5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING NEW PARANORMAL ROMANCE NOVEL

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable Love Review
Published on January 28, 2012 by sarahg

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING NEW PARANORMAL ROMANCE NOVEL, November 29, 2011
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved Unbreakable Love by Angela Carling, and I think that other readers will become instant fans of this novel too. Unbreakable Love is a remarkable young adult paranormal romance novel, and I'd like to strongly recommend this novel to readers who are looking for a clean and tender paranormal love story.The friendship and romance between Jennie and Nate will take your breath away.

There are so many young adult series out right now. Almost every single novel I pick up lately turns out to be the first book in a new series. I have nothing against reading multiple books, but every now and then I just want a phenomenal stand-alone novel, a book that doesn't make me wait years to get my happily ever after. Unbreakable Love was exactly what I was looking for, a fabulous stand- alone novel that was packed with conflict and didn't make me wait for my happy ending.

Unbreakable Love is about a forbidden romance between a human girl and her guardian angel. Angels have been a trend in literature throughout the years. Therefore, it's nearly impossible to write a completely original novel about angels because almost everything has been done before. You can find some of the common trends about angels in Unbreakable Love, but in my opinion, Unbreakable Love is unique enough to be termed an original novel.

This is a positive and uplifting story, but it definitely has its tear jerker moments, too. I cried. Twice. This story also made me break out in goose bumps quite a few times. It gave me chills to think that some of my intuitions and comforts are provided by angels. It's a beautiful thought.

Jennie's character captured my heart. She is a strong and compassionate heroine. She is genuine and kind. She is a good person, and she has a strong relationship with her parents. In my opinion, she is a great role model for young adults.

I am very impressed with Angela Carling. She steals your attention, and she keeps your prisoner until the very end. This novel flew by because her fluid writing style is extremely easy to read. I look forward to reading more novels by Carling in the future.

I gave Unbreakable Love by Angela Carling 5 STARS. If you haven't had the chance to check out this novel yet, then you should do so immediately. It's romantic and inspiring. I absolutely adored it, and I think that you will too.

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING

FOR MORE REVIEWS CHECK OUT MY BLOG ON BLOGSPOT: READING, EATING & DREAMING I WAS BLAIR WALDORF

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable Love Review, January 28, 2012
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Paperback)
Judging by the cover, I automatically thought this was a YA contemporary novel. However, this book actually has a really good blend of contemporary and paranormal. It explores the idea of guardian angels without going too crazy into the paranormal world, which I thought was something kind of new and refreshing. I suppose it made it a little more realistic, as if this actually could happen to you. So if paranormal seems a little far-fetched for you but you'd like to see what all the hype is about...this would be a good starter novel!

Nate is Jennie's guardian angel, sent to protect her in the most volatile season of her life. However, what the high hosts were thinking when they sent a hot angel dude down to protect a vulnerable teenage girl, I'll never know!!! See, the rule is as a guardian angel you can't touch your protectee and you most definitely CANNOT fall in love with them. Yet, Nate must somehow fit into Jennie's world...become her best friend...so that when the moment comes he can protect her from death. Unfortunately, the imminent attraction between Nate and Jennie puts everything at risk.

And Nate...definitely my favorite character in the book!!! I really loved how he, though a guardian angel, had very human emotions. I felt like I really got to know Nate, even more than I knew Jennie. His desire to do his job, knowing the end result if he didn't, yet at the same time not being able to control his feelings and wanting out of the assignment showed how honorable a man (or angel) he was. I definitely would love to have someone like Nate as my guardian angel!

This is a super-fast paced novel, which kind of bothered me at first, but it made for a quick, exciting read. It's one of those books that'll just take you a day (a weekend at the most) to devour. And plus, in a market where series and trilogies dominate, this is a stand alone novel. A definite plus when you're looking for that quick read in the midst of your crazy busy life!

Last of all, if you're looking for a clean read, put this one in your TBR pile. This awesome romance is completely satisfying without all the super-touchy-bare skin-feely scenes that are becoming so prominent in YA lit these days!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and endearing!, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Kindle Edition)
I won this book from a giveaway hosted by Popcornreads.com.

Maybe it's because I'm a hopeless romantic myself, but I was drawn to this little book. It is very simply written and actually reminds me a lot of the show, Kyle XY. Jennie and Nate make a sweet couple, but probably my favorite character is Celeste.

The story probably wraps up too neatly, especially in the last chapter. But there's a part of me that was glad that it ended the way it did.

A nice pre-Valentine's read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable Love Review, February 7, 2012
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Paperback)
Unbreakable Love is the debut novel of Author Angela Carling, and I was lucky enough to snag a copy!

This has got to be one of the super cutest books I've read in awhile. The characters are great, though, the story line isn't as unique as I would have liked it to be, Mrs. Carling does a great job in writing a novel with Angels in it.
Angels have swept across the world, becoming a very popular storyline vice, but even though it's something that is over worked, Mrs. Carling still manages to put a nice twist on it.

