4.0 out of 5 stars Science Class Hit!
This mini-planetarium was a super one-day surprise for my students during our space exploration unit. I enjoyed it and the students were able to identify objects that they see in the night sky. Big bang for the buck!

8th grade science teacher
Published 19 months ago by Virginia Raybould

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even a decent night light
Published on October 21, 2010 by Summer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even a decent night light, October 21, 2010
Summer (Pyeongtaek, South Korea) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
All of the reviews I read were poor, but I bought this item anyway because I wasn't looking for an educational toy so much as something to project stars onto the walls and ceiling while my two year old son fell asleep. The Star Theatre is total crap, to put it bluntly. The constellations are so fuzzy that the educational aspect of it is useless, and all they are is lines with dots, so it isn't a fun or interesting night light for younger kids.

It's also very chintzy and would probably break very easily. Complete waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy! Don't buy!, November 14, 2010
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
The item description makes this thing out to be A LOT better than it actually is. I purchased it for my 9yr old son and 11yr old daughter who show an avid interest in astronomy, but it was a major disappointment in any room we took it into. They were SO excited at first, but after trying it in every different sized room in our home (including the bathroom), I could tell they were getting more and more disappointed that it wasn't doing what I had told them it could do. You know, at the very least project constellations around the room! But those were mostly faded, fuzzy and frustratingly illegible. Even the CD dialogue was mind numbingly boring.. What a hunk of junk.. I recommend don't buy don't buy.. I wish I hadn't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Listened to all the Reviews..., December 11, 2010
Laura (Bethlehem, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
I ordered this for a little girl who likes stars, not an astronomist. So when I read all the negative reviews, I figured everyone was expecting this toy to be a planetarium when all I wanted was an educational toy. My apologies for questioning everyone who said this was junk! It absolutely was -- I sent it right back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, January 7, 2011
Chris "Chris" (East syracuse, NY) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
The directions say not to leave a child unattended for good reason. Ours melted. The smell was awful. Fire hazard keep away.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, December 25, 2011
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
Picture a sphere of clear plastic with white dots painted as stars and lines tracing out the constellations, with a lightbulb inside. Major issues: (1) this projects the stars as dark spots on a light background, rather than the inverse. (2) The stars, lines, and writing (constellation names) are blurry. The instruction manual says to "raise or lower" the projector until the stars are in focus- hah. The stars come somewhat into focus when the projector is about 1 foot below the ceiling. (3) No allowance is made for the fact that peoples' bedrooms have a flat ceiling, so even when the stars in the center are in focus, the surrounding stars are blurry. I wouldn't buy this for another child if it cost fifty cents at a yardsale- it's absolute junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible! Not what they advertised it to be!, January 6, 2011
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
I bought this for my nephews for Christmas this year and what a complete disappointment. The kids looked at it for about 5 minutes and then looked at me like they wanted to hurt me. It looks like a boring slide show of stars. The website made it look like the image would cover the walls and ceiling with outer space but NOT! I also bought the 3D projector for my kids! That review is even worse than this one. Uncle Milton owes me some money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, November 14, 2011
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
The Star Theater 3 is very disappointing. Even if the light reached a surface more than 4 feet away, the constellations are too blurry to see. I'd return it if I still had the packaging.

3.0 out of 5 stars basic star show, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
The interior light worked, but the night light never did work. Somewhat disappointing. I probably wouldn't recommend this product to someone else.

1.0 out of 5 stars this toy is not worth the money, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
I was very disappointed in the quality of this toy. It is cheaply made, and the light bulb went out within 5 minutes of using the product. It is nearly impossible to read any of the projected constellations because it was so blurry. My 9 year old was very excited to use this, but didn't get anything out of it and was frustrated by the poor quality. I would not recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars As Awful As Everyone Says It Is, August 25, 2013
This review is from: Uncle Milton Star Planetarium (Toy)
Bought this for my daughter's 3rd birthday. On the first try, we were confused by the fact the stars were dark and the sky was light, and everything was blurry. We assumed it was our own mistake. The second night we spent a little more time with it and realized that the switch that turns the bulb on had failed. Meaning, I had to tape a piece of cardboard over the switch just to keep it depressed and therefore keep the light on. Everything is blurry, regardless of where you have it in the room. Switch is bad, bulb is bad, concept is bad. It. Is. So. Bad.

Uncle Milton Star Planetarium