5.0 out of 5 stars Under The Eagle's Beak, November 7, 2006
This review is from: Under The Eagle's Beak: The Search for the Treasure of Pirate's Pit (Paperback)
I highly recommend "Under The Eagle's Beak" for children of all ages. It is so well written that it draws you in from the first page. This book has every aspect of interest: adventure, pirates, treasure and time travel. It's a wonderful book that will stir the imaginations of pre-schoolers as well as young readers .

5.0 out of 5 stars delightfully magical!!!!!!, December 17, 2006
a truly adorable and intriguing work of art, with a bevy of wonderful archetypes and themes that makes reading worthwhile...a must for any child or adult alike!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pirate Adventure Story, November 23, 2006
J. Antunes (Toms River, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
If you like Pirate adventure stories, this is right up there with the best of them!! I bought this for my kids to give for the holidays, and started reading it and could not put it down. I loved it. Should be made into a movie one day. Good job author.

5.0 out of 5 stars We hope to see a sequel!, January 8, 2008
This story is pretty much as described in the publishers review. It has a great quick pace, good dialogue and adventure. Your reader won't want to wait until tomorrow to finish it. It is loosely based on some historical events surrounding real pirates. I got this for an 11 year old boy who also liked the Secrets of Droon series, Harry Potter, National Treasure, etc. We would love to see the boys in another adventure. What a great find!

It comes from a print on demand publisher. The first copy I ordered I had to send back as the pages started coming out after leafing through it. I returned it and I think I got the replacement--a long lasting reprint I might add--before Amazon must have gotten the return. Great book. Fantastic customer service!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book... But can't we reserve 5 stars for elite, September 25, 2012
People feel compelled to give a book 5 stars. This is a very good book. I give 5 stars to elite books. Of course this is an entertaining read. It is not Jack London's "Call of the Wild" which is a 5 star book.

My son's world is Nintendo, on demand TV and IPod touch. I like the world of this book b/c the kids do kid stuff like dig for pirate treasure and take out a small boat the ocean with skills they pick up one of the kid's dad. The story takes place on island without your In and Out, Star Bucks, etc...

The time travel is interesting (kid-level sci fi) and the pirates are the same (kid-level sci fi). I like that they met there great, great, great, greats... I did like the 1930's serial's style cliff hangers to the chapters.

Give it a read. Get your kid to give it a read...

I know everyone wants the feel good of 5 stays but Lieb Gott, have you ever read "All Creatures Great and Small." by James Herriot or "The Hunger Games."

Under The Eagle's Beak: The Search for the Treasure of Pirate's Pit
Under The Eagle's Beak: The Search for the Treasure of Pirate's Pit by John Girone (Paperback - November 2, 2006)
$8.99 $8.09
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.