From the Back Cover
A classic developmental skills text for intermediate to advanced students of English, Understanding and Using English Grammar is a comprehensive reference grammar as well as a stimulating and teachable classroom text.
While keeping the same basic approach and material as in earlier editions, the Third Edition more fully develops communicative and interactive language-learning activities. Some of the new features are:
- Numerous "real communication" opportunities
- More options for interactive work in pairs and groups
- Additional open-ended communicative tasks for both speaking and writing
- Expanded error analysis exercises
- Interesting and lively new exercise material
- Shorter units for easy class use
The program components include the Student Book, Workbook, Chartbook, Teacher's Guide, and Companion Website.
Also available: Understanding and Using English Grammar Interactive (a multimedia CD-ROM).
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.