Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 3, 2004
This is a very powerful book. If you have any questions about prayer or how to have your prayers answered, this is a good book to get.The thing I like most about Myles Monroe is that every thing he teaches is rooted in the Word of God. So far, all of the books I've read from Myles Monroe have been nothing less than highly motivational, educational, easy to understand and the best part is that he forces you to act on what your reading. I really belive God is working through this man.If your reading this review, GET THE BOOK! Trust me.It will be a blessing to you.
on May 17, 2004
If you want to be challenged in your Christian life, read this book. It is not for the faint hearted. This is an in depth study that will make you search your soul before God. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a deeper life with God.
on March 15, 2005
I like books that point you back to the Book. This book should be in the hands of every Christian. There are SO many misconceptions concerning the good and the bad in this world and what God "allows". Every believer needs an understanding, the intricacies of Biblical authority of the believer, of our responsibilities. Psalm 115:16 says, "The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's; But the earth He has given to the children of men." The Will of God does not get done on earth by accident. FOR INSTANCE, it is not His will that any should perish (2 Peter 3:9). But yet many still do every day. God will not and does not force anybody to be born again. For your life to change you first have to surrender your authority over your life to His authority, your will to His Will.

The same is true in every facet of life. We have a God-given responsibility to yield ourselves as conduits to the manifest the plans and purposes of the Kingdom of God on earth. Jesus said, pray this way...."Your Kingdom come, Your Will be done on earth just as it is in Heaven." Prayer truly is "earthly petition for heavenly interference".

I respectfully disagree with "auzzie wannabe". God does not operate outside of His Word. I understand their heart; the word "limit" comes across as a restriction or a vulnerable weakness. And his/her supposition is that this presents a conflict with God's all-powerful nature. But I also think there is an under-estimation of the power of the Word in that thinking. The use of the word "limit" simply means that God has created boundary lines, otherwise known as immutable LAW. For instance, there are things that God has limited Himself to do. He WILL NOT say one thing and then do another. That is a limitation.

God is all-powerful, but it is because of the integrity and oneness of his Word. Who He is, what He does and what He says all agree. God creates by the Word He speaks. Our salvation is TOTALLY wrapped up in the Word. "In the beginning was the Word". Seed, is what Jesus called the Word of God in Mark 4 and in Luke 8. And every creation/new creation begins with Seed. Everything begins with the Word, even a healthy prayer life.

Too many Christians go through life without a clue as to what or how to pray. So many get frustrated not knowing exactly what makes a fervent, powerful and effective prayer life. The principles taught in this book are powerful. They will teach the reader how to have a very effective prayer life. They will move the reader away from self-centered living to a God-centered focus, out of cold religion and into warm relationship with God. Myles Monroe wrote this at a 7th grade level, so it is easy to understand.

I only have one parting thought. These principles simply are not taught in mainstream denominational sects. So those things which you've never heard before, may SEEM way out there. But just because you've may have never heard these things, does not make it untrue. This book is Word based. So take my advice, chew the meat, and if you don't understand something, put it on the shelf for another time.

Be prepared for a life-changing experience.
on July 31, 2004
Thank You so much Dr. Myles Munroe for writing this book. It has helped me understand the power of prayer and how to pray more effectively. I understand more things now like how to use the Name of Jesus, how to manifest real faith through our actions, hindrances to answered prayer and how fasting and prayer are connected. This book, and 'Healing the Sick' by T.L. Osborn, and 'There Is Eternal Life For Animals' by Niki Behrikis Shanahan, have been the most important three books I have ever read next to the Bible itself.
on June 7, 2007
This is the first book you will need to get out of a powerless Christian rut. The churches that are emptying out in the 21st century are due in part to this type of powerless review mentioned by Mr. Ingle and Mr. G. Melton. When it comes to power Mr. G. Melton responds, "Myles goes so far as to call man "little gods". Can you imagine. I was horrified that I would expose my small group to this dribble." This the same response Jesus got when he said the same thing Mr. Monroe stated. All power has been given to Jesus but Jesus is not just a head--He has a body and just like us you can't separate the two. Jesus and the Father are ONE. Jesus and His Body are ONE. If you are in Jesus then He is in you. You are joint heirs.

Myles Munroe is spot on in this writing. Read then do. You can't evaluate this book by reading and judging if it was entertaining or inspirational without taking on the challenge of dominon on this earth. If you do not take dominion you will be dominated by sickness, poverty, lack, and death. Tell your brain to shut up and read and do. Then decide if the results are worth the read.

Mark 11:23-24
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (KJV)

John 14:13
And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. (KJV)

John 15:7
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you. (KJV)

John 16:27
Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be made full. (KJV)

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. (KJV)

We have to thank Mr. Roy Ingle's review for starting out with a review of some other book than what is listed then preaching his doctrine for the rest of the review. Since preaching is an open for this book review I will mention the following to counter. It is miracles, healings and the power of the believer that is the dinner bell to the world's salvation. Jesus and Paul both preached with sign and wonders following and Jesus said we would do more and be at least, like Him. Jesus is our exemplar. Be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. And be therefore imitators of God, as dear children.

