5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful phone!
Published on September 27, 2010 by Jane Doe

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Published on January 31, 2010 by M. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful phone!, September 27, 2010
This review is from: Uniden 1380BK Corded Caller ID phone with Answering System, black, one phone (Office Product)
This phone is terrific--very user friendly. I especially like the fact that the time and date of each call is automatically entered through caller ID whenever a call is received. No need to reset the phone after a power failure. The sound quality is excellent--the volume can be easily adjusted to each users needs. The adjustable angle of the caller ID screen makes viewing calls easy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, January 31, 2010
I purchased this phone after having two AT&T corded phones fail after only one year. Since I tried to avoid AT&T products after having such a bad experience, there were few choices with the features I was looking for (speaker phone, caller ID, large display). So far the Uniden seems pretty good, especially with the nice large display which can be tilted for best viewing angle. The only negative is you can't speak to loudly into the receiver or there will be distortion. Seems the microphone can't handle loud voices too well. It's kind of a minor thing, but can be annoying at times. Other than that, it's attractive and has some nice features.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real, unbiased summary of other reviews, March 21, 2013
I read many of the reviews here - some good and some not so good but I decided to buy this anyway. I will summarize my findings based on actual reviews from others. I realized either they made changes to the design (unlikely a company will dedicate a lot of R & D time to a low priced item) or some people do not take the time to familiarize themselves before reviewing. First of all, it's important to buy according to your need. You can't expect a $25 phone to perform like a $245 business-quality phone. I am able to work from home sometimes and am on conference calls a few times a day. The phone is perfect for a home office. Other reviews mentioned the following:
The phones overall weight: I agree - it is solidly built and doesn't slide when you pick up the receiver.
The dim screen was mentioned often: There is a contrast adjustment in the menu. The screen is easily readable when adjusted properly.
The Mute button works fine - It makes an audible tone when pressed, but is not heard by the other parties. I tested this 3 separate times.
You CAN initiate a speaker-phone call without picking up the handset.
The speakerphone does not sound "tinny". Again, I asked on 3 separate occasions and they said they heard me fine. It sounds fine to me as well and was loud enough (it also is adjustable).
I feel the phone is a good value and performs well enough for a home office or general use phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great home office phone, March 11, 2011
This phone is an incredible value. It feels quite solid with a decent heft to it and it has been working great for me as my office phone. The handset uses a coiled cable with standard RJ-11 connectors so I'm able to use it with my Plantronics headset and the sound quality is very good.

One thing I was surprised at is that the phone still works even if you don't plug in the AC adapter. That only seems to be required for the answering machine functionality.

Pros:
- Big, easy to read LCD that shows caller ID information, time, date, call timer, etc.
- Sturdy build.
- All the critical features are there (memory dial, toll saver, speaker phone, answering machine, remote access, volume)
- Phone works w/o AC.

Cons:
- LCD isn't back-lit so it's impossible to see in the dark.
- Pressing the Mute button makes a loud beep so you can't press it w/o the caller on the other end hearing it (why do all phones seem to do this?!).

3.0 out of 5 stars No silent option for call screening, April 12, 2011
Its impossible to shut off call screening. When the answering machine answers, the phone plays the incoming message while caller is speaking. You can adjust the volume, but the lowest value is 1. This means that you can't shut it off.

If you are in an office environment where the machine needs to answer silently, don't choose this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Answering Machine/Phone - Greeat Combo, July 24, 2011
Charleneann (Danvers, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Great system. Hard to find in the age of cell phones. Blinking light tells when message received. Records and can save not only messages but telephone numbers of callers - even those who do not leave a message (hangup). All black design. Can add date, time, record memos, many features haven't even explored yet. Nice surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product/Value, June 29, 2011
When your answering machine suddenly starts doing strange things, you know that it's time for a new one. I wanted one that was similar, featurewise, to the one that I was replacing (a Panasonic that lasted only three years) & this Uniden fit all my requirements. Moreover, the price was extremely reasonable. And because I already have a Uniden cordless 'phone, I was comfortable w/the brand. I noted that when I was reading other reviews prior to my purchase that a couple of people commented on the fact that the display was not backlit. It isn't but this is really, in my opinion, not particularly significant. By the way, the set-up is very easy & according to those friends I have spoken to using the speakerphone feature, they had no idea that it was a speakerphone so I take this to mean that the sound quality is pretty good. All-in-all, so far, I am satisfied w/my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well received in the workplace, July 2, 2010
This phone has been well received in my workplace due to the large LCD screen and great speaker phone. The only drawback is that it doesn't have a voicemail light for analog phone systems that have that capability.

5.0 out of 5 stars good telephone!, August 22, 2011
I bought this phone around 4 to 5 months ago, I really like the features, it is very easy to set up, nothing is complicated at all. Big numbers, pretty big display on the screen, the instructions easy to understand. On the past I had some cordless phones but they didn't have all the features that this one has, and this brand is one of the best on the market on these days, these telephones last forever.

3.0 out of 5 stars could have a power outlet to this phone, September 21, 2010
I thought this phone comes up with a power socket and can be used as battery independent. But there is no such facility with this phone. We always need to put battery in this for its operation