5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pens
Published on May 12, 2010 by Ross B.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other Jetstreams
I swear by the other pens in this family, but the Sport RT falls terribly short of the quality of the others.

First, the looks aren't as classy (especially the white plastic cap), but they're more compact size is nice, so I can get over that.

Published 23 months ago by Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pens, May 12, 2010
This review is from: Uni-Ball Jetstream Sport RT Ballpoint Retractable Pen, Blue Ink, Bold Point, Dozen (SAN1738686) (Office Product)
These pens are phenomenal. I have tested almost every pen out there, and in my opinion, these pens are perfection. I should mention that I like the Jetstream Sport Bold pens in Blue ink, specifically. This model has the perfect balance of smoothness and consistency of ink output, and the ink output remains steady regardless of whether you press hard or apply very little pressure at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jetstream SPORT RT, July 7, 2009
Greg (Birmingham, AL) - See all my reviews
The Uni-ball Jetstream is probably the best new pen series in the last few years given, among other things, the flow of the ink. The Jetstream SPORT RT is the best of this series. It has a much more durable clip and its barrel is better proportioned than the non-Sport Jetstream RT. Unfortunately, these are getting hard to find if you like them. Uni-ball appears to have discontinued them (not wise in my view).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other Jetstreams, December 7, 2012

On the other hand, you can only use 25% of the ink before it starts to quit writing. I thought one was just faulty, but it has happened to every one of them since. I can't begin to state how frustrating it is to have a dozen pens floating around the house with ink in them, but they won't write!

Overall, I still swear by how smooth Jetstreams are and they don't bleed or smear, but stay away from the Sport RT series. They really are terrible and frustrating pens after the first week of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pens money can buy, November 21, 2011
People can complain about service or screwing up on orders, but these PENS are the best money can buy, I use pens EVERYDAY, they are critical to my job, and record keeping, I have NEVER found a better value for my money. I can run off every major US pen, and several really high end pens that are real pieces of ART. But the business end of applying ink to paper or form, falls way short. The 1 mm ball, Jetstream retractable with BLACK ink is the best pen money can buy. People steal them every chance they get, they are not easy to fine and are not carried by the cheap discount stores. They do not write at all angles, put they DO NOT LEAK and ruin your cloths either. The ink dries so fast I have never smeared it or gotten it on my hands. If you write with a pen for a living. Try one of these and you will agree. Pay attention when ordering, some people who bounce around a lot trying to save a few pennies, hit the wrong link and then claim they got the wrong order shipped to them. Check the part numbers because one thing is true they have 1000's of variations, I have made that same mistake myself, and (I received stick pens instead of the retractable I wanted). This I have found happens a lot on the net, then the person who screws up tries to twist the companies arm by leaving bad feedback for their screw-up. (Bad form).

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, July 26, 2011
Love how these pens write. The one with the cap seems a bit more fluid than the bold point click version but I like to have one for carrying in pockets and the click for work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever!, February 19, 2011
Best ball point pen I have ever used. Only one I use consistently since I generally prefer a liquid ink. Extremely easy on the hand. Bold, solid line. Hard to find!

1.0 out of 5 stars Return Policy, June 2, 2014
I love this pen, however I received defective pens and when I contacted the company that sold them, Taber Wholesale, the gave me the loop around. I continue to contact them since these pens are not cheap, but they persist on NOT sending me proper pens. Do i recommend buying from Taber Wholesale, NO! Do I recommend these pens, yes, but do not go through Taber Wholesale. They say great customer service, but have not shown that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pens!, February 26, 2014
Jessy (Fort Lee,NJ) - See all my reviews
I love the quality. It is very smooth! I really recommend this pen for everyone who needs a good pen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Thin, February 8, 2014
I am a part time law student and full time employee, and I use Uni-Ball Jetstream blue ink pens for all of my write at work and school. Because I use so many of these, I decided to try the "sport" version because the cost is substantially less than what I usually use. While the pen writes just as well as the other version, this pen is simply too thin for me. It was comparable to a skinny, cheap bic pen. If you are looking for a slimmer pen that writes well, then this is for you, but I will stick with it's non-sport cousin.

5.0 out of 5 stars SMOOTH writing; clear color; precise writing, October 24, 2013
These are the smoothest writing pens I have experienced THAT DON'T SMEAR. The ink dries instantly. I have bought wider-barrelled ball point pens for ease of writing, but BECAUSE THESE ARE SO SMOOTH they equal the wider-barrelled pens in my hand.

Although it seems to be medium width, actually the writing is a bit finer than many pens, or maybe it seems so because both the red and blue ones have such clear ink it appears narrower. This makes them perfect for bookkeeping.

These come in other colors but blue is often hard to find in stores.