And Exodus 14:15 (God) Why are you praying to me to do something? Reach out your staff and part the waters.

I will preach this however, those who have never taken authority can't say you can't take authority. If you do not take dominion you will be dominated. However Mr. Ingle and Mr. G. Melton do make prime representations of Christian religion.

Over time, religion has made a compromise of Christianity. It has, in its core taken the place of what Jesus brought to the world. In short, Jesus re-established a direct relationship between man and God. He did not establish a religion, which is in essence a barrier between man and God. So if we remove religion from the Christian it is clearer to understand what Christianity is. Christian religion by its humanized nature is based on a utilitarian shape called a box. It has walls and a ceiling. You are "boxed-in" with religion because it is based on a penalty system of, "if you don't take Jesus as your Saviour then you are going to Hell." Then when you receive Jesus its about who you aren't, and what you can't do or never be. This is the same precedent the Pharisees acted on. They preached on the Laws of Moses while neglecting the Blessing of Abraham.

Read this:

The Authority of the Believer
on June 5, 2006
I get so bothered by people always being so judgemental and quick to point a finger. We all have the freedom of interpertation and opinion. Im sorry if you feel Dr. Munroe is a false prophet but with God's given grace, I can take all the positive things mentioned in this book and put it in good use for my prayers and personal relationship with God.Instead of being so judgemental and being anxious to find a mistake in his(Dr.Munroe) word so I can critize.

For all of you that don't know,...we are all children of God, but again we are all sinners. All our leaders trying to pass the word of God are not all going to be as perfect as Christ. It is up to us (when it comes to our leaders) to use the positive and delete the negative because we all have the gift of knowing the difference between right and wrong. Remember that....
on October 21, 2015
The teachings in this book was excellent. I really, really enjoyed every page. I gained greater insight into prayer and the final chapter on the call to fast and the correct mindset about fasting made it the dessert after a grand entrée. I would definitely recommend me this book even if you think you know everything about prayer you will gain something from this reading. Enjoy. I plan to read it again.
on January 12, 2016
This book provides the foundation of prayer: God's Purpose. Anyone who really wants to get an understanding of why we pray must understand God's original design and purpose. Dr. Myles Monroe (RIP) hit another home run with this one!
on June 27, 2016
Although I have known most of the principles in this book for years, it wasa good refresher. This book would be very good for new Christians to learn the overwhelming privilege the have to effect the world around them by prayer and fasting.
on August 21, 2004
The first thing that I must say is that I agree in principle with much of what the author has to say. I believe with all my heart that God delegated authority to male and female, and that we committed high treason with our authority in that we gave it over to the enemy. I also believe that the enemy was thwarted by Jesus who redeemed us from the penalty of our treason and then delegated authority to us to take the message of the good news to all nations in preparation for his return, rule and reign.

What I take issue with is the statement that "God has limited himself to his word." I believe that God (and only God) is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. I, therefore, would never attribute the word "limited" to God - not even in a good sense, such as "limited to his word." I believe that God is quintessentially faithful to his word. I would even agree that he has "bound himself to his word." I believe it is wrong, however, to state that God is limited - in ANY way. If God is limited in any way at all, he ceases to be God.

The thing that distinguishes Christianity from every other "religion" in the world today is that Christians worship a God who is both infinite and personal. All the other gods are either finite or impersonal or both. Another word for infinite is "unlimited." The word "limited", therefore, is poorly chosen by Munroe to describe God.

You may think I'm being rather pedantic and wonder, "What does it matter what word he used? The man was simply trying to make a point." Words do matter, because, as Darrow Miller, Executive VP of Food for the Hungry states, "Ideas have consequences." Statements played out to the nth degree can result in gross misconceptions, and where the Bible is concerned, gross doctrinal problems with good folks operating under false conceptions of God potentially doing much harm to themselves and their neighbours.

Further, Jesus in Mark 4:24-25 (Amp.) states, "The measure of thought and study you give to the truth you hear is the measure of virtue and knowledge that comes back to you and more besides will be given..." The corollary is also true. That is, the measure of thought and study you give to a misstated truth is the measure of misconception and fallacy that comes back to you AND more besides..." This is where people can go off into doctrinal La La Land.

Another statement is made applying the 5 principles related to God. The author said that the reason people are not healed is because they don't have enough faith. The problem with that statement is that it pre-supposes that there is only one reason for anyone anywhere anytime to be ill or remain ill. Anyone who really thinks about this would hopefully realise that the reasons for folks becoming and remaining ill are as many and varied as there are people. Any lawyer worth his salt would knock down that kind of statement and reasoning in a nanosecond in a court of law. It simply is poor logic. The speaker's statement is a false conclusion based on a wrong assumption.

Unfortunately, Christians are an incredibly gullible lot, and tend to swallow statements like this whole without thinking about them. Then they go around telling sick people that they just gotta have faith! It seems, at times, that we've learnt nothing from the oldest writings of Scripture, e.g., Job. (A good book on the subject of healing is written by Joy Dawson, "Some of the Ways of God in Healing." - As the title indicates, even she doesn't pretend to know ALL of God's ways in healing.)
1010 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse