Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 4, 2013
but better for you to read after you give birth. This book was actually a little discouraging to read while I was pregnant. I understand sarcasm, but when you are worried about every little thing that is going on with your body, it's not much help. Overall I would purchase for your partner or for reading at the end or after your pregnancy.
on January 14, 2013
If you like humor and satire, this book is amazing. I've purchased one for every pregnant friend since I found it. I kind of hated the typical pregnancy books, and this was an amazing break from the traditional, soft spoken, positive thinking pregnancy books.
on October 26, 2012
This is a funny book but in no way an accurate medical representation of pregnancy and birth. I recommend this for second time around parents ONLY and I think fathers would think this is more funny then mothers. For any type of accurate information I highly recommend going to ANY other source.
on September 25, 2008
This book is brilliant and much needed, a knee-slapper that rightfully makes fun of a topic we often take way too seriously.

Even a man would get a lot out of Moore's quick wit and delightfully crass straight talk. I read my girlfriend's copy and immediately recommended the book to several female friends. Maybe I even secretly bought a copy for myself...

Kudos to Moore--a book that should be read by every pregnant woman and every man who secretly wants to impregnate a woman but is too cool to admit it. Her publisher should sell dust jackets of a manly variety so we can easily hide the guilty pleasure.
on August 28, 2008
This book was so hysterical, I could not put it down. Thank goodness!! Finally-- a book for all of us well-read, tragically hip and witty, pregnant Generation-X'ers that pokes fun at all of the 'less talked about' "joys" of being pregnant. If you are sick of reading books about Pregnancy that 'sugar-coat' or 'glamorize' the entire process, and you enjoy shows like the Colbert Report, or the Daily Show, this book is for you. I've already bought copies for all of my girlfriends. Too funny to pass up.
on September 8, 2008
This is a great gift for anyone expecting or any new moms! "The Unexpected" is hilarious and says all the things that you are thinking but may be afraid to ask. I laughed out loud reading it especially at the "Baby Shower" chapter. It also has chapters on the first six months of baby's life that will help sleep deprived moms laugh a little.
I have given two books as gifts to expectant friends and have a copy for myself. I plan on having one in every baby gift basket I give!
on September 11, 2008
My first pregnancy, I wanted all the info and read through mounds of informational month-by-month guidebooks. For my second pregnancy, I just wanted a good laugh and this is it! This is the perfect book to make you laugh-out-loud at those little talked about effects pregnancy has on a woman. Buy this book if you are pregnant for the first time, the second time or the fifth (and beyond). This is definitely a must-have for your baby shower gift basket!
on October 12, 2010
I LOVED this book, read it twice, laughed a LOT, bought it as a gift, tell all pregnant ladies to get it, and saved it for when I am pregnant next time. A great way to get some giggles when they are most needed. Addresses only what is funny and what you are thinking to yourself, not all the boring facts you hear over and over.
on September 20, 2008
I'm always looking for one of those books you can read a line from and laugh while opening presents. The laughs come a little easier for me now that my girls are in their 20's and their friends are having showers. It's one thing to be a good writer. It's another thing to be funny. Mary is both.

Cindy Gabriel
on August 25, 2008
Wonderful book! I laughed out loud through the entire thing!
The author's take on pregnancy is absolutely hysterical, and
true, with a dry humor perspective. I highly recommend this book!
Buy it, and grab one for a girl friend - she'll love it! I'm grabbing
a few extras myself! Definitely worth the read!!