1,619 of 1,669 people found the following review helpful

3.0 out of 5 stars Tired of the re-prints
Published on November 10, 2011 by kelldubz

1,619 of 1,669 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive listing, October 30, 2011
This review is from: Unfinished Business (Silhouette Intimate Moments) (Kindle Edition)
while I do love a good Nora Roberts book, I have read so many that I can't remember the titles any more. Hence, when I want to purchase one (or anyone else's books for that matter) for my kindle I check the publication date to help determine whether I might have read it before. I was reading Unfinished Business and it kept seeming to be so familiar, but I checked and rechecked the pub date which said it was new. Only after checking further into Nora's website did I figure out that was the KINDLE pub date and that it was a reissue of an older novel - which, of course, I had read. I wish the listings on Amazon would state clearly that a book is a reissue, whether from another format or whatever. It would sure make your customers happy. Thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tired of the re-prints, November 10, 2011
I think Nora Roberts is one of the best writers that I have read; however, the amount of books that she reprints with new titles is ridiculous. I have bought 3 books now under new titles that I already own. I hope that she actually starts making new books instead of just reprinting old ones. This book used to be in an anthology that I read 4 years ago. I will no longer be buying her books because of this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, September 22, 2011
One of Roberts' earlier Categories off her backlist, newly released on Kindle.

I've read all of her books, but twenty years later, this one didn't ring any strong memory bells. So, not a favorite that I tracked down to read again, but still one that fulfilled my requirements now: likeable characters that allowed me to relax.

I found I was more involved in the heroine's solo story, discovering herself, than the couple's romance. (And how much of that is MY age now? Did I feel that way then?) I especially liked her perspective regarding her deceased father: not bitterness over his behaviour - which was fairly horrid - but regret that she never dealt with him, which might have made it better at the time.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another REPRINT, November 21, 2011
I absolutely love Nora Roberts' books and the J.D. Robb "In Death" series. Unfortunately, I have a very good memory and within the first page I recognized this book as an "oldie but goodie". If you've not read it, do so. It's great. But for those of us waiting for NEW novels, this is a disappointment when Amazon/Kindle claims it a "new" release. Please be honest with us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tired of being duped, January 7, 2012
bookworm ""bookworm"" (Staten Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
It's good to know I'm not the only one that gets duped into buying reprints because I read so many of a particular author that I don't recognize the story until I get into it. In fairness to their readers, and to continue to receive their loyalty, the "reprinted" statement should be clearly shown and I find it especially deceptive that the titles are changed. Clearly greed is the main
factor here. Doesn't someone of Nora Roberts standing have any regard for her fans?

2.0 out of 5 stars Duped again by a reprint..., January 7, 2012
<SPOILER ALERT>

"Unfinished Business", by Nora Roberts, should have been titled "Repeat Business". The book was actually published in 2006. I purchased it for my kindle thinking it was a new release (new cover, as usual).

I am disappointed by the fact it was marketed as a new book. But more disappointing is the book itself. It does not have Roberts trademark witty dialogue, or gut-wrenching plots. In fact, there is little to no plot. Weak characters I want to punch in the throat. The angst of the protagonist (if you could call her that) is so contrived it is painful. I skipped pages and pages of trite dialog and forced action. Small town America... star-crossed teenage lovers meet again after a misunderstanding tore them apart years ago; she's sick and delusional, he's a bad boy turned doctor, blah blah... Oh but wait, there's more.... mother/daughter/father angst.... busy body town folk willing to pay a highly sought after concert pianist a whole $10 for piano a lesson. Really? In 2006? Piano lessons haven't been $10 even in 'small town America' for 20 years.

I love a good Nora Roberts story, and her alter ego J.D. Robb's Death series are always an entertaining read. This book however, fell astoundingly short of a good read, let alone a good Nora Roberts read.

Maybe she called it "Unfinished Business" because that is exactly what I did with it - I didn't finish it.
My advice? Wasn't worth the money or time the first time around. Paying for it twice is like adding salt to the wound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable light reading, August 21, 2005
This review is from: Unfinished Business (Paperback)
A cute story about a classical pianist who left home as a teenager to pursue her career under the overbearingly high-pressure of her father/tutor/manager. Now, 8 years later, after the death of her father, she decides to return home to Western Maryland to rest and recover from an ulcer and severe burn-out, and to reconcile with her mother and childhood sweetheart. From her new adult prospective, and out from under the misguided influence of her father, she realizes that the misunderstandings that to her estrangement from both of them wasn't what she had been lead to believe. A nicely presented story about repairing mother-daughter bonds that seemed damaged forever, and about reconnecting with one's soulmate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Synopsis, March 9, 2000
By A Customer
COULD HE HEAL HER BROKEN HEART? What was she doing here? Hyattown had changed very little in the years Vanessa Sexton had been away. In some ways her high school sweetheart, Brady Tucker, hadn't changed much either-he was still lean, athletic, rugged... But the once reckless had become a solid dependable man. He'd stood her up on the most important night of her life; could she ever trust him again. So Vanessa had finaly come home, Brady thought. She could still turn him inside out with on of her sultry looks. He couldn't believe she hadn't forgiven him for that night twelve years ago-but he'd had his reasons for not showing up. He'd let her leave town then-but he wasn't going to let her get away this time...

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, October 8, 2011
Good for an afternoon read. Woman's character pretty well developed. Man rather insensitive to what she's discovering and having to cope with while developing a new relationship with old school boyfriend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts, March 12, 2012
This book was one of the first I downloaded on my Kindle 3G. I must admit one of the reasons why was because it was very inexpensive. I was also traveling alot with my new job which meant spending alot of time in hotel rooms reading. Though a big fan of Nora Roberts, I wasn't expecting alot from this book but was happily surprised when I enjoyed it so much. I'm sure you will too!

Rate and Discover Movies