Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on February 13, 2013
As others have said... No documentation with the phone even on MFG's website.

Manual is here:[...]

Here's what you need to know...
- For WiFi password, if you don't put it in correct it doesn't give you an error telling you that. Just be aware if you can't get WiFi working it could be that.
- Once wifi is connected, go back into MENU -> Settings -> #9 Admin Settings
- Enter; password: 000000 (6 zeros) in the menu. Then, the SIP configuration will be revealed. (Initially tried 4 which is the bluetooth convention... this is the default USER password so you will not get admin options in the menu... 6 zeros is key!)
- When in sip settings, You have to set the "1st_Proxy" to the IP/hostname of your SIP server. I ended up putting my sip server hostname the "domain" field and the "proxy 1" putting it in the domain only doesn't work.

Hope this saves someone some time. Phone seems to work ok so far for me now that I got it configured.
66 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2011
I purchased this item to use as my primary home phone handset. Product is stylish and I like it. Standby time is about 4 days but it does not harm to keep it on charger. I used it couple times for long conf call conversations (4.5 hours) and it served well. Supports 2.4Ghz band only up to 'g'. Includes all possible encryption and authentication. As surprise I found that it even supports TKIP/AES. I tested it with WEP-64, WPA2 personal (PSK TKIP with AES) and WPA2 enterprise (CCKM AES with TLS). All work well.
A bit of headache to type in the password but it's manageable. Supports automatic provisioning and configuration but I did not get change to try this. Has web interface where you can configure everything.
Now the cons. The biggest one is COMPLETE lack of documentation. I mean it. Box includes quick reference guide but no word on how to configure this thing. I dig up PDF out on the internet (not even manufactures site) which did solve my problem. Setting names for web setup are very confusing so if you are not SIP2 expert you will easily get lost. From the screen, however, it's relatively easy.
Another disadvantage is (could be just my preference) is color screen. I simply can not understand why handset like home or mobile phone may possibly need color screen which consumes more energy and is harder to read in bright light.
Aside from said above I really like the product and recommend it for both private and corporate use.
on November 13, 2013
I tried a couple of $150 or less wifi SIP phones and this was the only one worth anything.

That is to say that it stays reliably registered to my asterisk server and it roams really well. There is some popping when it roams between access points, but its acceptable during a call.
We use several of these phones for business use and they have been fully dependable for the entire duration of their install so far (
about 2 months).

The phones also feature a pleasant on screen UI which is easy to navigate. Also, this phone hosts a web server which can be used to setup the device.

Long story short, this device works reliably and is aesthetically pleasant.
on March 25, 2013
My company bought 40 of these to use with our new cloud based phone system. We tested it against a number of other phones and my tests showed it had better connectivity that several phones that were twice it's price and of newer design. Even the quality of the sound was almost as good as the HD wireless phones we tested. The phone feels like it's isn't as solidly built as several others we looked at, although we dropped them several times and the still worked, but we figured we could buy twice as many phones and still save money. So far they have worked better than the much more expensive Cisco phones they have replaced.

The bad thing about the phones is lack of support. The documentation is not very detailed and can be difficult to understand. Also, the manufacturer doesn't appear to offer any support to end users other than a few web documents. We found this to be the case with the other more expensive phones too. I was able to figure out how to program the phones but it took a while.

Two things we have found, if you buy the cases for the phones, you might want to enlarge the speaker and microphone holes in the case or they will cause echoing because of feedback. Also, there doesn't seems to be a way to do a hard reset of the phone or, if there is, no one has documented it. So, if someone sets a key lock password on the phone and you don't know what it is, there doesn't appear to be a way to reset the phone and unlock it. That could be a real problem and I still an't believe there isn't SOME way to reset them.
on January 22, 2013
I couldn't get it to see our wifi network. There are no docs. Tried calling the support # in Korea, but number has been disconnected.

