Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 21, 2013
I can't say I was surprised to hear that this album was only going to sell between 35k & 40k in the first week. (To put it into perspective, Eminem did almost 800,000 in his first week). With bad singles, and terrible promotion, there was almost no hype around this album whatsoever. Though I was in the same boat as pretty much everyone else thinking this album would be a dud, I decided to give it a shot anyways. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't super impressed ether.
I've been a big fan of B.o.B. ever since The Adventures of Bobby Ray. In fact, Bet I, Airplanes Part 2, Arena, and Play The Guitar are all in my top 25 most listened to songs on iTunes (Arena being #1). But as the singles slowly started to pour in, I wasn't in the least bit impressed. We still in this B**** was the first single from the album, which was also from his mixtape "F*** Em, We Ball", and even in the mixtape, I wasn't impressed with it. The Mike Will Made It beat was downright awful as B.o.B single-handedly carries the song to what it is now. T.I. and Juicy J are okay, but the production was sub-par to say the least.
Headband was the lead single from the album, and I see why it was released as a single, as it had more radio potential than a lot of other songs on the album, but again, the song was underwhelming to say the least. The worst parts about the song is the fact that this is a DJ Mustard beat, that is where rappers go to die in the depths of mediocrity, and it only furthers the stereotype that all rap music is about money, drugs, and women. The 2 Chainz feature was exactly what you would think it would be as Mr. Chainz does the exact same thing as he does on every song he's ever been on. Ready was the third single from the album. It was miles better than We Still In This, and Headband, but the song was way too big for B.o.B It sounds like the type of song that Rick Ross or Meek Mill would have been all over. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's too far out of B.o.B's league, and the Future Feature was the second worst feature of the album (Right next to Esther Dean in Wide Open). No song will wander into great territory with Future in it.
All I Want and John Doe were the next singles off of the album. All I want was the opening track from the album, which was awful. Without a doubt one of the worst songs on the album. Between the awful lyrics and the boring and lazy sounding beat, nothing really good came out of the song. John Doe is undoubtedly one of the best songs on the album. The Pricilla feature starts out somewhat campy with her verse at the beginning, but she absolutely kills the hook bringing it into chart-topper range. B.o.B really just sat back, did his thing and it worked out incredibly well making a very memorable song for all B.o.B fans to enjoy.
Other notable songs include the Chris Brown-assisted Throwback, which is somewhat hit and miss. The Brown feature was disappointing knowing that he raps more than sings unlike his incredible feature in Arena from Strange Clouds. Though it's an alright song overall. Paper Route was arguably the best song on the album with a simplistic but catchy beat that speeds up to B.o.B throwing out a crazy catchy hook that turns out to be one of the more memorable moments in the album.
One Day and Nobody Told me slow things down a bit with more meaningful lyrics making for some of the better songs on the album. While Coastline and Fly Mother****** could have fit in as good filler tracks for The Adventures of Bobby Ray as they follow the same formula as most songs on that album.
Overall, Underground Luxury is an alright album, but it doesn't manage to impress by any means. It's B.o.B's weakest album to date, but even then it does manage to entertain to an extent.

FINAL SCORE: 6/10

Must Have Songs:
Paper Route
John Doe
One Day
Nobody Told Me
Ready
on December 25, 2013
i must say this is way different from what i expected from b.o.b. he went HAM!!! on this whole album. people think that b.o.b is a pop artist and i believe thats why he made a hardcore album as this to show every hater that he's not a softcore artist. i'm noticing alot of reviewers not liking the album to well i feel they misunderstood the approach. i like the album alot it shows a more aggressive approach from him. it has a couple of tracks that take you back down memory lane to his rapping style of his first album. i'd definitely recommend this to any first time listener of b.o.b give the album a chance! it's pretty dope!!
on April 25, 2014
Being a fan of his last two albums, I purchased this album without previewing and was very let down. Granted there are a couple of really good songs on this album, but the majority of the album is something that I never care to hear again. The lyrics are all about money, sex, and drugs; there is no depth in the majority of the songs and even the musicality fell a little flat compared to what I have come to expect from this artist. I was even so offended by some of the songs that I turned them off halfway through.

