Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 29, 2015
I wanted a good shower shoe / slip on for the gym and pool. These are by far one of my most favorite "locker slides" I've even purchased! Here's why:

1. There is NO fabric. I don't care what the manufacturer's say, I have NEVER found a pair of shower shoes that didn't end up smelling like mildew at some point.
2. They feel great. I was weary about getting these at first because I thought they might feel like plastic blocks on my feet. So not the case. They are molded to actually give you arch support which is nice if you wanted to wear them for extended periods of time (like around the pool).
on March 24, 2013
I had an earlier edition (1 or 2 years) ago of this locker slide and the new (current) edition has a stiffer footbed and foot strap but is still very soft and comfortable. The last edition flexed a little too easily - sideways flex - on my foot, so I welcome the improved rigidity of this new edition. Like the last edition, this has the same useful water drain holes as before, so it is ideal for the shower. Also it is all plastic, without the fabric backing on the strap that some other gym slides have. So you don't have to worry about any fabric to dry out or mold up. The plastic is the foamy kind like Crocs, but denser, but not as dense as the heel material on running shoes, and MUCH less dense (and lighter) than the almost solid footbeds found on sandals like Chacos or on my wife's dense and heavy as heck Oka brand slides. These UA's are nice and light in a gym bag, and really compact due to their thinner soles and lower profile (compared to Croc slides/flip flops) as shown in the picture. They will also interleave nicely (slide one over the other, upside down) to save space in your gym bag.

So - drain holes, no water absorbing fabric, light weight, compact, pack nicely, comfortable - what could be wrong?

Well, for some reason these are as slippery as leather soled dress shoes on an icy driveway. I literally found my self sliding on the kitchen floor, and it wasn't even wet. Since these are designed particularly for showers and wet locker rooms, I don't know why this one problem escaped UA's design/quality control department.

I tried running them through our washing machine in hopes any "mold release" (lubricant so the injection molded shoes will pop out of the baking mold) would come off, but they remained just as slippery. Strange, since Crocs don't have this problem, even new, nor do my Adidas or Nike gym slides.

So almost perfect, but watch out for the slipperiness. Maybe some sand paper, or shuffling along the sidewalk, to scuff the soles ....

Order the next size down if you are a half size, based on wearing these barefoot.

Unlike some gym slides from Nike, these will NOT do for [lounging] walking around. They are designed solely to keep athlete's foot away from your feet while changing and showering, not for wear outside the gym. edit 4-14: See comments. Yes they are fine around the house but because they are so thin the "slide" over the footbed can bend - so they are not well suited for a lot of mall walking. You can manage it, but the slide won't keep your foot positioned on the foot bed as well as similar shoes with a stiffer, sturdier top of the foot "slide".
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2015
Somewhat tight on the top foot which makes them not slip too much but also makes the top of your foot sweat.. I have somewhat of a wide foot so these are rather tight. I wore for about 7 hrs (not straight) and the result is in my attached photo..
review image
on September 17, 2013
I wouldn't wear these things around all the time, but in the showers (I'm on deployment) they can't be beat. They run a little large but that may be because I have narrow foot. There is no foam or cloth to trap bacteria or odor. They have awesome traction on the bed for your foot and the sole for standing water. The holes let water drain easily and they are dry before I get back to my room. They seem very durable. I guess the only downfall is that they are not adjustable like most slides. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR DEPLOYMENT!!
on September 24, 2013
I use these shoes after a workout at the gym and the design is great because it allows the moisture to run out and if I put them under a hand dryer the shoes are completely dry in a matter of seconds and ready to go in my duffle bag.

Great value for the price if you are looking for shoes to serve that purpose at the gym. They are not the most comfortable shoes to walk in so I would just keep them in a gym bag
on February 11, 2014
Well I know they are Men's and all, but I LOVED THE COLOR...so I tried to find these in Women's and they have them...So I said OH WELL they are just shower shoes, you could wear them outside as well, no biggie.

I didn't find them to be slippery as others mentioned. They were fine, no slipping, no sliding. They had perfect traction on the gym floor, shower floor and my shiny wood floors at home. No Issues.

I love them!! & Lightweight for gym bag and they dry quickly b/c of the holes in them to let drain through. Buy them and they are only $20
on August 13, 2013
They are very very light and seems to be made in one piece of plastic-foam. They look good enough.
I like the holes in the sole, so it doesn't retain water when you come back from the swimming pool.
However, it's true that the straps are too long, but it's still wearable.
They also seems fragile, but I can't tell yet.
$19.99 is not a bargain, considering the quality and everything I think they should be priced around $10 + shipping.

Edit: while the straps were way too large when I received them, they shrinked A LOT on the sun, and now I can barely put my feet in them...
on June 22, 2015
The slides are made of a nice material and the overall quality is pretty good for the price. I like the fact that holes are in the sole which allows water to run through. My problem is that the fit is somewhat small. I initially purchased my exact size but they were too small so I returned them and purchase one size larger. The one size larger was an exact fit meaning I had no play in the front or back. It just wasn't comfortable wearing the slides because of the size issue. My son will be wearing my same size soon so I'll just keep them for him. Again, the product is good quality but the sizing is off to me.
on March 13, 2016
I have had these for a few years now and while I like them I can only wear them for a few hours as the strap rubs against the mound of my big toe and wears away a lot of skin. Someone else posted a picture, and that is basically the same thing that happens to me. Out of concern that something like this may happen, primarily due to the fact that I have wide feet, I even purchased a pair which are two sizes bigger than I normally wear. While the size was fine, this obviously that wasn't enough to prevent it.

Outside of this fitting issue, these are pretty great. I have used them after showers, at the beach, locker-rooms, etc and they are pretty great for that. Never slipped, they dry quickly, and my feet were dry quickly enough as well. That said, I also used them at housing provided by my employer which had limited storage space for personal items; footwear could not be left out and I had to stuff these into a very full clothing draw . The foot strap is pretty firm and it can make storage inside a full draw difficult. Something to consider if you are going to use this in the same sort of living situation.
on October 2, 2013
I'm a college student and bought these to wear in the shower and around my dorm building. The are very comfortable and are water proof. The only complaint I have is that right shoe's strap is tighter than the left shoe's strap, so they feel a bit different on each foot. Not a big deal, but still... rather they feel the same. Since the straps are plastic, there is no way to adjust them.