Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on December 7, 2011
When I decided to trade options I read every book available on the subject and viewed a number of videos. When I finally found Uncle Bobs Money book I thought I do not need another book on this subject. I quickly realized that it was by far the easiest book to understand the different strategies available with the potential risks & rewards of each trade. But the major factor here is that the trading rules are super detailed: you cannot go wrong here.
When I sent a query to Uncle Bobs Money website I was astonished to get an answer in hours, very impressive.

If you want a thorough grounding in options in an easy to understand format I thoroughly recommend this book.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2011
I'm a novice at options trading and I was looking for a book that could take me to the next level and beyond. Uncle Bob has provided a great service for someone who needs plain English and not a graduate degree in mathematics to understand how to make money trading options. You can't speed read this book but it covers everything you need to know to be successful trading options using low risk methods. The recommendations seem intuitive once you read and understand them. Once you practice the methods and discipline described by Uncle Bob, I think you can be very successful trading options. Also Uncle Bob is responsive to emails, he really wants to help you succeed in trading options.
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2012
I've been trading Stock options for about 10 years now. I came across this book on Amazon and was impressed with what high rating this book has. So I ordered it. Well let me tell you, you can learn everything this book has to offer in any options beginner book. Basically the premise of the book is to entice to to subscribe to "Uncle Bobs" web site for $39.00 a month. Example bottom of page 61. "One of the key values of a subscription at Uncle Bob's Money is exactly because we show when to stay OUT of the market". So they're saying is you need this book and a subscription if you want to make money on options. I'm sure the UncleBobsMoney wrote all these great reviews. Amazon need to do something about authors or companies promoting their book by writing their own reviews.

Don't waste your money on this book.
44 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2012
Its only a platform to sell you a subscription to his site!!!!
Don't buy this book, even if its looks cheap!! Don't make same mistake i made!!!!
on April 15, 2012
First of all... I have no idea if a bunch of people were paid to give this book a 5-star review or not. I have to admit, it seems a little suspicious when there are so many semi-homogenous full-on praises of the book, and then so many "this review was helpful" clicks. Even the best products have flaws and scrutinizers will find them.

On the other hand, I wonder if the few people who are convinced beyond convincing that everyone is being paid to make reviews are the ones being paid. Or maybe they just listen to too much Art Bell. Or maybe I listen to too much Art Bell. Who knows?

(An aside: is Art Bell still around? Does anyone get this reference?)

The following review was not paid for, though if anyone wants to send me money, that would be great:

The book breaks down basic non-directional options trades to the bare bones and provides fair evidence that if you want to trade options and not risk losing your shirt, this is the way to go. And it probably is. You can make consistent, good, low-risk money with Iron Condors and the other three types of trades described in the book.

Before opening the book, I thought I would be in for a Motley Fool-type witty reading experience given the cartoony cover and mysterious author name, but Uncle Bob (aka David LeVine) skips over comedy for forthrightness. If you don't have some background in finance or statistics, you may have to re-read parts of the book as the writing is quite dry, not overly engaging, and options are a fairly complex topic.

And yes, the book is written (in part) to sell the paid portion of the website. This is not a new concept (see: Motley Fool reference above, or Jim Cramer), nor is it shocking that you'd have to have to pay for financial guidance (see: the premium portions of every financial guidance web site on the internet). For what it's worth, the site made the concepts in the book easier to understand, though after awhile you may find you don't need the site anymore.

You should also know that the vast majority of the meat and potatoes info in the book is actually available on the Uncle Bob's web site for free.

All in all, it's a very good entry point for conservative options trading that requires a little patience to read and may require a little patience to understand. I can't give it five stars because the prose is somewhat lacking, but I imagine it's a tough task to make options entertaining. Maybe if the site subscription cost more, Uncle Bob could hire an editor with a comedic touch. Maybe the same people Motley Fool uses.

Now who wants to give me some money?
on April 5, 2012
I bought this book because the Kindle version is $2.99. I figured I wouldn't miss that small amount. But, after reading the continuous advertisment for Uncle Bob's Website, I'd like my money back. At first I couldn't figure out how a publisher would allow so much advertisement. I discovered that this publisher, Createspace, is a self-publisher and a member of Amazon group of companies. I'm sure if you are a beginner you will pick up a few nuggets of information from this book, but there are better books out there. A much better introduction to options trading is "Options for the Beginner and Beyond: Unlock the Opportunities and Minimize the Risks."
on July 6, 2012
The first few chapters are a good overview of options and how the market works. Then it plunges into trading strategies that are barely even explained. Everything just refers you to the author's website, which of course requires PAID SUBSCRIPTION. You'll get plenty of ideas in this book, but no understanding of how to implement them without dropping some serious change. I'd first see if you are willing to pay for the cost of the site, before deciding if you want to pay for the book.
on February 5, 2012
I think it would be hard to find any other options book out there quite like this one, containing not only the bits and pieces beginners should know, terminology, graphs, charts, examples and detailed descriptions of different strategies, but how and when you should use each of those. You take the information and tools given to you in this book and they teach you how to apply them to your future ventures. It is a laid back sort of tutorial in the sense that almost anyone can follow and understand its steps, and with wise investment choices can make their venture profitable.
on December 7, 2011
I never knew there were quite so many terms regarding stock options. I was a bit apprehensive at first about doing the research, afraid that I would become overwhelmed and give up all together.

They break it down for you and explain it all in detail in this book, and they're careful not to overload you with too many things at once. It's easy to understand, yet doesn't make you feel as if you're reading a book at a kindergarten reading level.

The tools they give you to work with give you a sense of being "hands-on" with the process, which for me was a huge plus when learning the ins and outs of buying and selling options according to their specific strategies.
on February 8, 2012
I first started out in stocks with the NASDAQ and NYSE. I spend little, and I lost little. Then I learned that big money can be made with penny stocks, so I jumped in. I made some pretty good money, then I LOST IT ALL on a single bad trade. I was pretty upset and inexperienced, so I held off on stocks for awhile. At the same time, I desperately wanted to learn options trading. Uncle Bob's Money is a life saver.

I generally pick up dummies books, but despite the name, they end up usually making you feel more stupid on the way out than when you went in. This book was easy to follow, and I can understand the entire process of options trading thanks to the writing style.

If you want to learn options, then this book is a definite winner.