Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Undisputed (Explicit)
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$8.88+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on September 11, 2012
The legendary Dmx is back with his seventh solo album "Undisputed", its not as good as his earlier albums but its still solid. Dmx released two classics in 98 which was "It's Dark and "Hell Is Hot" and Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood". But lets get into this Undisputed track by track review

1. "Lookin Without Seein" (Intro)

2. "What They Don't Know" This track is cool, reminds me of the old X. You can bob your head to this joint

3. "Cold World" (featuring Andreena Mill) Andreena did a great job on here, it seems like it was her song since X only has only on verse but he spits the realness we love from him. Great track

4. "I Don't Dance" (featuring MGK) This song was released in 2010 and it was originally called "Y'all N***** Bounce" but he remade it. This is literally one of the worst Dmx songs I ever heard, MGK didn't help out either. X says "Y'all n***** whisper X is a crackhead/ alright then f*** it then I'ma just crack heads" ..

5. "Sucka for Love" (featuring Dani Stevenson) This track is aimed at the ladies. The lyrics on here remind me of "How its goin down" from his Its dark and hell is hot album but a cheesier version. Basically hes saying shes just something to f***, hes not trying to wife her up.

6. "I Get Scared" (featuring Rachel Taylor) One of the emotional joints from X, the bad thing about the song sis that you can barely even hear his verses because the beat too loud.

7. "Slippin' Again" Now this is the Dmx I been waiting to hear. He shows his emotion and talks about his struggles with lines like " If y'all only knew/ what my life is like and what I'm going through/ maybe you'd think before you talk". At the end of the song, X is screaming out "I wish you F****** knew" and it sounds like he is really stressed out. Classic track right here.

8. "Prayer" (Skit) The title says it all !

9. "I'm Back" Hardcore joint with X just spitting 2 verses of raw lyrics, he sounds real focused on here. Most of y'all probably remember this beat because AZ rapped on this same beat as well.

10. "Have You Eva" X gets introspective over a smooth beat which samples Freddie Jackson's "Have you ever loved somebody". This is one of the best songs on here, oh yeah this also appeared on X's mixtape that was released in 2010 but this is a updated version which sounds great. Classic track

11. "Get Your Money Up" High energy track, you can definitely work out to this work. It sounds like it could of came out back in the early 2000s, if this would of came out back then it could of been a hit.

12. "Head Up" A heartfelt track where he talks about whats going on in his life and hes asking God for help as he spits "Lord if you hear me/ know that I'm coming to you sincerely/ I need you near me/ Please feel me/ I'm sick and I need for you to heal me/ I'm lost and I'm looking for the real me/ I'm tired and weary/ not being able to see things clearly". Now this is the definition of real song!

13. "Frankenstein" I Wasn't feeling this joint, it sounds dated as the hook goes "We gon tear s*** up what/ tear s*** up what".

14. "Ya'll Don't Really Know" This came out in 09, but it was just one verse. Average track, nothing to special.

15. "I Got Your Back" (featuring Kashmere) Bonnie and Clyde type song, Kashmere has a verse but I cant believe X really said "Shorty got my back like a jacket"...nonetheless this song is cool

16. "No Love" (featuring Andreena Mill) More of that real life we all love from X for, he says "I took a snake to make me trust more" and "Never thought about biting the hand that feeds me buy yall m********** is greedy", hes talking about fake friends, everybody should be able to relate to this song.

17. "Already" This song was released in 2008, I'm surprised this made the final cut. Ya'll remember on Ruff Ryders Anthem when he said "what" after every line besides the hook? Well he does something similar on here but says "already" instead. I'm not a fan of this either as it sounds dated..

