Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 11, 2013
Although there were some valuable elements to this book, I was a bit disapponted. Peppered throughout are references to Mark Divine's live training and other book. Granted, there were some great topics discussed. But, all the other mentions just struck me like a series of commercials. I can get that on TV. When I buy a book I want what's promised and not commercials.
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
I believe the guys who are still in the SEALS get a pain with the whole SEAL training industry of which this book is a part. I admire the author for his career & achievements in the military but this book is average at best. If you've read any sort of motivational book you'll have seen this type of material many times before. It's ok but I'm afraid that's all.
on October 16, 2014
My humble opinion: This is a great book for people who are success driven and who undoubtedly could use more ammo and a roadmap for overcoming challenges on their path to a higher standard of living.

Mark offers fantastic inspirational encouragement mostly drawn from his background as a Navy Seal which is incredible. The book has a military feel which personally I think is awesome. I certainly learned a lot.

There are some parts where Mark loses me as he tends to get a bit deep with technical details. It is not a negative; It's just that my "monkey-mind" has difficulty keeping up with Mark on some of the pages. That's why I only give four stars. If you're a calculated, technical, detail oriented person, you'll certainly enjoy the parts that lost me. Although, on the flip side, you may not readily connect with the spiritual side of the book. Mark delves into mediation and spiritual enlightenment. I really enjoyed learning from Mark's perspective on the way the human mind works, especially how mark ties the physical with the spiritual, such as what Mark calls "the witness." I was positively surprised with Mark's in depth knowledge on the human body.

Overall I was very impressed with the book. In fact, I bought a few copies for my close friends who I am in business with. This is a great book and I highly recommend it for anyone who has a deep yearning to be the best they can be.

Samuel R
Paramedic / entrepreneur
on April 23, 2014
The content is strong however it's still very frustrating that I have a large red "X" on my Kindle Fire where an illustration is supposed to be. This happens in almost all cases for illustrations. I expect better. The rerelease notes say these issues were addressed however that's just not true.
VINE VOICEon May 18, 2015
I purchased this book for my laptop's Kindle today. I'm going to respectfully disagree with some of the other reviewers who dismissed this as lightweight or as a paid infomercial for some of Mark's other works. Self-promotion is OK...look at the careers of Jeffrey Gitomer and Brian Tracy. It doesn't get in the way of their best efforts, and it doesn't get in the way of what this book has to offer.

For me, it's not about how much "brand new information" an author provides, because let's face it...when it comes to your mind and how it works, how it moves you forward or holds you back...a LOT has been written. It's about CONTEXT, what an author DOES with that information, how he or she presents it. The end result will either inspire you to take action, or it won't. And while it is just my opinion, I am of the firm belief that this book could inspire YOU to take some necessary steps in your life, because that's what it's done for me.

The book is SO dense and fully-packed with powerful insights that I think it needs to be taken a chapter at a time. This is not a "quick read," and it probably would not serve you well to move on to the next concept before mastering the one you're on.

Some of the concepts may be a little "out there" for some (like the "Fish Bowl Guided Visualization," for one) but think for a moment. What you know and how you put it all together is how you got where you are right now. If you are 100% happy with that and satisfied with every aspect of your life, why would you possibly be considering this book? New perspectives are sometimes just what the doctor ordered, even if they may seem "offbeat" at first. Maybe everything in this book will not resonate equally for you. Name the LAST book where THAT happened.

I don't want to say too much about the specific content of the book, because it would detract from the joy of your own discovery process. Suffice it to say that it's a book about mastery...mastering your thoughts, bringing discipline and focus to your actions, so that you can make progress while others are standing still.

This is NOT one of those "I've read it all before" books. I'm not sure how some of the other reviewers came to that kind of conclusion but I encourage you, at minimum, to download the Kindle sample and decide for yourself. Then get the book and start taking full control of your life and your happiness.
on January 28, 2013
I found the techniques in "Unbeatable Mind" extremely helpful to bettering my focus on everday life. There are no secrets in the book, rather a takes a combination of best practices. The book shows you how to apply them. I am a husband, proud father of a screaming infant, an active duty Marine, and an online student for college, and an everyday student in life. I have many more roles than just that and haveing a good game plan keeps me on top of it all. It is a book with the successful game plan I need.
on June 24, 2014
For someone who is considering to start their journey in self-development this book may give some basic and simplistic ideas. But for anyone who already has any practical experience on martial arts practice, military training, yoga, meditation or mindfulness the book is just another book among hundreds of identical simplifications. The title is bold, but the content is very thin.
on August 19, 2013
Good content that will be a little repetitive for those with "sheep dog training" in their background, but well worth the time nonetheless. I have no doubt the Unbeatable mind / Sealfit programs are well worth the time and money, but I expected more detailed editing and refinement in what amounts to a sales pitch for their high speed programs. Obvious grammar & formatting issues do make me wonder about the level of quality in the other products. However, the information and techniques presented here are rock solid and will benefit everyone from an operator to housewife.
on May 24, 2014
Teaching yourself to focus is an amazing tool for anyone. Military or not, anyone can benefit from the strategy he suggests.
on July 3, 2014
I have been an entrepreneur for 7 years so far and I believe Mark's approach to training is by far the best I have found. I wish I had found his training systems 7 years ago when I started out so I could do integrated training where mind, body and soul get aligned and therefore powerful. Over the past years I have been finding many of these techniques myself through thousands of hours of studying, training and exploring, but if you are reading this review you are lucky because all you have to do is start by reading this book and follow through on the concepts and you will have an unbeatable mind! Thank you for contributing to the world on the level that you are!