Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on May 22, 2009
Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage

This book is just what the doctor ordered--and a lot more fun than taking medicine. After a few years of marriage, let's face it. Sexual intimacy can get, well, boring. But no more. My husband and I just read Turn Up the Heat, and that's exactly what it's done for us. My husband has always been the "adventuresome" one, and I've always been reticent to try anything new. I grew up in a home where I was taught to be modest so taking any risks in the bedroom has been hard for me. But this book answered lots of questions I had that I didn't dare ask anyone else--even my husband. Dr. Leman made me appreciate who I am--and encouraged me to be the woman I want to be, free of embarrassment. If you're like me, and you want straight talk about marital sex, what your spouse wants, how often you should "do it," some creative suggestions for what to do when you're "too pooped to whoop," and some guilt-free advice that will help you see yourself (yup, love handles and all) and your spouse in a whole new light, this is the book for you. No more boring in our bedroom now, that's for sure! And I'm REALLY liking it.
on June 10, 2009
After reading Have A New Kid by Friday Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior & Character in 5 Days and seeing how much the relationship between me and my daughter became better, I decided to check out other books by Dr. Leman and I stumbled across his Turn Up the Heat in hopes that I could improve aspects of my marriage as well as I have with my daughter. WOW!!! What a tremendous difference in our sex life. Quite frankly, I didn't think it could improve that much and my husband? I think he's going to become a "Leman groupie"! I never thought I'd see the day that my husband would read a book about relationships!! I asked him why he'd read this one, and he said that he liked the candor and guilt-free style and encouraging advice that Dr. Leman has. This book handles intimate topics with Dr. Leman's same degree of readability and humor as his other books. It is an easy read and yet full of impacting advice. I would highly recommend this book. My husband and I are a path that I didn't think was possible and we thank Dr. Leman for helping us get there. We're going to check out his Sheet Music next!!
VINE VOICEon March 12, 2009
Turn Up the Heat: A Couples Guide to Sexual Intimacy

Kevin Leman has another winner here. I have not read his book Sheet Music, which is also about married sex, but Turn Up The Heat is great. He answers questions in a non-threatening manner, so if you buy this you can have a great talk about sex, and then turn up the heat. Kevin Leman talks and writes in a very matter-of-fact manner that makes the reader comfortable about the subject, whether it's sex, birth order, intimacy, conflict, raising children, etc.

People who read his books usually comment about laughing or chuckling because he can make very taboo or uncomfortable topics SIMPLE and EASY to discuss and to put into action.

He is a Christian, but this book is not to convert people to Christianity.

I highly recommend this book. If you were raised to believe that "we don't talk about those things...sex, money, death", this book is definitely for you. In fact, it's worth getting the one day shipping!

Keep the lights on--you're gonna love this book!
on February 12, 2015
This book is one sided and I let me tell you why I can't stand books like this: because the 25% of marriages where a woman wants intercourse more than her man is hardly addressed and it's written specifically for the other 75%.
on November 5, 2014
I like Sheet Music better than this book because this one is more in depth. This has lots of Questions and Answers sent into the doctor from people and since I already read Sheet Music first I was a little board with this book. I guess a lot of the Questions just did not pertain to my marriage so that is why I gave this a lower rating than Sheet Music.
on February 9, 2012
I highly recommend this book for any couple that is looking to improve their intimacy! My husband and I have been married for 10 years. After having 3 kids, I just didn't view sex in the same way I did before kids. This book has completely changed my thinking!!! I now see just how important sex is in a marriage and after following his advice, I have experienced just how much better it can be!!! Dr. Leman shifts the focus from how to be a good lover, to how to communicate so everybody's needs are met. It is very funny and upfront! I look forward to having my husband read it as well. I am still amazed by how well Dr. Leman understands a female's perspective. He also tuned me into understanding what my husband is thinking! I can't say enough good about this book!
on July 2, 2009
If you are looking to re-ignite your love life, this is the book for you! Definitely a great book for a man to read. Leman shoots it to us straight. It sure taught me a thing or two. Like most men, I didn't think this book would teach me anything, but it made a big difference in our relationship.
on December 5, 2013
Gives an honest view on the importance of the sexual relationship between a husband and wife in a biblical perspective...very relative and realistic - good read for both husbands and wives. I will get this book as a wedding gift when they get married.
on January 7, 2016
This is formatted in a question/answer concept. I didn't realize that when I bought it here on Amazon. It was a good book though. Dr. Leman's books all are good. This is a good book to recommend for younger couples or newlyweds or give as a wedding gift. :)
on August 5, 2014
This book is okay. It is trying to appeal to a large demographic of married couples in various stages of life with a multitude of issues. These issues range from casual to serious. They are arranged in a question-answer format. I did not really find the book practical for my husband and I. We were looking for some fun ideas from an author we knew wouldn't suggest things we found morally objectionable. However, this felt more like an self-help book for couples having problems (and didn't want to talk to someone about them). There were a few suggestions thrown in but nothing that really made the book purchase worth it for us. I would recommend this to couples who are having some issues (and who preferred to read/discuss rather than speak to someone). Additionally, while he had a few of his wife's comments in the book, I think she should have addressed some of the questions to offer a female perspective.