand: 3M, good quality), which then sticks to the wall. It was an easy process, actually my kids had fun helping with this.
The butterflies are now since 5 days on a high gloss painted wall (Jotun Color), which has been painted about a months ago. They are also exposed to airconditioning at all times and don't move at all. So I can recommend them, in fact, I will order a few more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Painted and hung, February 11, 2014
Megan Gurney "Offkilter" (Fort Wayne, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
This was a gift for my m-I-l. She painted them to match her décor and hung them. She loves them. They look nicer painted then plain. If you are close, they appear quite flimsy. If I could just dock half a star I would.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT worth a penny!!!, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
Fast shipping. The product itself is horrible. They fall off the wall within 10 minutes tops. I really should have listened to the customer reviews. I will need to find another way for them to work, but I wouldn't buy them again if given the chance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Keep falling off, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9 (Kitchen)
The butterflies are great, but the adhesive is useless. They had all fallen off the wall less than a day after I had put them on. I cut up pieces of Command strips and put them on the backs and that worked better.

Umbra Mariposa Wall Decor, Set of 9