5.0 out of 5 stars Keytop Salt Grinder
This is a wonderful salt grinder (I also have the keytop pepper grinder). A light twist produces just the right amount of salt for cooking. The top allows you to twist even if your fingers are greasy or wet from cooking. I would call it best in show for salt grinders.
Published on November 11, 2007 by Gigas2

1.0 out of 5 stars Salt mill a big disappointment
I have used many Unicorn pepper mills for years and love them. This salt mill is not comparable. The mill turns the salt to powder. Unicorn customer service tried to assist but ultimately did not help and told me it worked normally. I have other brand salt mills which are much better
Published 22 months ago by Peter E. Safir

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Keytop Salt Grinder, November 11, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh ground salt, February 1, 2009
Amazon Customer (Elizabethton, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unicorn KeyTop Salt Mill, White
Always liked fresh ground pepper, and I use sea salt. Thought fresh ground sea salt sounded good. It's great. Really does taste better. I love salt, and the grinder makes the granules slightly larger than pre-ground salt, so you can use less salt, but taste it more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Salt mill a big disappointment, September 10, 2012
Peter E. Safir (charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grinder, May 13, 2009
This review is from: Unicorn KeyTop Salt Mill, White
Just what I was looking for, good even grind, not big and gawky, loads easily, would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Unicorn KeyTop Salt Mill, White
Works great. I have the pepper mill also.

I deducted a star for the access hole. You need a funnel or someone helping with some sort of device in getting the salt into it without it ending up all over the place. Pretty funky.

If they had included a doo dad to help with that I would have probably given them credit for that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed completely after only 11 months, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Unicorn KeyTop Salt Mill, White
Loved this salt grinder when I got it in March, 2012, but now the darned thing has seized up completely. Can no longer turn the base to refill - I've even had my husband and a couple of other "strong" men try to turn it, to no avail. I had certainly hoped that this would not be a disposable, but apparently it has become so.

Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe Unicorns *Are* Real!, July 10, 2011
This review is from: Unicorn KeyTop Salt Mill, White
The Unicorn Keytop Salt Grinder by Tom David, Inc. is an excellent complement to the Keytop Peppermill. The grind size is adjustable, making it perfect for any application. Unlike cheap salt grinders with a metal grinding mechanism, Unicorn uses a ceramic mechanism, which will never corrode. Much like the matching peppermill, I feel the addition of a cap to catch salt dust would have been a nice addition, but it's not a big deal.

This product is assembled in the United States, with materials made in the United States, according to the manufacturer's web site.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice salt mill, November 14, 2013
Bhamster (Birmingham, AL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unicorn KeyTop Salt Mill, White
After using the black pepper mill for a couple years, I decided it was time to try the salt mill--and we're quite pleased with it. Easy to fill, easy to use. We keep both mills in a small plastic container without a lid (it's one of those small rectangular "Lock n lock" containers) both to transport from one side of the kitchen to the other and also to collect the salt and pepper that come out of the bottom. You definitely wouldn't want to keep this on a table without something under it or you'll be wiping away salt grains all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars +Easy twist; -no serving tray, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Unicorn KeyTop Salt Mill, White
Great mechanism--even easier to twist than the original barrel-twist pepper grinder from Unicorn. Simple to fill, simple to adjust, simple to use. Perfect. I do wish it came with a serving tray, like the 6" magnum pepper grinder, as it does shake a bit of extra ground salt from the milling teeth every time you set it down. If it came with that tray, it'd be 5-star! Since it is 2" OD, a white, PVC pipe cap may do the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Undeniably, the best salt / pepper mills available, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Unicorn KeyTop Salt Mill, White
Unicorns are absolutely, without a doubt, the best salt and pepper mills I've ever used. The grind is adjustable via a screw on the bottom and make a very uniform grind.

I always choose the KeyTop models because of the top. With most grinders with a round top, with wet or oily hands it can be difficult to turn the "crank". The KeyTop is still a breeze to turn in these conditions.

Whether it is for salt or pepper, these are 100% worth the cost. I've got four of these now and wouldn't even think about changing brands.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›