Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on December 29, 2007
I did not purchase my holster from LG Outdoors as the previous poster did, so I cannot speak to their customer service or the issues he had in obtaining his refund.

As for the holster itself, I could not disagree more with his negative review. I purchased this holster for a Keltec P-3AT .380 semiauto, with the intention of having a concealed carry weapon with me even when wearing clothes that would not permit a standard size weapon. At first glance, I was not overly impressed with the seemingly simplistic design. But in the weeks that I have carried (worn) this holster (and the weapon within it), I have really become quite impressed with its form and function.

The holster DOES do a good job of keeping unwanted debris or loose change from entering the action or the trigger area of the weapon, but where this holster really shines is in the design of the materials and outershell. The holster is soft and as lightweight as possible. This helps to reduce the imprint of the weapon on your pocket and also keeps from weighing down your pants when wearing lightweight dress pants or wool slacks. The outer material is a suede like material, and the band around the middle is s rubber-textured material, so that the holster stays in your pocket when you draw your weapon. In fact, that was really what I was concerned with when I first purchased this holster; I thought the holster might come out with the gun and slow down a draw in a dangerous situation. But everytime I wear it, I practice a draw and it has never failed remain in its place and release the gun quickly.

Often I wear mine in the place I might normally wear my wallet, and there is almost no difference in size or weight between the weapon/holster and my normal wallet. It is just as comfortable and no more noticible than the wallets most men carry.

Obviously a .380 is not my first choice in a concealed carry weapon, but on those rare occasions when it is a choice between no CCW and my tiny .380, I have been EXTREMELY pleased with the fit and function of my Uncle Mike's Sidekick Pocket holster.
99 comments|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2011
Bought to pocket carry a Ruger LCR. After much research -- despite the product description -- I opted for the size #4. Discussion forums commonly stated that the #3 was too small on the trigger guard for a LCR. Some didn't mind, but I would NOT want any bit of trigger exposed with a loaded revolver in my pocket. For those that worry the holster is too large, it is not. With the LCR (Hogue boot grip) seated all the way in, the trigger was completely covered -- yet did not restrict my ability to gain a full grip-hold easily. I can easily draw with my normal grip. No adjustments are needed pre-draw or while presenting the revolver. The anti-slip strip works well & with tests using various jackets, pants, shorts, etc. I have not had the holster come out. I would use this holster with pants, baggy jeans & any type of shorts (including board shorts). I highly recommend, especially for the price.
on August 11, 2009
Overall, a good pocket holster, but I had some issues with it that caused me to look elsewhere. If I used it in loose fitting jeans with large pockets I found that it wouldn't stay upright in the pocket. The holster is vary narrow at the bottom which allows it to move around in the pocket as you walk or move, eventually tipping forward to the point that the gun was horizontal in the pocket. Not good. Also, it had problems staying put. I would frequently draw the pistol and have the holster come along for the ride. It worked fine in tighter pants. Stayed put and made for a quick clean draw. But in loose fitting pants with large pockets, I don't recommend it.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2010
The size 2 and size 3 fit keltec/ruger 380s and keltec PF9s respectively with crimson trace lasers perfectly. They accommodate the laser and don't hit the activation button!
on May 8, 2012
I got the #4 holster in the winter time when I purchased my Ruger LCP. I love the holster when I was carrying it in my jacket pocket. It grabs the pocket well and the gun comes out of it easily. I have zero complaints when carrying it in my jacket. But know its summer time and the #4 holster I think is just too large for my jean pocket. I have tried the #2 with the Lasermax laser and did not like the tight fit of the laser.
on August 1, 2012
I bought this to conceal a Springfield XDS. It fits great, but the lining could not stand up to the XDS' front site. It kept catching, and ultimately tore a hole in the interior lining. It should be reinforced with a better material where front site contacts the holster.
on March 30, 2008
I find that the Uncle Mikes Inside pocket holster is perfect for carrying a concealed firearm. There is minimal outline and the firearm is very easy to access.
on June 6, 2010
make sure you get the right size - number 2 is perfect for ruger lcp

happy
on July 20, 2012
This little pocket holster was precisely what I was looking for. I have a Bersa Thunder 380 CC, which I want to keep hidden, yet be able to reach for it without much flurry. Sort of like wanting to pull my car keys out without snags, other crap coming out, or using two hands. The holder allows me to flip off the safety in pocket, slips out nicely, and bob's your uncle, I'm ready. The rubberized material holds the holster in the pocket without slippage. Uncle Mike's website said I should choose size two for my Bersa 380 CC, but another reviewer stated a size three is best. He was spot on. Size three is perfect for the Bersa 380CC. Lastly, it doesn't show in the pants pocket. I even put it in my gym shorts and yes, I did look happy to see you, lol. But regular pants, nary a clue.
on April 4, 2015
For the price of < $10, you can't beat these Uncle Mike inside-the-pocket holsters. I have three: size 2 for a Taurus TCP, size 3 for a Ruger LC9s and size 4 for a Ruger LCRx. I've owned the size 2 for several years and it has weathered the time well after intermittent use.

PROs: Good quality material, stitching and overall construction; Well designed to stay inside the pocket when you draw your handgun; very good value for the money; fits the models I've listed well; soft and comfortable to wear; so far, is easy to clean with light brushing; light weight.

CONs: As others have noted, it will move around in larger pants pockets, which is to be expected almost any inside-the-pocket holster; firearm printing (visible outline of a gun when inside clothing) is present when I use these holsters for my LC9s and LCRx because the grips' shapes are clearly visible outside the pants such that the eye completes the picture on some--not all--pant types. I use DeSantis Pocket Shot wallet holsters to completely avoid printing when I carry my Kimber Solo and S&W Bodyguard pistols.) Still, I love these Uncle Mike's holsters with the right pant type, like looser fitting khaki shorts.

Overall, for the money and quality these holsters are a solid 5 star purchase.