4.0 out of 5 stars Star Theater
Published on January 1, 2012 by Kirsten

2.0 out of 5 stars A huge Disappointment
Like many others, I bought this for my daughter and was so disappointed with this projector, it is very dim and is not acceptable even in pitch black. It is not that sharp and using the 3D glasses does not do much for it. It looks cheaply made and will only run on batteries. We tried it just for a few minutes so I don't know how long the batteries will last.
I bought...
Published on January 27, 2012 by Brian M. Edwards

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A huge Disappointment, January 27, 2012
Brian M. Edwards (Edinburg, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
I bought this based mostly on the brief promotional video rather than the negative reviews, but now wish I had done the opposite. I splashed out on the Star Laser Projector instead that has wowed us all, though only a simulation, it is very impressive and if you can spare a hundred bucks, it is well worth it!

In my opinion this Uncle Milton star projector is a well intentioned, but poorly made inferior product!

Pluses
Has several different "slides"
Look nice.

Negatives
Way too dim!
Cheaply made
Only runs on batteries.
3D glasses don't improve the experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Star Theater, January 1, 2012
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
We purchased the Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater as a gift for our nine year-old daughter who is facinated with stars and the constallations. First things first, she LOVES it! It does not fill the room with stars- planetarium style-. It acts more like the old-style slide projectors that you must line up squarely on a wall or ceiling to project a round slide. If the projector is angled then the picture on the wall will become a slightly distorted oval with parts of the image out of exact focus. The projector shifts easily if touched or bumped requiring frequent readjustments when you have younger children around. :) It is easy to see the constallations with or without the 3D glasses but with the glasses the 3D imagery is really cool. Overall it is a great educational toy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucks, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
Dis not work on arrival. After tinkling for 15 min.with the battery holder and switch it finilly came on.
You have to hold it 3 ft from the ceiling to see it clearly. Sending it back for refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasted Money, January 6, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
My daughter was supposed to have this under the Christmas tree and it came after New Years. To our surprise there was no pamphlet or instructions in the box, no batteries, no adapter, and it is cheap lightweight plastic. There is a dial on the side that an adult can barely turn to view the different slides. She thought she could leave this on as a "night-light" and read it while she went to sleep...that's a lot of batteries since there is no wall plug! This will not be what you are expecting! Extremely disappointed!Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
Gave this to my nephew for his 10th birthday and he turns it on every night...loves it! Goes great with the Moon in my Room!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great gift, October 20, 2013
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
I bought this as a gift for my little sister and they loved it. There is only one set of 3D glasses but even when my other little sister looked at it she could still see all the stars and the planets. It has a bunch of different slides to look at too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it seems, December 29, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
I ordered this online for my nephew. He really loves stars and star maps. When the box came, there was no wrapping, just a globe and the stand in a box. The stand was cracked, the 3D glasses were broken and the projector was snapped off. I took the whole thing apart and glued everything back in the right place but the product is still of poor quality. I would've just thrown it out but it was Christmas eve and I needed to get him something. He seemed to like the idea but he didn't take the toy with him when he left the house.

Don't buy this junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am disappointed, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
it is a hype...all talk not good play unfortunately...my son 11 liked one pic on this and the projector never changes has very few pics to look at and only displays up to 3 to 4 foot away. It wont reach my ceiling at 7'7" tall....I am disappointed with this projector....

1.0 out of 5 stars not very happy, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
I was very disappointed in this product. I don't say this very often. It was my understanding the display would be larger. They should send 2 pair 3d glasses so an adult can help.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Uncle Milton 3-D Star Theater (Toy)
it doesn't even come with a instruction sheet to explain the constellation that is displayed . waste of my money

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›