Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 8, 2010 9:45:46 PM PDT
Edony says:
Where is it possible to preorder this game and get the code for Drake instead of Ratchet and Clank??

Posted on Apr 9, 2010 10:15:18 AM PDT
Pre-order at:
Amazon and you get Ratchet and Clank,
Best Buy and you get Nathan Drake of Uncharted,
GameStop and you get Kratos.

Posted on Apr 9, 2010 8:48:02 PM PDT
G. Mayfield says:
@Joel Eden, Best Buy as Dominic said, but only Amazon and Wal-Mart offer the $10 game credit with it also. Dunno if you care about that at all though.

Posted on Apr 9, 2010 11:47:06 PM PDT
Edony says:
Okay thank you for the replies. I was a huge fan of Uncharted 2, so I want to race as Drake instead of Ratchet and Clank.

Posted on Apr 13, 2010 4:16:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2010 4:17:57 AM PDT
Do all places get the "mystery kart" as well or is that an Amazon exclusive? Also does anybody know if the pre-order karts can be broken down for individual, and hopefully unique pieces or are they just pre-made with the tools available?

Posted on Apr 14, 2010 12:31:31 PM PDT
W. Barnes says:
Do you think that Kratos and Drake will eventually be available for DLC or only through preorder?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2010 10:14:13 AM PDT
Adam says:
Yes, Sony is really good at letting everyone have a chance of getting the preorder bonus for in game content (not sure about Home stuff) as I've seen Kratos for LBP in its store and it was a Gamestop exclusive if memory service me right.

But the only guarantee is to preorder from whatever places has the version you most want.

Me I want the gift card and two carts isn't anything to be disappointed in.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2010 1:04:33 PM PDT
M. Allan says:
I believe we get a Ratchet Mod and a Clank Mod but not a Ratchet and Clank Cart.

Posted on Apr 27, 2010 7:03:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 27, 2010 8:01:02 AM PDT
Yeah the videos up on PSN show a ratchet and clank mod but no kart and the pre-order box now simply states that they're mods.

I still remain the most curious about the "mystery mod and kart" on the pre-order. Before I saw the gamestop pre-order I probably would have said it was a Kratos package but now I'm thinking maybe it will elude to a future release. Perhaps a Twisted Metal Sweet Tooth mod/kart?

Posted on Apr 27, 2010 7:56:27 PM PDT
J. Pan says:
According to, it seems like the mystery mod is sackboy.

Posted on Apr 28, 2010 3:59:11 AM PDT
Ah, that would make sense.

Posted on Apr 28, 2010 9:37:55 AM PDT
Amitoj S. says:
does anyone know for sure if you get ratchet and clank karts or just mods?
if you only get the mods i will preorder from bestbuy but if you get ratchet and clank karts as well then i will get it from here.

in all the pics i have seen there are no karts, but in some videos ratchet is in a red kart and clank is in a silver one. are those karts included in the game, or do they only come with ratchet and clank?

Posted on Apr 28, 2010 7:28:37 PM PDT
Barry Deane says:
Mystery mod isn't Sackboy. Sackboy is supposed to be an extra bonus on top of those already offered. Waiting for or to change their pre-order description to indicate that Sackboy is now added to the Ratchet, Clank, and mystery mod offer.

Posted on Apr 29, 2010 5:40:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 29, 2010 5:47:02 AM PDT
Posted on the Playstation blog on Tuesday...

The mystery kart/mod is 1 of 4 random karts/mods featuring 4-6 unique parts (total). They are...

Mouse Trap: Wedge of cheese looking kart with a mouse-like mod.
Lil Tinker: Soap Box Derby kart with generic mod featuring a pot helmet and x-ray glasses
Cowboy: Sort of old school car looking kart with rope steering wheel and saddle seat and a cow cowboy looking mod
Woody: Golf Cart kart and a caddy looking mod

I can only look on my phone right now but the cheese kart and cowboy kart look pretty neat, the other two are kind of boring. Either way unique parts are a nice little bonus so I imagine the same is true of all the other pre-order/DLC mod/karts. The sackboy is indeed an added bonus to all STICKERED copies of the game. If you're looking for the sackboy mod/kart (ferrari carboard box looking kart, typical sackboy) make sure your copy has a sticker which indicates as much on the cover of the game. Most will probably qualify short of used copies much like we've seen lately with games like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age.

So an Amazon pre-order will likely get you...

Mods: Sackboy, Ratchet, Clank, 1x Mystery
Karts: Carboard Ferrari, 1X Mystery

Posted on May 6, 2010 2:51:21 PM PDT
M. Henzel says:
I wouldn't worry too much about getting these "corporate" mods/karts. If you've seen what players can do with Little Big Planet you will know they can do just as well if not better than anything the pros can do. :) I'm sure there will be every popular character under the sun within a week or 2 of it's release.

I look forward to racing as Sweet Tooth in a race against Mario, Sonic, Mickey Mouse, Samus, StarFox, Pac-Man, Crash Bandicoot, Sackboy, & Kratos... Bring it on! :)

Posted on May 10, 2010 1:24:16 PM PDT
E. Borah says:
I was kind of partial to the Charlie Brown mod and car that someone made in the beta. CB looked good as a racer. Hope I can still get that in the release version!

Posted on May 11, 2010 4:12:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2010 4:14:25 AM PDT
Supposedly people's creations from beta were going to make it over to the retail version. I haven't read up on this since the closing week of beta though, things may have changed.

Yeah, the 'unique' mods/karts aren't very exciting when the heart of the game is in the creation but getting a handful of new parts right out of the box is a nice little bonus for a pre-order IMO. My goal is to do an Alucard mod/kart but I'll have to see what's available. Some of my favorites from the beta were the Killzone Hellghast, Ironman, and somebody had done a pretty respectable Mario given the limited parts in beta.

Posted on May 11, 2010 7:39:10 AM PDT
JBP says:
Yes i also belive that with those creation mods tools we will have a lot of options to copy characters from other videogames, cartoons, anime and much more. also i read somewhere that u can also adjust the sound track wich is cool
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Apr 8, 2010
Latest post:  May 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Modnation Racers - PlayStation3 (Greatest Hits)
Modnation Racers - PlayStation3 (Greatest Hits) by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars (228)