5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!
Published on June 20, 2012 by Karen S D Robinson

1.0 out of 5 stars what idiot designed this??
I tried this out before giving it to my grandson. All it does is project a single picture on the ceiling with a noise. A hand-operated wheel changes the picture but makes the same sound. Very simplistic. If you're child isn't bored with this within a few seconds, I'd be surprised.
Published on September 13, 2011 by Col William Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, June 20, 2012
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
I'm 55 and I did not buy this for my non-existent grandkids. I bought it for me. I love fireworks. In our town, many fireworks are legal: fountains, sparklers, spinners, etc. But this year there's a statewide fire ban due to the High Park fire burning not far from here. Ever since the last fire ban, ten years ago, I've been looking for something like this. I even tried to cobble something together myself, but without sound it wasn't very satisfactory. So I began looking to see if anyone had manufactured something along those lines.

I looked at a video review of this and decided it was what I wanted. I'd like to address the complaints others have made here.

1. "The image is static." Well, kind of. It does zoom a bit so it seems to be expanding. And after it expands there's a little light effect that makes it seem to sparkle. And the sound effect really adds to the illusion of an explosion. If you don't read the directions and just pull the trigger, you'll get a static image. You have to pull two different triggers to get it to work properly, one that launches the firework and one that makes it explode. Oh, and note that the on/off switch is kind of hard to find. If it doesn't work at all, it may be that it's turned off.

2. "It's not very bright". You do have to be in a dark room for it to work well. We have a large windowless room in our basement, and the image seems plenty bright there. I shine it across the room and it fills the far wall.

3. "The projector isn't as big as it looks in the ad". It is ten inches long and three inches wide. Just the right size to fit in my hands. What difference does it make how big the projector is, anyway? The images are plenty big too; as I said, they fill the opposite wall of a large room.

4. "It's lame." Depends on what you expect. Do you really think you're going to get a video projector for eighteen bucks? You can watch videos of fireworks on your computer if that's what you want. You do have to have a bit of imagination to see the magic in this. But for me it recaptures the magic of many summer nights throughout the many years of my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Small Kids, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
We were going to watch the fireworks but it rained this past July. Fortunately, another parent had this toy in the car.
We dimmed the lights in the living room and voila! Instant fireworks.
It's a static still picture of fireworks that expands when activated. Older adolescents, bitter teenagers and
negative attitude adults will not like it. But for young toddlers and kids less less than 6-7, it's like watching fireworks at a fourth of july party without the bugs, mosquitos, sweat, and misery of the summer all in the comfort of your home.
God bless the person who invented this. We celebrate the 4th of July everyday now! (kids can't get enough of it; we are going nuts however) This will go into my toy museum when the kids grow up.

1.0 out of 5 stars what idiot designed this??, September 13, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars So hokey, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
Really not what we expected. It's pretty hokey. We thought it would be more like a light show and it's really just a simple graphic of a firework with some sound effects. It has to be super dark and if you pull too far away from the wall it's just a big, blurred mess. Maybe we expected too much?

4.0 out of 5 stars how to use the ZOOM feature, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
This toy is a cute little projector which is HUGELY BETTER if you use the zoom. Since it took me several minutes even after reading the instructions to figure it out, I thought I would put it in a review. First pull the slide on the top of the toy all the way back until you hear a sound like fireworks launching. Then pull the trigger at the back to turn on the light. You will then hear fireworks sounds while the picture expands and then sparkles (ok, flickers, but still). If you don't pull the slide all the way back you will just get a static picture, which is way less fun. Hope this helps someone to really enjoy this toy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!, December 27, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
I got this for my son for Christmas. It is very cheap and not worth the money. It is a piece of plastic with a button you click to change to a different firework picture. There is no movement or anything(its a still shot of a firework). It makes a firework sound each time you push the button. I was expecting to be impressed but was not unfortunately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, don't waste your money., December 26, 2011
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
Do not buy from YoungExplorers.com as they charge you 34.95 and it is pure garbage. It is cheap plastic and didn't work out of the box. I guarantee it cost about 2.00 to make overseas. Stay away from this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doubles as a machine gun, December 11, 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
Our three and a half year old picked this out at the toy store, a very tricky way to shop. On the one hand one gets the joy of watching their child pick something out, and on the other, you don't get the benefit of online reviews (ah well, I guess we could have checked on our phone if we'd have the time) in any case, we didn't know anything about this toy before we got it home. It's a souped up VIEW FINDER, but with limited graphics and no way to see more than the included 4 or 5 still shots of fireworks. This grabbed my boy's attention because it looks like a canon, and although the sound effects are repetitive and grating, he finds them satisfying for play. But if you're looking for toy that shows realistic fireworks, this isn't it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously Lame, December 21, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
Several pale photographs to show on a wall, and a recorded firework sound that is mushy and weak. Sent it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucks...., January 2, 2012
Salvatore M. Danisi (Strong Island, New Yawk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show (Toy)
....Bad! Makes the same annoying sound each time...the light, as always in these toy's is weak and barely effective...It's worth about $5 on an entertainment level because it's fun for about 2 minutes. On the good? You'll be able to use the batteries in something else.

Uncle Milton Fireworks Light Show