Considering my respect for his previous two albums, I kept trying to look for deeper meaning in the music, but it was just too disjointed for me to be able to come up with anything. This purchase has scared me enough that in the future I will research anything he releases prior to obtaining it. I feel a little ripped off. I would advise doing some research prior to purchasing.
on December 18, 2013
I must admit to not actually loving Bobby's past two studio albums, and yet I've happily bought both of them as well as this one without even listening to a single track. Sound pretty dumb come to think of it--but it's my way of supporting/saying thank you for his numerous mixtapes which he releases for free and are just as high production quality as his studio albums with the added benefit of stronger music as well. And to be honest, I feel about the same about this album as the past two studio ventures--decent yet not that exciting and certainly not as powerful as some of his mixtapes.

I really do hate to be that person who goes on about the mixtapes and disses the studio albums, and yet I've always felt the more experimental and real side of Bobby is lacking on his studio efforts. That's not to say this album is bad though. Bobby writes catchy rap music that relies on his wide range of experience with rock and pop to create very current and unique music. He can rap, sing, write, play multiple instruments and is simply much more a musician and artist than almost all other mainstream rappers.

Bobby has always been able to pick collaborators that compliment him well, and this album is no exception. The always welcome Ester Dean appears on "Wide Open", but it's the addition of another favorite of mine, Priscilla Renea, on "John Doe" that is really standout. Priscilla is a great match up for Bobby as she also is another very talented musician who dabbles in hip hop and R&B from time to time, yet can sing over anything from rock to adult contemporary pop. "Cranberry Moonwalk" with Mike Fresh is also another great collaboration.

"One Day" has a short interview clip at the end regarding Bobby's childhood, and his positive attitude on his rough upbringing is really admirable. My favorite song though is probably still "We in This..." which he actually released on an old 2012 mixtape so it's not exactly new for me. That song though should indicate the general direction of many of the songs here though. This album is much more "gangsta rap" heavy than his previous ones.

Still, I'm glad I can support Bobby and several songs (mainly his collaborations) will definitely make it into my "work commute" playlist. I would check out the singles to see what appeals. For fans of Chiddy Bang, Tinie Tempah, Labrinth and Wale.
on May 13, 2014
I have liked B.O.B. for a few years and this album is his best by far in my opinion. Its one of those that you can just put on and let play the whole way through. I love that B.O.B. never has to be a Gangsta to be respected. He always tells you a story with his songs when you listen. A must have for any Hip Hop Fan.
on December 20, 2013
B.o.B's third album, Underground Luxury has a whole different sound than his previous albums (B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, Strange Clouds ). The opener "All I Want" has B.o.B displaying his the current mind state that's hes in (I ain't gon front/ I ain't gon lie/ I'd rather have a M/ Than an empty pocket/ If hundreds ain't in them/ Them jeans ain't mine). "Paper Route" is raw and unapologetic, B.o.B goes against the grain, rapping about politics and other social issues. "One Day", is a motivational joint about him getting the things he dreamed about when he was younger.

Underground Luxury isn't all seriousness though, B.o.B gets turnt up with some assistance from Future on "Ready". I can definitely see it being a single. "Headband" featuring 2 Chainz and "We Still In This B" featuring T.I. & Juicy J have been out for a while, but they still work in the clubs. And "Throwback" featuring Chris Brown will satisfy casual fans. After the partying, the album gets back to the introspective songs like "Nobody Told Me" and "John Doe" featuring Priscilla. "Coastline" is another song to check for. The low points were easily "Wide Open" (featuring Ester Dean) and "Cranberry Moonwalk" (featuring Mike Fresh). But all in all, Underground Luxury is a enjoyable album,
on March 27, 2014
B.o.B. has done it again, another incredible album, if you love Strange Clouds you will love this one too. His rap is an art form and his lyrics flow, he is insanely talented and i.m.o. one of the top rappers out there now.
on December 23, 2013
I grew up a fan of outcast and love an artist who can deliver lyrically with a versatile style. B.O.B. is refreshing in today's hip hop when so many artists only rap about smoking weed, shooting guns,and selling dope.
on February 24, 2014
I was reluctant to purchase this album as I thought most of B.O.B's music was just catchy and had no substance. However I was pleasantly surprised to listen to songs that had messages as well as the club bangers that you will hear on the radio. After listening to the record several times I am a bit mad at myse4lf that it took me so long to purchase. B.O.B has a real story to tell and he does a good job of doing that through his music, but when push comes to shove... this album is about club tracks that put you in a good mood. This is a very good album and I would encourage hip-hop lovers to purchase.
on January 3, 2014
Don't sleep on B.o.B. He's amazing. his songs are genius. Im far from disappointed with this album. " paper route" is the best song on this album