5.0 out of 5 stars Had them for two months

2.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing defect
Published 17 months ago by Bobber

5.0 out of 5 stars Had them for two months, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Under Armour Men's UA Speed Freek 7" Boots (Apparel)
AMAZING BOOTS. But they are not cheap, got mine at 145$USD but they are the lightest boots I have ever owned. I have much experience in all types of terrain and these boots seem like they will do well in any situation, put 200 miles on these thus far. However, mountainous terrain (such as Nevada or western Arizona) with sharp rocks would probably damage the boots long term due to the sharpness of the rocks, that is the trade off for the excellent traction on concrete or other paved surfaces. As far as support goes I have been unable to injure my ankles while wearing these boots (properly I might note: the boot should be as tight as possible without excessive discomfort or lack of blood flow to the foot) and until they are EXTREMELY worn down they will not be flexible enough side to side to cause injury. I wish amazon would put weight on shoe sorting options, but for waterproof lightwieghts, these seem to be the lightest if your willing to pay. Warrenty doesn't seem great, just one year on mine, but I doubt it would be possible to destroy these in under 3 years of constant use. I ordered 10.5 and am usually a 10, but trying them at a store would be encouraged due to some sizing issues. Tested and true waterproof, 100% for submerged activity with proper taping at the top of the boot to the leg (shave lower calf first) and excellent toe-box protection. Wish that these were the standard US issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars jimmy c., October 24, 2011
These are the lightest most comfortable boots I have ever owned! Awesome and a great price at Amazon! I have told everyone I know about them. They are GREAT!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn!, February 13, 2012
JShuford (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
A little pricy, but WELL worth the cost!

Once you lace them up, you know you WILL go further than the other guy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Under Armour Men's UA Speed Freek 7" Boots (Apparel)
I work in LE and have always been an Oakley boot man...however, Oakley doesn't make their boots with the same quality as years past, which was very disappointing. I bought the UA speed freak boots to hopefully be a replacement. I will tell you they are great. They are comfortable and have great ankle support. Anyone in patrol, these boots are perfect. They have great grip and are very versitle. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alaska Tough!!!!, October 21, 2013
This review is from: Under Armour Men's UA Speed Freek 7" Boots (Apparel)
I live on an island in South East Alaska, and I have really struggled finding good hunting boots... We are in a rain forest (13 feet or rain per year) surrounded by mountains. No flat ground... and everything is wet, mossy, and extremely slippery... So what better environment for a waterproof hunting boot.

I have been trying and purchasing all of the normal rain/mud hunting boots (Irish Setter, LaCrosse, Muck, boggs...), and the problems have always been the same. Too slippery and no ankle support!!!! In this environment, both are a must.

So I took a chance and started purchasing regular waterproof hunting boots. Most did "fair" for keeping my feet dry, but again their traction on slippery mossy logs and rocks just didn't hold up.

When I purchased these boots, My son and I went on two five mile hikes with full packs. Both hikes up rocky, mossy slippery slopes most mountain goats would shy from. Everything was wet and slippery. Several streams to cross... Upon returning from each hike, I could not believe how dry my feet were and how comfortable the boots are. I actually stepped wrong and by all rights should have sprained my ankle, the boots kept my ankle from rolling (Wow!!).

Pro -
- Great Fit. I went 1/2 size up after reading all of the reviews, and I highly encourage you to do the same.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Extremely lite
- Unsurpassed traction (excellent for climbing, mossy creaks, wet logs...)
- Bone dry!
- Great ankle support
- Great arch support and heal padding
- Excellent quality
- Bargain... You are getting more than you are paying for!

Con
- Only one - they run between 1 to 1/2 size small.

Overall this is the most comfortable, driest and lightest pair of boots I have ever worn. Take it from a guy who served 25 years in the military wearing combat boots every day. I would have paid triple for a pair of combat boots like these.
Happy hunting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boots!, February 18, 2014
Great boots. I will probably buy another pair just like them unless they have one with a zipper. Two rules about this boot: 1.) NEVER use the product made by Rustoleom called, "NEVER WET" on these boots it will "ALWAYS RUIN" them. I did it, so I speak from firsthand knowledge. Don't think Rustoleum will help you either. No response from them. Not even an apology. I buffed the blue coloring off of my black boots for hours. Now the blue is gone but the boots lost all of their sheen. In order to keep them shining I have to paint them ever other week. 2.) Get a half size larger or even 1 size larger than you need. My feet feel tight and I bought the same size I wear in athletic shoes. Did not warrant sending them back as it did not bother me until after a week or so and it's not unbearable just not as comfortable as it could be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to Go, June 13, 2012
These boots are great. I wore them paintballing and they held up great in the mud and rain. I wear them for hunting as well. Highly reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed Freeks, July 3, 2012
These boots are so light and comfortable. I normally wear a size 10.5, I ordered a size 10.5, and guess what? They fit perfectly. I do have kind of a narrow foot, but I've always just bought standard width shoes and boots. These boots really didn't require a break in. I wore them the first day at work, on my feet all day. No problems. Love these!

2.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing defect, September 7, 2013
I normally wear a 10. I ordered a 10 and the sizing is correct, although slightly narrow. The left boot fits nicely. Very comfortable. The right boot has a manufacturing defect. There is a sharp protrusion within the seam of the boot where the bottom inside shoelace loop is attached to the boot. It appears the rivot on the back side of the plastic loop was not properly secured/padded. It is a very definative protrusion that is not present on the left boot. It digs painfully into my ankle. I would have to cut into the inside padding and severely damage the boot to further investigate the problem and attempt to fix it. I will most likely try and find some felt to double over and glue in place to try provide some comfort. I am deployed overseas and it's not possible to return the boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made it through a deployment with these., September 11, 2013
This review is from: Under Armour Men's UA Speed Freek 7" Boots (Apparel)
Best pair of boots, I should say shoes I have EVER owned. Lightweight, sturdy feeling around the ankles. The grip on the bottom of the boots makes you think you can literally climb a wall aide ways. These boots lasted through a whole deployment doing dismounted patrols in Afghanistan and im about to take them through a second. Highly recommend this boot, it's amazing.

Under Armour Men's UA Speed Freek 7" Boots