on July 5, 2013
The pettipants I received from you today (8437, white, large) are not 100% cotton but 97% cotton and 3% lycra. The resulting fabric is airless and slippery and quite unsuitable for summer wear (the whole point of pettipants is to enable one to wear dresses in sticky weather). If you're going to make undergarments nonreturnable, you need to represent their contents honestly. I am really disappointed because yours were the only pettipants I could find online that claimed to be all cotton--and they aren't. They looked so nylon-like that I opened the package to find the contents label (they were purchased as a gift)and now I don't even believe the contents label because they still look and feel like nylon. Anyway,just in case your supplier is putting something over on you, you should know this product is not as advertised.

Underworks responded promptly to my complaint and explained that the label was wrong and the fabric is indeed 100% cotton. I suggest that Underworks include a note to that effect in future shipments of this item, because the fabric is not the lawn or batiste that I had in mind and other purchasers may also be puzzled by it. I did appreciate the quick response and the explanation.
on April 19, 2013
After bloomers were discontinued at the chain store that I used to buy them, I was hard pressed to find new products. I went online & found these. I like them. They are a nice but not flimsy cool cotton. In hot weather nothing better then cool cotton, breezy ventilation & provision of modesty under skirts & dresses. In hot weather just these pettipants & a natural material dress is the next best thing to going clothsless.
on September 10, 2013
I was a teenage in the 60"s and we wore what were called "petti pants". They are the same thing. I love them now more than ever. So much better then a slip if you have large thigh's. I'm not over weight but I am large through the hip area. I spend alot of time out doors in the summer heat and prefer a skirt or dress. The cotton keeps you cool. The best part my legs don't stick together or chafe
on March 12, 2013
These are so very comfy, and are great quality. 100% cotton, but I did not find that they shrank at all. I wear them fairly frequently (at least once a week) for about six months, machine wash 'em with the rest of my clothes, and truth be told I ought to be wearing a size up now (since I've gained some weight), but the seams appear to be quite sturdy, haha! The fabric is just fantastic, the elastic is nice and stretchy, and the lace is still pretty. Did I mention that they BREATHE? A miracle!

For the price, they can't be beat, and I've yet to find another pair of similarly-simple pantalettes of a 100% cotton or linen material. My one wish is that they could be a bit longer, but I *am* tall-ish.
on August 19, 2013
I haven't worn skirts for a long time because of chafing and heat rash. I can't remember what nudged me to look for petti-pants and culotte slips, but I'm glad I checked them out. These come down to my knees, but that's not a problem because most of my skirts are mid-calf. I'm very pleased with my purchase and will very likely order more.
on July 11, 2013
I wear a size 16 and found the pettipants to be very generous. I ordered an XL but if I ever reorder I would go down a size. It is truly all cotton and very cool for these hot southern days in Louisiana.
on August 21, 2013
Nice light cotton, great for this Texas summer. Be aware that they do come all the way to the knee, or just below.
on July 13, 2015
I have ben searching for the "perfect" undergarment to wear with skirts in the summertime, to prevent thigh chaffing. I was hoping that the woven fabric in this item would not ride up, as had the knit ones I had tried. They did not ride up, but they are very stiff and I was always self conscious of the "Stiff petticoat" sensation under my skirts. I washed it twice ion warm water, in hopes of removing excess sizing but this did not soften the fabric.
on May 26, 2013
These are great for the warmer to hot days of our southern weather! The cotton is smooth and cool, and they fit great.
on June 12, 2015
I would have given these 5 stars, but I took off one star for their being made as if the wearer would have no "extra" in the posterior. It is a snug fit for me, but will work out as long as they don't shrink in the wash.

The waistband on the back rides inches below my waist (and the waistband of my panties). I could easily expect both of these problems if they had been made in Asia, but expect better from USA-made.

UPDATE: I have ordered a size larger for more "breathing room" though I have never had to order that large of a size before. I like the length. Someone complained they got a tag that said 97% cotton and 3% lycra and were all up in arms about it. I think that is just a tempest in a pot of tea. I have ordered these and the material is (obviously) 100% cotton -- but if you want to get super specific you would HAVE to say 3% lycra because of the elastic in the waistband (and possibly lyrcra in the extremely thin lace at the bottom). After wearing this, although it is too snug not to feel worried (the pair before ordering the size up), these are a good product. The lace at the bottom is a bit scratchy although almost too small to notice it is there otherwise. It rubs up behind my knees and bothers. I will be sewing on a large sort of ruffle-style cotton lace under the lace that came on the product to solve that problem. This is the third company I have ordered pettipants from, and the best I have found thus far.