- Series: University Press of America
- Paperback: 308 pages
- Publisher: Regnery Pub (November 1989)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0895268906
- ISBN-13: 978-0895268907
- Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 5.8 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #929,688 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
From Under the Rubble (University Press of America) Paperback – November, 1989
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
A particularly interesting essay is Igor Shafarevich's "Socialism in Our Past and Future" - an essay which makes the case that totalitarian collectivism, e.g. socialism, has been found in large societies (e.g. Mayans, Incas, Ur, ancient Egyptians) throughout world history and is thus independent of geography in time. In other words, totalitarian collectivism is essentially mankind's "default" condition.
As other reviewers have stated, the book should be required reading for anyone who wants to have a true understanding of international relations today, as well as the gross injustices of socialism across the globe.