5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Children's Book!
Published on November 29, 1999 by Dwain Preston

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest story.
Cute pictures but not enough to support a boring story. I would like to see better graphics with such a small story.
Published 7 months ago by Lori Gedwillo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Children's Book!, November 29, 1999
This review is from: Underwear! (Library Binding)
This is a great read-aloud book for kids of all ages! I teach high school, and tell stories as an avocation (yes, I know the two are not mutually exclusive!). When I get to the part where Bismark tries not laugh, I go into hysterics. Little kids love it, high school kids ask to have it read again, and adults have been known to snicker a time or two. It's a good read, and an audience-pleaser. Some food for thought, too. My favorite line is Zachary's: "It is a tragedy to be clever but not happy." Spinoza couldn't have said it better. I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Monsell at a reading conference once. She has made the world a happier place by creating this wonderful story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids, January 11, 2005
This review is from: Underwear! (Paperback)
My son received this as a gift...I probably wouldn't have chosen it off the shelf. But he has loved this book and laughed over it many times. (It works better when my husband reads it to him -- he's better at the silly noises than I am!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely one of the best books for kids and parents., April 16, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Underwear! (Library Binding)
This book was and is one of our favorite books. As Bismark the buffalo discovers the joy of Underwear, you discover the joy in your child. My daughter and I spent many hours laughing uproariously over this book. Just try not to laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars underwear, February 21, 2007
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Underwear! (Paperback)
The book, Underwear, captivates the true meaning of underwear. This storyline will keep you reading until the end, and then you'll want to read it again and again. Get lost in the book. And then you will be proud of your tighty whityness.

This book is funnybecause they make animal wear funky underwear.Such as when they said, "Zachary the zebra didn't like buttons or snaps or sleeves or slippers. But he did like underwear". This book also uses many llustrative pictures to help you understand more about the book. Such as when the artist uses alot of colors and illustrations. The author uses rythm and ryme to make reading fun. Such as when they said "snaps or sleeves, or slippers or zippers..."

The writer really captivates the real meaning of underwear. One way of making this book fun to make it funny. He uses great pictures and rythm and ryme to make reading super fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service... great book!, October 13, 2012
This review is from: Underwear! (Paperback)
I ordered this book to read aloud to my 3rd graders. They loved it!!! They got tickled every time they heard the word "underwear". By the end of the book they were falling over sideways laughing! I also added to the classroom library. They all race to the library to grab that book! A must for any elementary grade!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids!, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Underwear! (Paperback)
I love reading this book aloud to kids. I always whisper the word "underwear" and then giggle like crazy when the animals in the story do. This is one of our favorite read alouds!!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, December 13, 2010
This review is from: Underwear! (Paperback)
We checked this book out at a military library because we were traveling and needed something to occupy my son. The title is what made me grab the book and I AM NOT disappointed! My son and the other children LOVE it! If you have an animated mind and read the book how it is intended, it can be really funny and makes all the kids laugh. it does read "ha ha ha giggle snort he he..." and so on, but it is what you make it. 5 stars!! Ordering it for the other kids now also

5.0 out of 5 stars childhood book, April 7, 2008
This review is from: Underwear! (Library Binding)
I had this book when I was a little kid. My mom would read the book to my younger brother and I and we would laugh so much. Unfortunately we lost our house and all our belongings to a fire. The only thing that I really missed that got lost in the fire was my book. I'm now 23 years old and I still remember it. I was very happy to find the original hardcover print here and I order it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest story., June 14, 2014
This review is from: Underwear! (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars read aloud fun, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Underwear! (Board book)
this book is great fun to read out loud.. I gave my grand daughter a copy to read to her children

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Underwear!
Underwear! by Mary Elise Monsell (Paperback - January 1, 1988)
$6.99 $6.91