Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Understanding Your Angels and Meeting Your Guides
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 4, 2002
Wow.
Simply said, I love John Edward's books, tapes and Understanding Your Angels and Meeting Your Guides is one of my favorites, well so far.
I have always wanted to connect with those who have crossed and with my guides who help me but never quite knew how to go about it. Meditiation has always been a wonderful way to relax but until recently I was unaware how to use my meditation to find answers or guidance. John's tape has taught me how to guide myself through visualization to not only meet my guides but it has also given me the tools to meet with those loved ones who have crossed.
John's voice is calming and relaxing. At first, I would listen to his tapes day after day to meditate, now I am able to guide myself through the visualizations to remain in the meditation as long as needed.
As John explains on the tapes, meeting your guides does not automatically happen and I am here to say that he is not lying you us, patience is key.
Enjoy.
0Comment|153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2001
I really enjoyed both tapes from John Edward. It was nice how he gave the explanation about chakras and the difference between angels and spirit guides. John also has a very calm and relaxing voice, which is important to help you to meditate. What's good is that John has you start out by taking in deep breaths, which I think is important in helping you to relax. In the one meditation, John mentions that you will meet your spirit animal. What's interesting about this is after using the meditation tape a few times, I had a dream one night that a dog was protecting me from something, and right away I got the feeling that this dog was my spirit animal. My only bad comment about this is I wish these meditation exercises were on CD instead of tape.
0Comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2002
I love John. Truly I do. And Tape 1 was good. But there is NO WAY you will meet your guides using Tape 2.
John lulls you into a meditative trance - very similar to hypnosis, if not the same - then "betrays" you when you get there. It's as though he was under the wire, racing to get the tape completed before his time in the studio was up. So you're laying there in your trance, more than happy to cooperate, and there's no possible way you can formulate the images he asks you to because he doesn't give you a chance before he races on to something else. And the thing about being in a hypnotic trance is that you are overly sensitive to things like that. So you can't simply ignore them and move on. You get "stuck" on the fact that you've left an image behind that he asked you to "see".
Another thing that bothered me was that he asks you to breathe deeply counting to six, then doesn't keep track of rhythm of the count himself. So if you count to six in the rhythm he first demonstrates, you totally lose him after the third breath. That's another example of something that gets you "stuck". You're breathing in when he's telling you to breath out.
So I would recommend these tapes with reservations. They're very good for relaxation, but you may find that's all you get out of them.
22 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2000
"Understanding your angels and meeting your guides" is a wonderful audio tape by pyschic medium John Edwards. Edwards leads on a journey to uderstand the spirit guides or "angels" that are all around us and looking after us. It is inspiring, thoughtful, and will make a believer out of you. I highly recommend this tape.
0Comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2001
These tapes are great. John is very informative and direct. Explaining chakras and Angel/Guide differences can be confusing! His personal real life stories added in are fun too! John made it all very clear and it made sense too! I am naturally very hyper and it takes a good voice and an interesting speaker to keep me motivated and relaxed. John did it! Thanks John!
on May 14, 2004
I have to agree with namedujour. John does rush through the breathing and leaves you gasping for air to try to catch up...even after years of being guided along with his meditations I still find myself consciously aware that...I cannot breath like that!
It's also true that at the end of one of the meditations you're left hanging a bit. I would have liked it if he allowed more time to visualize and connect. So I often find myself favouring the chakra meditation over that one.
However, regardless of those two minor flaws in the tapes, they WILL help guide you and open you Spiritually!
John started me years ago on a great Spiritual journey that has and will have life long lasting effects as he taught me to open my awareness and my paradigms.
If you're at the place where you can feel it in your heart, that feeling, that longing for a Spiritual awakening...ready to put aside old school traditions and wake your Spirit up to Spiritual truth then these tapes will definitely help you on that journey of life!
Let John help you become more Spiritually aware as you open up your mind and soul to Universal Truth!
on July 15, 2004
I really have enjoyed John Edward's meditations, especially the one "meeting my spiritual guides". What bothers me is he just talks way too fast and doesn't give you a chance to linger in the meditation. One meets their guide and John Edward instructs to ask several rapid questions such as their name, what I am to learn during this meditation and before he takes a breath and gives a chance to hear the answers we are asked to say good bye. I would of liked it better if he guides us to ask prepared questions on the instructional side of the tape and gives a chance to hear the answer to our question while he stays quiet for a minute. I do like that John Edward speaks in easy to visualize terms.
on October 13, 2000
I will never be considered a occult type person, but I've always felt that we are not alone in this world. These tapes provide a reasonable procedure and help with anyone who would like to raise their awareness of things around them. It might not be for everyone, but for those who do want to try I find that it gave me a method to try.
on February 5, 2002
I have been working with this tape off & on for a few weeks. The 1st side understanding your angels, was very light and enoyable. And while I am not new to meditating I found this to be as helpful, and would recommend this to a beginner. I loved the visualizations he uses! The 2nd tape meeting your guides was a very new experience, as I have never given much thought to my guides. This is alittle more involved than the 1st tape, but very helpful. I have learned more than I could have imagined about my daily helpers; angels & guides both. And with some of what I have experienced during the meeting your guides has become confirmed later during my daily routine. And while I hate to admit, no I do not use it every day, I have been very pleased with my experiences so far with the time I have spent using it.
on September 28, 2005
Even though this tape series is included in John Bigger package of How to develop your own psychic powers.

This tape is a stand alone with wonderful information on angels and guides. The best is the meditation. John has a great voice and can take you on a journey to metting you guides.