Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Under the Mistletoe: Reindeer & Romance
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 15, 2006
Like the previous installment, "Cool December," the problem with this compilation is the inclusion of modern day artists. While they fit the genre, they just seem out of place; especially with seasoned vets like Dinah Washington, Peggy Lee, Lou Rawls, Nancy Wilson and Rosemary Clooney. It's not to say this collection is not worth owning.

Dinah Washington's "Ole Santa" is one of the most vivid depictions of the the jolly old man. Nancy Wilson's underrated, "That's What I Want For Christmas" is enough to melt your heart even on the coldest of winter nights and Aretha Franklin's, "Kissin By The Mistletoe" is sure to get any Christmas party hoppin'.

On the other hand, Laura Nyro's "Let it Be Me/A Christmas Song" comes completely out of left field and the modern day artists just cannot compare to these timeless artists. The closing track, "Goodbye My Love," by Sarah Vaughn seems to be an odd addition here but it's just too beautiful to even think about omitting it.
on December 28, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas music but this one was a snooze. It doesn't even come close to the Ultra Lounge Christmas series (which I wish they'd make more of!). This one works if you've got several CDs on shuffle but alone it's a snore.
on September 15, 2004
I love Christmas music and own every CD I can. I listen to it all year. I was a little disappointed in this CD. It is different but for this style of Christmas music I like Ultra Lounge Christmas Vol 1 & 2.
on January 1, 2011
I got this for Christmas and have listened to it over and over.
I think selection and singer are great easy listening!
on January 24, 2013
tho this had a couple of gems on it I can't say the entire collection was delightful there are only a couple of things here that I will be playing again -