Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Under the Dome: A Novel
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 21, 2013
I have enjoyed the TV series and look forward to the next season. I was hesitant about reading the book while watching the series but no worries there as the book was quite different. I really enjoyed it!
on July 24, 2013
Here King focuses on the construction of character and the destruction of a town, examining the thematic ideas of power and desperation more so than supernatural themes. And the result is another addictively readable book!!!
on September 21, 2013
I also watched the tv show and of course the book is always better. It is Stephen King so the tv show had to be a much toned down version of the book. It does keep you interested and turning pages way into the night when you should be sleeping!
on March 6, 2014
Listened driving to and from work. 1hour + each way. The book had me hooked after the first few hours. My travel flew by and I couldn't wait to get back in the car. This book is filled with conflict, within a small town and shows the greed of the elected officials.
on August 27, 2013
The book (Kindle?) was, as they, hard to put down. Stephen King is a master of twist, turns and surprises. It's a shame that the book turned into a comic book story for TV. The suspense lasted for a 1000 pages.
on April 2, 2014
As usual Mr. King has written a book that has me looking forward to a free moment where I can read a few pages. Interesting story, although the disorder and power grab progressed quite fast, It's not beyond the real of possibilities of our fellow man!
on May 18, 2013
Over a thousand pages and I would've read 1000 more... a little disappointed at the way the antagonist leaves the story, but I genuinely feel like this book takes the reader deep inside every character and is a modern day good vs evil story...Kudos to the master of story telling Stephen King
on December 6, 2009
I'm not going to get into a synopsis here because it's redundant and unnecessary. To shoot straight to the point, I loved this book. It was a very easy read and, despite its somewhat discouraging size, I swallowed it up in a few days. I am no Stephen King fan and generally read historical non-fiction (horror just isn't my genre at all) but this wasn't a typical King novel and the subject matter was so interesting it held and kept my attention. Get the book! Get it!
on December 12, 2009
The premise was interesting; a couple of early deaths was a nice surprise then it all started to go wrong.

I have been reading Stephen King since the days of Carrie. I used to get his new novel for Christmas and sit up till I fell asleep with the book in hand. I would gorge myself on every chapter he wrote only to feel guilty that I should have chewed my food more and made it last longer because the end of the book always came to soon.

Sadly, the end of this book couldn't come soon enough and frankly it was a huge let down.

I'm sorry SK; maybe it's me who has changed and you are as good as you always were.

If you are wondering if you should buy the book: of course you should because you are not me.
on June 14, 2013
The Dome was an, I can't stop reading this book. I thought the whole story was great until the end. My opinion is the ending was extremely stupid. A very poor ending, actually I will say horrible. I have been reading Stephen King for many many years and will continue. Just wish he would have put a better ending to a good story.