5.0 out of 5 stars Bit pricey, but VERY nice

3.0 out of 5 stars Charged Cotton
Published on August 15, 2011 by TanH

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit pricey, but VERY nice, May 1, 2011
This review is from: Under Armour Charged Cotton Short Sleeve - Mens (Misc.)
It would be easy to mark this down to a 4 star based merely on the fact that you're paying $25 for ONE cotton t-shirt...but I can't. It's a fantastic shirt and I bought three of them the other day, one in red, one white, and one in dark grey ("carbon heather"). They are incredibly soft and fit really well. I typically buy mediums but interestingly enough these fit in small. One thing I really like is that they are nice and long, so when I'm doing certain exercises I'm not worried about whether or not my shirt is showing my stomach (a temporary concern if I'd just get it completely worked off, hah!). The shirts feel thinner the colors are typically pretty vibrant (like red). I'm excited to see how they perform during summer running and sports in the hot weather.

3.0 out of 5 stars Charged Cotton, August 15, 2011
TanH (Diamond Bar, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Under Armour Charged Cotton Short Sleeve - Mens (Misc.)
I have to admit that this shirt is soft and does dry pretty fast for cotton. However, it will not keep you cool. The shirt is not breathable at all and will trap your body heat, making you sweat even more. My glasses actually fog up after I pull this shirt over my head after a workout to take it off. With its extremely loose fit it is more suitable for wearing at home on a cold winter night than working out in the heat. If you are looking for a shirt that will keep you both dry and cool this is not for you. Go with the original under armour shirts made of polyester, those are much better. Under Armour should have made this into a cotton towel instead of a shirt.

Update:
I'm looking at the under armour catalog I got in the mail today. It looks like they changed the description of the charged cotton shirts to only have "moisture transport" and "4-way stretch". Seems like they realized it doesn't keep you cool so they don't describe it as "heat gear" anymore.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sponge, October 5, 2013
All these charged cotton shirts act like a sponge to me. I sweat quite a bit, and this shirt soaks it up. Of course this makes me feel really heavy when im running on the treadmill. The UA Heat gear loose shirts are so much better for a workout shirt for those who sweat like me. These shirts do feel comfortable and soft, and would be fine for people who dont sweat or will not be wearing these in the gym. But they are definitely not for me in the gym sweating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cut is way too tight..., June 24, 2013
This review is from: Under Armour Charged Cotton Short Sleeve - Mens (Misc.)
The cut of this shirt is way to tight. I have several other smaller sizes of other UA t-shirts (XXL) that are looser then this one. I bought this one in a larger size (3XL) hoping it would be comfortable as a sleep shirt, but it is not. This shirt is tight, clingy, and binds, not at all what I expected since I do own many other UA shirts.

5.0 out of 5 stars T-Shirt, September 1, 2013
Sherrie (Lynn, MA, United States) - See all my reviews
Wears well and looks Great!
Has washed well and retains its fit and color.
Very pleased that I purchased this T-shirt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shirts, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Under Armour Charged Cotton Short Sleeve - Mens (Misc.)
I have 5 of these shirts. The oldest one is 6 years old! I've beaten the crap out of it and it keeps kicking. Only word of advice if you buy these... hang dry them. They won't retain odours and they'll last much longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cotton T-shirt ever, May 18, 2011
If your are looking for something comfortable, original and that dries faster when you go to the gym this is the shirt that you have been looking for, I like it a lot. I already ordered four and hoping to order more in the near future. It is really loose and after you wash it wont shrink.

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart, November 13, 2012
i bought several of these from amazon, they stitching was fell out after on month the ones i bout from the Mall are still going strong after 7months

5.0 out of 5 stars great shirts, just wash correctly., August 24, 2014
great shirts, dry fast, cotton feel. Make sure you wash on cold/gentle and tumble dry, just like all under armor, otherwise it will start stretching and sagging. Dries much faster than plain cotton, very comfortable vibrant color.

Over all I would highly recommend this item, just make sure to wash on cold/gentle and to dry on low or air dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, January 1, 2014
thinner than the older models. mild stretch, soft, comfortable. best shirt i own for sleeping and hanging around home, worth the price

Under Armour Charged Cotton Short Sleeve - Mens