I have no idea if this phone works well or not, because I can't even make or receive a call. Returning.
on August 6, 2013
Wow - a lot of phone for not much money.

PROS:
- Roams between my three WAG102 access points without dropping a call and without interruption to the call
- Small and light with good battery life
- Simple to answer calls, put people on hold (send button), transfer a call (send, dial, menu, transfer).
- Works well once it's set up

CONS:
- Ugh! Documentation doesn't come in the box - search online - it's around. Once you find the manuals they seem to be missing some things (incl a proper troubleshooting section)
- Phone (despite spiffy color screen) doesn't really say much on the screen. Doesn't give errors for bad WPA password, doesn't show when speaker phone is on, etc.
- Once you figure out the IP address of the phone (dig around the screen) you can get in remotely - things start to make sense once you are on the web driven menus. (You will have to read how to turn on the admin menus in the enterprise admin manual you find online. Like the other reviewer said the password you will need is six zeros (000000)).
on December 12, 2013
Owner for 1 day- I'll report back again in a few months.

We bought this phone for our conference room because we needed a cordless phone for our Talkswitch System (now FortiVoice). The new Fortivoice cordless phones cost $500 for a single base and handset (which is obscene and ridiculous). I decided to buy an different brand phone and settled on the UniData WPU-7800.

First things first: phone looks great, has a Li-Ion battery and is completely wireless. That means you NEED a wireless access point in order to use this phone. Most other SIP phones need an ethernet cable plugged into the base cradle in order to connect to your network. The WPU-7800 only needs power to the cradle. This is a HUGE plus for nearly everyone. You can put the base cradle anywhere you have power- no need to hunt out a spot that has a switch or a drop.

I managed to get it hooked up to our Talkswitch system and working flawlessly in about 1/2 hour. I have not tried transferring calls or the other functions of our phone system but even if those don't work it's ok for our needs. There is no manual. No joke. You can find a few PDFs online but even those are hard to follow. I know a bit about IP phones since I am the administrator of our phone system but I am by no means an expert. I made a few mistakes setting the phone up. Watch out for the wireless setup- you have to tell the phone very specifically which type of wireless encryption you are using. If you are using WPA2, you will need to tell the phone if you are using AES or TKIP. Check your wireless access point for settings. Also, look for B. Rbbertson's review on this phone- he outlined some good pointers. The domain entry is a little confusing. I am accustomed to putting our system's address as the "domain" but in the UniData it is the 1st proxy.

As an aside, this would be a GREAT phone for people (like me) who have canceled their home phone service. You could subscribe to a cheap SIP/ VOIP service and be off to the races.

1 more thing: there are some SUPER WEIRD ringtones on this phone. There are 2 ringtones that are just people talking in Korean and 1 song called "I hate you." Funny stuff. Great phone.
on October 16, 2011
We have two of these for our business. Very difficult to set up and absolutely horrid manufacturer support. The phone itself, when configured, is just barely acceptable. Weird ringtones, really bad menu system, not so good range and crummy ergonomics. I'm not sure if any competitors have a better phone, but I would recommend looking.
on December 9, 2012
I love this thing, clear calls over wifi to our Asterisk server and good range. Great price for what it does.
on July 8, 2014
had to wait to be sure it worked properly, i have found so far:

wireless:
if you use it on N wireless works intermittently.
if you use on a B/G works properly.
range is good!

Battery:
lasts enough for business... around 3 hrs talking time, 12 hrs standby picking short calls randomly.

PBX:
i'm using Asterisk, it works good.
sometimes it losses registration (around once every 6hrs), and calls do not come in to its extension, but if you force it to register shorter intervals it goes away and goes weeks without the problem.

Handle & feel:
light, responsive, easy to read & press keys.

Support:
started with nothing, on the producer page, but now it shows out there, with no files.. but is there..guess that is start.

guide is fairly easy to find on the internet, to get it working.

Setup:
after you understand it. easy..
before you understand it, clueless hard!

enjoy is good.