Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Understanding Nutrition (Available Titles CourseMate)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 30, 2011
I rented this book through Chegg last year for my nutrition class. If I had known ahead of time how helpful this book was going to be, I would've purchased it instead of just renting it. I got an A+ in my nutrition class and it's partly because of this book. I'm a nursing major so I definitely recommend this book for all future nurses. It's also a book that you will want to keep, rather than sell it back to a bookstore because it's great reference material.
on February 16, 2011
This was a required textbook for a Nutrition class. It is very informative but not written in such a way that it's difficult to grasp. The layout of the book is great as well. There are definitions in the margins as well as charts and graphs. NICE BOOK!!
on July 17, 2011
I bought this for a class I was taking but have found it to be a great tool for my life as well. I refer back to it quite often and was even able to buy the digital version and download it to my iPod for constant reference. The digital version takes practically no space on teh iPod but has all the same information, pictures, tables, graphs, and table of contents as the book and is also searchable. I would recommend this book to anyone that is interested in health and diet. This is not a diet book - it is a reference book.
on March 3, 2014
I purchased this book about 15 years ago at a college textbook store for my own interests. With all of the diet books around and doctors selling books about how the body is supposed to work (eat this but only after you eat that, never eat this, carbs are bad, fat is bad), a good nutrition is book really is all you need to swim through the muck and sail into clearer waters. This updated version was less that $20 and worth every penny. Lots of great updated information while still retaining the just-the-facts approach. This book was worn, but not written in and arrived within a week of ordering (regular shipping).
on April 3, 2010
Buyer beware. Purchasing this book through Amazon might save you a few bucks but you aren't purchasing the same version of the book you would get in a university bookstore. The Amazon version does not contain an access code to connect to the supplemental web support referenced multiple times in this textbook. When I called customer support I was told that since Amazon doesn't specifically say the book contains the access code, I shouldn't have expected it to. Thanks, Amazon.
55 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2013
Okay, I was required to buy this for a class, which I'm sure is the same reason anyone else would buy it, but it's actually a pretty useful book. Naturally, we didn't go through every little thing, but there are lots of useful charts and stuff, and there is a lot of information relating to pregnancy and nursing that came in handy for me. If you want to have a super healthy diet, this will definitely help you out.
on July 17, 2013
Very thorough and informative. I read this for my Nutrition class and I learned a LOT!!! Make sure you have at least a basic understanding of Biology & Anatomy and Physiology, or else you might get confused and the class will be a lot harder for you.

However, I loved the book and I made an A in the class.... So it worked out for me!!!

Great book! :]
on April 7, 2012
This is a great book. Very easy to read & informative. I did not buy it for a class. I wanted to learn more about nutrition and found this book to be very helpful. There are different versions of the book. You may have to contact the seller to find out which version you are getting.
on September 17, 2011
This is a great book for school or just to get some insight into the human body and how food affects it. It's easy to read and has a lot of good diagrams. Because of the decent price of this textbook and the content, I would definitely recommend this book.
on August 13, 2011
I ordered the "Updated" version ISBN-13: 978-1133108535. I received ISBN-13: 978-0538734653, the non-updated version. Luckily, it will work for my class...but it is NOT what I ordered, nor what I wanted. Yes, I verified the link and the ISBN numbers to make sure I didn't just make a mistake when ordering my books. This is either a website error...or Seller error.