Jennie finds herself with a guardian angel when she meets Nate--Only she doesn't know it. Right away there are sparks flying and you can see just how heart-warming their romance is going to be--Of course if Nate allows himself to indulge.

A few things were a little unclear in the beginning and since this is a short read, the pacing was lightening fast in some places, however, all the strings are tied up in the end leaving you quite satisfied.

If this debut novel is the type of writing we can see from Mrs. Carling in the future, I can bet she's going to make a name for herself with great novels and fun writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Cute Read!, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Paperback)
Carling has put together a really cute guardian angel love story. And, while there are many books out there dealing with the topic of angels, I personally haven't seen very many dealing with the good guardian angel, but more so the bad fallen angel. This was a nice change, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Nate and Jennie as they became intense friends. While the pacing of the novel was a little fast, and it made it difficult to gage the exact amount of time that passes within the novel, it's clear that Jennie and Nate have a slow budding relationship, though it seems to move quite quickly through the pages as Carling skips the boring segments of friendship building all together. Some readers may not like that the novel tends to fast forward to the action, for instance asking about a dance that's a few weeks away, and then, a few paragraphs later, suddenly being at the dance, but I kind of enjoyed this. It's apparent that Jennie and Nate's friendship is blooming, but Carling makes sure that the story keeps a fast pace. Yet, she still is able to flesh out her main characters without all bringing the novel to a standstill in action. This tactic won't be enjoyable for everyone, especially those who really want to see the relationship slowly blooming, but I found it refreshing.

Nate's struggle between his duty to protect Jennie and his growing love for her were really interesting to watch. In order to protect her, he must keep his distance, but that's also nearly impossible to do when love in involved. I really enjoyed how Carling developed his struggle and, though at times it seems impossible that all will end well, the twist at the end brought a huge smile to my face. Carling is an author to watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable Love, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Paperback)
This is not a book that I would have picked up to read, but I was given the book to read and I really did enjoy it! It is very well written and keeps the reader interested. I am a school librarian and I know that this book would be a hit amongst the girls at my school. The title and cover might imply that it is a young adult book, but I think that girls as young as 4th grade would love reading it. There is nothing in the book that would be inappropriate for young girls. It is a great story of friendship, love and full of life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this Book!, January 21, 2012
G Robison (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Paperback)
I found this book unique, refreshing, captivating and enjoyable to read. The characters were well portrayed and I felt like I really knew how Nate and Jenny felt and thought. The story line was an emotional roller coaster for me - always wondering what would happen next. I would recommend this book to anyone over fourteen years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Clean Read, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I was immediately drawn into the story and characters--the time flew by and before I knew it the book was finished. The writing was well done. It was not too melodramatic as some young adult novels can be. I like Jennie's strong character and confidence. I love the strong family connection within Jennie's family. I would recommend this book to those looking for a fun, clean and uplifting read. I love the ending! Who is to stay that we don't have gaurdian angels watching over us...

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful stand alone novel with a compelling story line and interesting characters, December 1, 2011
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Paperback)
A wonderful stand alone novel with a compelling story line and interesting characters. I have read it twice and would enthusiastically recommend it to anyone who loves the young adult genre. Angela has very adeptly captured soul and emotion in her book and adroitly navigates her characters through unique challenges and adversity that readers will find both original and interesting. I was immediately drawn into her main characters Jennie and Nate as they try to find a way to be together when circumstances seem destined to keep them apart. The twists and turns her characters experience elicited a strong emotional response from me and kept me interested in the story until its conclusion. Also, the fact that it is a standalone novel was refreshing. Being able to read and come away with closure in one setting, instead of being left to wonder for the next 10 months how the story will end, was welcomed. That being said though, I wouldn't mind if Jennie and Nate's story evolved into a series. It has the potential. Here's hoping it does (as long as I can find my happy place at the end of each book)!

4.0 out of 5 stars NightlyReading Review, November 29, 2011
This review is from: Unbreakable Love (Kindle Edition)
This is a debut novel by Ms. Carling and I really enjoyed the storyline!

The writing style was different from what I am use to and the book was written like the author was telling a story. It was not necessarily from one character's point of view. It was interesting to read a book written this way, but I was not able to get in touch with the characters as much as I would have liked to.

The book starts off with Jennie going on yet another date set up by her BFF. She is tired of trying to be polite and acting like she is enjoying herself. Her ex has broken her heart and she does not have it in her to open her heart to anyone in the near future.

Then we meet Nate. Nate is Jennie's guardian angel. He is sent to help her with a traumatic point in her life. When they meet, Nate is immediately drawn to her. And it does not take Jennie long to fall for Nate either, even though she wanted to resist.

The really tough part about this whole book was the fact that these two could not be together! We watched as Jennie got her heart-broken over and over again from Nate because he was unable to tell her his true feelings!

In the end, the book actually turned out to be pretty perfect and I was left with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye!

Unbreakable Love