Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2010 6:17:56 AM PST
C. Kidder says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 19, 2010 10:32:01 AM PST
Actually, the first series (Ninth Doctor) was offered as individual discs, although I don't think they've done that since (except in the UK).

I think that this is just the price consumers pay for being early adopters. If it's important for you to have the specials as they become available, then you should be prepared to pay for the privilege. What irks me is that the box set disc of "The Next Doctor" will apparently have special features not found on the individually sold disc.

Posted on Jan 19, 2010 1:13:00 PM PST
Or you could just have waited until they were all available in a set. Patience has its rewards....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2010 5:58:52 AM PST
Twilightjoan says:
We didn't know they would be offered as a set. I did the same thing as C. Kidder. Didn't know more were coming at that time or that they would package it all as a set. What are we missing by buying the individual DVDs except for the better (?) price? And Amazon had a great deal on all of the first 4 seasons by selling them for $32.49 instead of $64.95 in November 2009.

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 4:05:16 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 16, 2010 12:18:59 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 3, 2010 4:05:19 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 3, 2010 4:05:46 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 3, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who - The Complete Specials Boxset [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Complete Specials Boxset [DVD] (DVD)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (212)