4.0 out of 5 stars Makes it comfortable to wear skirts
Published on September 3, 2009 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I was very disappointed when I opened up the package; the size was cut way too small. Even though I am a medium, I ordered a size large but this item is actually a size small. It was not worth sending it back so I just gave it away to somebody that could wear it. From the looks of it, I don't even think an XL would even fit somebody that wears a medium.
Published on July 12, 2010 by WPH

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes it comfortable to wear skirts, September 3, 2009
This product is great. You can actually wear skirts or dresses without worrying about the dreaded "inner thigh rub". No more heat rashes...and no more keeping the skirts in the closet if you live in a hot and humid place like Houston! This is light, cottony, and comfortable. Not only this, but you don't have to worry about being completely exposed if your skirt flies up or something. It's a great thing to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best solution ever for rubbing inner thighs under dresses, August 28, 2010
I would never wear dresses or skirts in the summer because my thick thighs would rub and stick together(extremely uncomfortable, not to mention the chaffing that accompanied it). Since I've purchased these Classic Soft Cotton Pettipants Bloomers Culotte Slips I wear dresses and skirts all the time. They are not tight to your body therefore they do not "ride up" as you walk. They are thin like a regular slip so to not create bulkiness. The cotton keeps you cooler than an all polyester/spandex material. My only concern is your dresses or skirts do not lay as smoothly as they would if you had an all polyester/spandex material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and cool, September 14, 2009
I was excited to see this item in cotton. I have many in silk and poly, but they don't breath. Living in Florida it makes a really big differenc in comfort. So I really love my cotton petti slip.

4.0 out of 5 stars WIsh I would have known about these years ago, July 12, 2011
This review is from: Under Moments Women's Cotton 20 Inch Pettipants Pant Slip, Lace Trim (Pack of 2) (Apparel)
I am a 38yo professional female. I am the american "average" size 14. I am tall (5'10") so I wear dresses quite frequently because long pants are difficult to find. I routinely wear Spanx type undergarments, but they are just too hot in the summer. These pettipants are the perfect solution for warmer weather. The 50%cotton/50%poly blend keeps me cool & dry, doesn't stick to clothing or skin, and prevents uncomfortable thigh chaffing.

I have tried other options...100% cotton boxer brief underwear sticks to my dresses and bunches up (even when I use static spray) and nylon split slips don't breathe. God bless these cotton blend pettipants!!!

The only improvements to these would be to add a cotton pantie panel at the crotch and perhaps make them an inch shorter. If you are a 14 like me, order a size large. Hope you love these as much as I do ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT, March 10, 2010
I am buying 6 more. This is unbelievably comfortable, not very clingy, and doesn't bunch or shift under my skirts the way my silk slips do. I have the worst trouble with my thighs rubbing together; so bad I've gotten blisters (and I'm not even that big!) so I definitely recommend it for women who wear skirts every day like I do and can't be bothered with powder. Every gal should have at least one!

5.0 out of 5 stars cotton/poly MIX IS BETTER than just poly or just cotton, April 27, 2013
Jane Doe (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
BENEFITS OF PETTIPANTS: significantly reduce chub-rub, reduce need for the diaper rash ointment to treat chub rub, an added layer of warmth in winter, a more secure feeling. Can be used in lieu of undies (except for that 1 week of the month) or in addition.

For decades pettipants have made skirt wearing feasible. I've vacillated between sizes 18 - 24, always fat all over, but since I hit my 40s, a bit more so at the thigh.

I like JUST POLYESTER pettipants because they are often baggy in the legs, which can have the added benefit of looking slip-like under a semi-see-through-in-the-bright-sunlight type skirts. This eliminates the need to wear pettipants with a traditional slip atop.

I don't like SNIP-A-LENGTH pettipants because those lines of lace add friction/ irritation at the inner thigh: smooth is better.

I don't like STIFF JUST-COTTON pettipants because they don't work well under lighter fabrics.

I am a big fan of these new-to-me COTTON/POLY MIX pettipants and I've ordered several more pair. I'm noticing some differences between these cotton/poly & my old just poly style. When I sit, of course they ride up a little (which is good, 'cuz so does my skirt). If the poly are not baggy, the bottom leg holes cut into my legs: the cotton/poly stretch, so they don't very much. When I get up ... I'm not entirely sure why, but I notice that with the cotton/poly I don't do a from-the-side pull of my skirt (which is a polite way of trying to unstick my pettipants from my body so it can drape freely again, so it can get aired out/ dry out/ hang down lower). There's also something about the way the absorb moisture that's different and better. I'm still figuring that part out, but I've ordered more of the cotton/poly because these 3 benefits are a big improvement.

I've found that I do best with +/- 9" of inseam. Longer is OK for hippie skirts (esp. in winter) but shorter only covers a % of the bulbs-out-on-the-inside part of my mid & upper thigh, which means it promptly rides up, which means I pull it down constantly, which both looks really rude/tacky and has severely decreases the prevent-chub-rub benefit.

I've found that, when in doubt, I order a larger size (since I don't like body-hugging dresses... which indicate Spanx rather than pettipants, anyway) to increase odds of getting baggier legs. All the pettipants I've seen are machine-washable but I hand wash them in my bathroom sink, to increase both longevity & turn-around time.

4.0 out of 5 stars a nice undergarment, May 29, 2010
I love to wear dresses and skirts in summer without pantyhose but just feel like something is missing. Put these on and nothing is missing. They are cotton so they are soft and breathable, and keep legs from rubbing together. They aren't restrictive, aren't tight at the waist and unless you have a really tight dress on, you cannot tell they are on. The only negative for me is the length. I am only 5' 5, with short legs, so they come to my knee. Some of my dresses are about the same length so the "slip" sticks out a little when i sit. No big deal, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, September 13, 2012
I initially ordered my girlfriend three pairs of these to wear under her skirts in the summer. She loved them so much I ordered her three more pair which we plan to dye her favorite shade of blue. They are very soft cotton, the elastic isn't tight or binding and the lace on the hem is just the perfect touch. I love when she rides her bike and the breeze blows her skirt and I get a sexy peek at her knickers. Call me old fashioned, but it makes my heart flutter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chub Rub, No More!, June 12, 2010
Finally, I've found a solution for the offensive and uncomfortable thigh rub while wearing summer dresses! These are perfect, comfortable, lightweight, breathable and easy to wear. I've worn them on the HOTTEST of days with ease. I'm not worried about it showing a little on the bottom as it's lace and wears just like a slip. I find that the black wear a little more stiffly / snuggly than the nude. No more tight, unbreathable "shaper" shorts underneath summer dresses. I highly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, April 27, 2012
I walk a large amount (75+ miles a month), and I'm plump, so I usually have had to wear pants even in the summer to avoid the dreaded "chub rub" chafing that occurs from perspiration when you walk long distances. I'm a skirt girl, though, and hate pants, especially in the summer. So, when I came across these pettipants, I ordered a pair right away, and BAM! these are perfect for walking around in warm weather. If I wear these, I can walk for miles in all my skirts, yay!! And they are cotton, so they don't add too much warmth. So now I am buying more pairs.