Underwater Sunshine is a testament of a band geek-obsessed with music. 'There's a million great songs written every day that you discover, and wish your friends could appreciate as much as you do,' says singer/songwriter Adam Duritz. 'These songs come from bands young and old, stretching from the early 60s to last year. They're all great and will hopefully be heard by a few more people now.'
Produced by Counting Crows and Shawn Dealey, Underwater Sunshine features tracks written by artists such as Big Star, Gram Parsons, Tender Mercies, Kasey Anderson and The Faces. Each rendition offers an entire spectrum of human emotion, delivered with the conviction and intense honesty the band is known for.
As their first independent release, it was the right time for the Crows to make this album. 'If you wonder why we didn t just write our own record, it s simply because we wanted to do THIS one,' says Duritz, We now have the creative freedom to release albums like this and offer our fans more music than ever.'
1. Untitled (Love Song) by Romany Rye
2. Start Again by Teenage Fanclub
3. Hospital by Coby Brown
4. Mercy by Tender Mercies
5. Meet On The Ledge by Fairport Convention
6. Like Teenage Gravity by Kasey Anderson & The Honkies
7. Amie by Pure Prairie League
8. Coming Around by Travis
9. Ooh La La by The Faces
10. All My Failures by Dawes
11. Return of the Grevious Angel by Gram Parsons
12. Four White Stallions by Tender Mercies
13. Jumping Jesus by Sordid Humor
14. You Ain't Going Nowhere by Bob Dylan
15. The Ballad of El Goodo by Big Star