4.0 out of 5 stars Zombies, Snow and Blood- Oh My!, June 13, 2011
This review is from: Undead of Winter (Kindle Edition)
Undead of Winter contains nine horrifying tales of Zombies and frigid conditions. I was very interested in the book because Sean and I often discuss what would happen to zombies in the winter time? Would it slow them down? Nine authors attempt to answer that question...

Armand Rosamilia not only edited and published the book, he also wrote the first story, Undead of Winter. The story centers around a character, Darlene Bobich, that he's written about in other stories. Darlene is one tough chick, but then you have to be when you're kicking Zombie butts! The thing is- even tough girls have a soft spot. That soft spot can get you into trouble. Armand's story is a great read. I'm going to have to look up the other stories and see what else Darlene has been up to.

The other stories are written by Brent Abell, Suzanne Robb, Jonah Buck, R.S. Pyne, Tim Lieder, Blaze McRob, Lisa McCourt Hollar and Carole Gill. As with any anthology, some of the stories are better than others. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Second Wave by Lisa McCourt Hollar. The story is well written, action packed and the idea is completely original. It was unlike any zombie story I've ever read. But on the whole, Undead of Winter delivers. Each of the stories differs enough to keep you interested and to not make you feel as if you're reading the same thing over and over. Each author has their own unique approach to the material.

I would recommend the book to anyone who loves Zombie fiction, anthologies or short stories. The really awesome thing about anthologies like this one is that you get to taste several new authors at once, almost like a box of chocolates. If you find one you like, you can look up their other work, check out their blogs and generally support their efforts in any way you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!!!!, July 19, 2013
This review is from: Undead of Winter (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book for my Kindle to read over a long camping weekend. The only problem, was that it didn't last me through the first day. I couldn't put it down. The stories are great, and captured my imagination quickly. If I had to pick my favorite story, I would have to choose "A Winters Feast" by Brent Abell. It is about an elderly man hiding out in his cabin, who lets some strangers in for shelter. I thought I knew where it was going by the first few pages, but I was wrong. This story is very well written, and the ending totally took me by surprise. Well done Mr. Abell, well done!

Undead of Winter