Overall the album isn't too bad, Dmx has been in jail and dealing with a lot of personal problems as well so some of the songs sounds dated. Some tracks sound like were recorded back when he made "Grand Champ" which will turn listeners away. Another thing wrong with the album is the lack of new material, I would of loved to hear all new music from X but some of these just were released years ago which kills the excitement of the album.... The 17 tracks should of been knocked down to about 13 or 14 tracks. I hate that I had to give X such a low rating but I cant be bias and just throw out 5 stars (classic rating) because hes of my fav rappers of all time. The good thing is that none of the songs sound forced or sound like anything that's out today, its just X being X and we all should respect the fact the hes being himself. My final rating is 3 stars
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 12, 2012
big time dmx fan here, but this is a miss. easily his worst album. it sounds like a mixtape gone wrong, an album slapped together with no point.weak,whiny hooks, and some songs barely have a verse. the way the songs start , and end is very clear this is an unfinished project. xs' voice is also different, kind of like hes became a 4 pack a day smoker. im not saying its time to put the dog down, but he definately needs to regroup.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 15, 2012
Here's a quick breakdown of the 17 tracks

.Intro
.7 (previously released songs)
.1 (with previously used lyrics, but a different intrumental and hook (Cold World))
.Prayer
.7 (New songs)

I knew X was just trying to create hype when he said this was gonna be his best album since "It's Dark And Hell Is Hot", but I was expecting a little more. Not even much, my expectations were low, but I was still disappointed. DMX has always been in my top 5 favorites so the last thing I wanted to do was write a review like this, but I can't even pretend this is a great album.

Had half of the songs not been released on mixtapes from 2009-2011 I might have a different view of the album, but the fact that I've been listening to half of this album since 2010 makes it hard to really appreciate the music for the time being, no matter how good it is. This should have been a mixtape. Also, seeing as how he had no problem putting out old music, I don't know why he wouldn't put "Change Is Gonna Come" on here, it's one of his best songs in years.

Overall as a fan I'm glad to see X is trying to put his career back together. But it's off to a slow, disappointing start. Hopefully the next album will be better, but apparently it's just gonna be another compilation of stuff he recorded in the last 3 years according to the company who aquired his material and plans to release it. So I'm not to optimistic about that one either.....maybe the one after that.

Pros:
I'm glad "Y'all Don't Really Know" got an official release

Cons:
The re-hashing of half the songs
"Time To Get Paid" was cut from the final tracklisting
on October 22, 2012
This is a completely average release with below average production and weak lyrics...but it is pretty decent listen. There is a few decent tracks but the overall presentation bogs it all down. The producers are recognizable, delivering a variety of beats but quite a few of them are big duds. The album does not really have a cohesive atmosphere as the tracks are all over the place, not delivering any bangers or anything even mildly impressive. DMX performs rather terribly, to be blunt. DMX has a rough and aggressive delivery with a below average flow, further dragged down by abrupt endings and lack of connectivity between lyrics....and that is not mentioning the over-aggression on the softer tracks. There is a little bit of substance and meaningful tracks and that is always a bonus. Decent but certainly flawed release, the "I Don't Dance" single, featuring Machine Gun Kelly, does not represent the type of album this is.
on August 6, 2014
Firstoff, when I heard this album (previewed it) I thought this album sukked..And afterwards I be previewing it like multiple times tryna get use to it (like 6 to 7 times) and I actually like this album this a beast ass album!! I'm a Music Junkie I know good music when I hear it I just listen to the beats how good they sound and then I hear X rappin his beast-ass lyrics so I would say this: This album does takes some getting use to..I get albums on my iPod this the one I got and I just play the whole album through when I'm doing something work or whatever and turns out not to be a bad album at all! Songs I oftenly play is trakks 2, 4, 8 through 12, 15, 17 & 18. Other than that it's a beast album!!!
on September 11, 2012
He's back with a good & refreshing album, it is sooooooooooooooooooo good to ear some real music again, oh my God im Thankful, God Bless you X !!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 6, 2014
Undisputed is truly an underrated album. Though DMX's personal life, truly has taken a beating do to his own choices... his music is still very much alive. His single, I don't Dance is reason enough to purchase this album. I am glad X is back, and any fan or former fan of DMX should truly look into purchasing this album.
on April 10, 2014
It was a good album, It had a good message to all the songs. Most of the songs were good but some were funky sounding but everything else was good.
on January 2, 2014
I have heard better from DMX. I am still a fan and will continue to buy his music but I do miss that classic X!
on January 21, 2014
Way to bounce back with this cd DMX. great price and some great songs as well Thank you very much.