Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Under Armour Men's Sonic Compression Long Sleeve HeatGear
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 12, 2014
for those of you who don't know much about under armour and compression clothing i need to clear up some misconceptions within the reviews.

1. this brand HEATGEAR is made to keep you cool during hot weather so it will be ineffective during cold weather the under armour brand you need for that is called COLDGEAR

2. if it feels tight then you ordered the right size it's supposed to conform to your shape the only place it is usually loose on most people is the forearm the rest of the shirt should fit "snuggly" not so much that it cuts circulation but just enough that it improves circulation.

3. no compression shirt helps you become faster at the most it will help you be more efficient in a work out or keep you cool/warm (depending on branding) and dry through the day or workout.

that said i enjoy these types of shirts very much they keep me cool/warm and dry throughout my day. under armour is, in my opinion, the best compression shirt manufacturer.
77 comments|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2014
Okay, I bought this because I wanted a comfortable way to cover my ink while at work. The sleeves were getting old and I didn't like them. So I bought this shirt.

I love it. It is comfortable and breathable.

Only one thing tho.. When I wear this shirt I look NOTHING like the dudes in the pictures. I was disappointed.

Other than that is is great.
1010 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2014
I wear these shirts for work. I work outside in the SoCal area.

They do work amazingly well to cool you off. I wear a long sleeve uniform, even when it's warm or hot. It does keep you cooler.

SIZING: I have a Medium and a Large. I'm 5-11, 175-180, average with slightly longer arms. The Large fits BETTER. Yes, sleeves are a bit long (from another post), meaning they slightly bunch, but the overall length of the shirt is far better. The sleeve give you more movement without the wrist part climbing up your arm. The length on the Medium barely gets below my waist. The Large has an extra 2 inches or so in length.

On me, the Medium is definite tight. The Large is tight too, but more of a perfect fit.

Hope this helps those working on sizing issues. It is hard to figure out...
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
I think the biggest problem with these shirts from what I see is people have issues figuring out what size to order. I'm a 42R in a Jacket, so I went with the Large shirt. It actually fits pretty well all round, but I think I should probably have gone with the medium. The sleeves are a bit long on me.
on September 30, 2014
This compression style shirt keeps the muscles warm, but the skin cool. Moisture wicks away and allows a comfortable wear. These are perfect for wear during those hot early-season football games.

We went to Sports Authority to get one of these for our grandson; he wears it for football and loves it. He's a heavy sweater so the odor-canceling technology is helpful too. We highly recommend this Under Armour long sleeve compression shirt!
review image
on November 24, 2014
came quicker than expected. saw the size issues everyone was having, so i ordered according to customer reviews of actual size. im 5'11, 180. i got a medium. wanted this to wear on my 5am runs cuz its cold now. i was expecting a very snug fit, which of course a compression shirt should be very snug, but this may actually cut circulation. im going to TRY IT on my morning run tommarrow. i think im going to have to return for a large though. other than that im happy with the product. great quality. great price. i would order again. came very quick, earlier than the estimate given. gave 4 stars only because of the size issue. other than that it would have been 5.
on June 13, 2016
I'm a security officer, required to wear white uniforms, in the deep south, and I have tattoos all the way down my left arm. In short, my options were to keep wearing my long sleeve uniforms through the summer as I did the last four years, or find a decent undershirt that covers my tats so I could wear the cooler short sleeve uniforms. Well, that's what this is, decent, not great.

The good: It fits well and has tons of length. I have arms like an orangutan, and this thing covers them and then some. I could put thumb holes in this shirt if I really wanted to, though it is just a tad more loose at the wrists than I would prefer. The "compression" is not too much or too little, but just where I like it, and this shirt definitely doesn't stay wet, sweat, rain, or whatever. And of course, finally it is temperature-wise a much better choice than a cotton undershirt. We'll get into more detail about that in the next section, though.

The bad: Why the hell does UA have to slap their name over every available surface they can find?!? It took me forever to find a shirt (and yes I searched other brands) that wouldn't show brand names under my d@#n uniform, and even this one's little logo at the neck is visible sometimes. I'm not wearing this as a fashion statement. What I need is a plain white UNDER-shirt that won't overheat me while I'm out there in the Georgia summer for 8 hours a day. Oh, and the "heat gear technology," nonsense. Every once in a while it kind of sloughs off a little heat, giving you a slight hint of what it was supposed to be designed to do, but mostly it's just gimmick. The shirt is cooler than a cotton undershirt, but I'm pretty sure that actually using it as an undershirt is negating the effects of the "heat-tech." Their claims that it "will keep you cooler than bare skin," flat out lies. Oh, and hope you don't sweat too much at work. This thing''s moisture wicking works very well, so we'll that it will take all of your sweat and move it to its surface where it will dry and stink. Wash it thoroughly when your done. Don't get me wrong, you'll somehow still be left sticky and gross, but so will the shirt. Maybe that should have added some anti-microbial tech to it.

Final score, 3 stars. I did buy two more, but that's saying more about the lack of alternatives than the quality of the shirt. It's long enough and cool enough, but the heat-tech doesn't do much and UA needs to be thoroughly scolded about not making any actual UNDER-shirts.
on August 21, 2014
Great. Shirt. Their sizes are weird. I had to try it on at Academy and found out I was an XL2 and I'm usually an L so that was a little disturbing. It does fit well and I wear it during the summer to play beach volleyball every weekend. It works great to protect me from the sun and I get a little warm but the wicking technology keeps me relatively dry and with a nice breeze I stay pretty cool.
on July 8, 2014
Hard to knock Under Armour, there stuff is made well, looks good and these shirts are no exception. They fit like a second skin so if you wear a large, order a large, the size is right on. (If you are looking for something to tuck in those "love handles" in you may want to try Spanx.) This Under Armour shirt is perfect for layering and actually looks fine on its own (not covered). The shirts come in some great colors as well as long sleeve, short sleeve and no sleeve. whether you participate in sports that involves layering, like skiing, snowboarding, fishing, etc or just live where you need to layer your clothing then you should definitely consider this offering from Under Armour ~ made for men and women they get top ratings..
on August 3, 2014
Loved the color, but the size was not accurate. I wear a medium, but this medium is too tight. Will have to give the shirt to my nephew do to its inaccurate size. Buy a size larger than recommended.....so wished that it would have worked!