“A must-have guide….Beshara's a proven super talent. Read him.” - Joyce Lain Kennedy, nationally syndicated columnist, Tribune Media Services
What does Tony Beshara do that most résumé “experts” don’t? While the experts write résumés all day, Tony—the veteran placement specialist featured regularly on the Dr. Phil show—actually uses them to get people jobs.
With Unbeatable Résumés, Tony dissects and discusses real-life résumés for jobs in a wide range of industries from healthcare to banking, construction to technology, administration to sales and marketing, and more. The book shows readers how to build a powerful résumé, utilize keywords effectively, use gaps and job changes to their advantage, and pair their résumés with concise, dynamic cover letters. He complements his expertise (he has personally placed more than 8,500 professionals) with the results of a survey of more than 3,000 managers, executives, HR specialists, and other hiring authorities about what gets résumés read, interviews granted, and jobs offered.
Readers will learn:
• The critical components of well-written résumé
• How to ensure their résumé actually gets read... by the right people
• What employers look for, and what turns them off
• How to customize a résumé for a particular job
• The truth about video résumés, job-search websites, and social networking sites like FaceBook, LinkedIn, andMySpace
• And much more
Unbeatable Résumés shows job seekers of all types how to present themselves in the best possible light…for the best possible position.