Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on December 28, 2011
I got a set of these for my toddler and not only are they beautifully made and non-toxic they are so much fun! Each side of the block has an activity. One side is the number itself (which is embossed), another side has the number plus dots representing the numerical property (3 dots for the number 3), the other two sides have portions of a rocket ship or circus train.

My son loves playing with these and they are very durable. They definitely have a wood smell not to be confused with a chemical smell and the paint is definitely non-toxic and eco friendly. These are slightly larger than standard size blocks which is great for stacking. I really can't complain. I like these so much I bought sets for gifts.

Also, Made in the USA!
on July 16, 2014
Very bummed about these. Not at all like the pictures.The circus train is red instead of blue (not a big deal) but also, the features of the train are not as detailed as the pictured ones. One of the main reasons I purchased these was for the rocket ship and THERE WAS NO ROCKET ON THESE BLOCKS, ONLY A PLANT (A VINE). I love plants, and maybe would have bought this anyway, but my son is into rockets now and that is why I bought this. The numbers on the blocks are NOT AS PICTURED... the numbers look the same on the opposite 2 sides of the blocks (disappointing and boring) and the sides are blue with the numbers engraved in the block, so the background is blue and the numbers are natural wood color for all the numbers. The blocks pictured have many different colors and the numbers stick out rather than being engraved in. One of the most disappointing things was that I bought these to help my son learn counting. The dots on the blocks are NOT AS PICTURED as well. The paint on the dots side is a very pale yellow it with a small number shown (kind of like pictured) however, each dotted side has 10 dots and for the number shown, there are those number of dots filled in with the remainder left as open dots. I can see maybe why they did that, because as pictured the sides of the blocks have a bit of blank space, however, trying to explain to a young child to count the filled in dots and not the open ones is really difficult... and the main point is THE DOTS ARE NOT AS PICTURED. Also not as pictured is the side of the blocks with the building on it, the building parts are blue instead of red, and like the circus train, are lacking detail. So, over all very disappointing. My 2 year old even said I do not like these blocks :( Would he have been more impressed if they were as pictured, I'm not sure.

Also, like other reviewers said, the blocks ding easily, but I could overlook that if the other items above were resolved. Also the blocks are not the same size as other Uncle Goose Blocks. They are slightly larger. My son has the block wagon, and when you try to put these in the wagon with other uncle goose blocks it is difficult to get them to fit... not a big deal but just letting you know.

I would have sent these back but I threw away the box before I realized the situation with these blocks. I really dislike it when items are so incorrectly represented.

I want very much to support an American Company and American products but for them to send out a product that is so different than pictured (and still pretty expensive!) then the company or product does not deserve support. Don't buy.
on October 4, 2011
These blocks are very nice. Some of the numbers are embossed, others just "inked" onto the wood.

We got them when our daughter was maybe 8 months old... its been 3 months now and she still plays with them. At first we would stack them and she would knock them down. Now she enjoys stacking them herself and/or moving them around to different areas.

As she gets older we can use them to teach numbers.

I bought this with the Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Blocks Set... they go well together since you have all the letters and numbers.
Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Blocks Set

As far as durability - our daughter has tried chewing on them (there isn't much to chew on with the corners being the way they are) and she bangs them around. They have held up well so far.

I'd recommend these.
on May 16, 2014
I bought these because I have the Uncle Goose alphabet blocks and knew that I was getting a quality item. These blocks are just as shown in the images - bright colors, cute designs, and good for teaching kids numbers. I also like that these are made here in the US as I try to support US companies and am on a search for kids items made in the USA. I only buy items made in the US or Europe for my kids - no made in China toys for us. The blocks stand up to use but do get some dents in the wood. I have not had any problems with blocks chipping, cracking or breaking and my boys are tough on these. They build towers and knock them down, they've been chewed and sucked on and dropped down the stairs but have not broken. They are a great classic toy and Uncle Goose makes all kinds with other languages and everything. You won't be disappointed.
on May 11, 2010
My 20 month old likes the blocks for a moment. She won't play with them for too long but she will play with them as we teach her to recognize her numbers. But again, only for about 15 minutes. They are very durable blocks and nice. I would recommend them.
on March 16, 2014
Seemed a little pricy but quality appears to excellent and in this age of dazzel me digitally toys, these blocks still delight toddlers and quickly become one of their favorite toys.
on October 12, 2013
Love the blocks and all the details but I think I would buy plain blocks next time to save money :-)
on November 6, 2014
Wow! Really nice, obviously hand made. These will be a keepsake to be handed down. Love them!
on October 30, 2014
The blocks were all blue debossed numbers, and not like the picture, we will be returning.
on January 18, 2015
We ordered these to take pictures of our daughter's monthly birthday. Since it didn't come with a ZERO, I went to re-order a second set and realized these are NOT as described in the photo. Every single block is the same for the number - instead of being a number in color with the outline in that color as pictured, each bock in blue with the number being the wood color.

so if you think the picture is waht you are getting DO NOT ORDER!