Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Roly-Poly Playground
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on October 23, 2012
My kids (4.5 and 3) have been picking up roly-polys all summer and I hadn't found a really good way to keep them. This toy is easy for the kids to open and even came with tips for keeping them. We have a release-bugs-at-night-so-they-can-go-back to-their-families rule at our house, but even if they were allowed in the house, bugs aren't getting out of this box.
on June 23, 2012
i've never written a review before but i love this and so does my son. we take it everywhere we go. i often carry bug catching containers in my purse and this is perfect. not to mention its been dropped many times and hasn't broken. we recently left it at the pool and so i'm about to order two more before he notices. one for him and one for the other kids that love to look at this when we are out bug catching!
on April 8, 2012
I got two of these for my younger sisters (5, 8) and they really like them. It was much smaller than they thought it would be-- I can even fit it in my hand-- but it would be scale to a small jungle gym for the pill bugs. They don't seem to be using the slides very much, but they have curiously explored the upper levels before.
8: "It's cool, but I didn't know it would be so tiny." 5: "It's cool, and tiny! It can't really hold four roly-polies, though...."
As for education, I think it's a great learning experience for them, watching the pill bugs explore, watching their habits. The girls haven't noticed they've learned anything (8: "Erm... No." 5: "Well, I learned that, um, ehm... No, I haven't learned anything.") but I think they are gradually learning, but just don't know it.
It's durable as far as I know, it hasn't broken yet. I don't think it will, sitting there all the time. You won't have to worry about it breaking.
In conclusion, I've found that they take up a considerable amount of time watching the pill bugs in this habitat and sometimes putting more in. At that, I'm really glad, as they're willingly learning about animals (bugs, whatever.)Seven dollars is worth this cool toy. My only complaint is that it doesn't come with the straw to fill the water reservoir.
on September 23, 2012
There are a lot of comments about this beeing a small toy. I agree, but that's what I was looking for. Sometimes smaller toys are more fun for kids. This appears to be just what I expected - a tiny playground for small bugs. I believe it's adequately constructed for what it's designed to do. It has some small ramps and "hiding" places for a few "Roly Poly Bugs". It's going to be a present for my grandaughter and I believe it's going to be a good one. She's not going to play with it every day, but that's not what it's designed to do. It's not a zoo for the bugs, so they won't survive long in here; but again that's not it's purpose. It's a playground and it looks like a fun one.
on April 22, 2016
This is so perfect for my two year old. We've put ladybugs, worms, caterpillars, ants, anything that crawls in here (haven't found any roly poly potato bugs yet, though we've really been searching!). It's perfect for him to hold and look at and then it opens easily to set them free. Highly recommend for anyone with a curious toddler.
on April 2, 2013
I have 3 kids, ranging 4-8. My 5 year old has recently taken up an obsession to bring his roly poly friends into the house. I purchased a playground for each of my 3 children and they have had a blast with them. Now the Roly Poly's have their 'house' which stays out of ours. Genius!
on February 21, 2015
A cute playground for roly poly bugs. Good for young kids, but they will lose interest in in quickly due to the very small size (fits in palm of hand) and the roly poly bugs do not actually have any interest in rolling down the slides. Also, be sure to remind your child to release the bugs after playing, or you will have a toy filled with smelly dead bugs in a couple of days. Makes a nice gift for any bug-enthusiastic kid, would make a great companion piece to larger bug playground or exploration sets.
on September 6, 2015
This is a great little playground for bugs. I'm sure it's already saved many a roly poly from being squished by a toddler. Not sure why so many complained about the small size. Roly polys are small bugs - why would you need a big container? Besides, it's a perfect size for little hands.
review image review image
on February 20, 2013
My 8 year old loves "collecting" bugs and this little playground is perfect for roly-polys. It has mini "slides" and other tiny playground equipment that makes viewing the bugs a special treat. The lid opens up on a hinge.
on November 30, 2013
This is the perfect little holder for my daughter and her love of roly poly bugs! She also uses it for her ladybugs and boxelder bugs. It's a little tough to open but that's nice, lots of times the bugs make their way into the house in the container! I usually have to help the younger kids (3 and under) but at age 5 my daughter can open it but it is a challenge. It has seen its fair share of falls on the concrete and down the stairs and has yet to break. Durable!