Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 21, 2013
I read many of the reviews here - some good and some not so good but I decided to buy this anyway. I will summarize my findings based on actual reviews from others. I realized either they made changes to the design (unlikely a company will dedicate a lot of R & D time to a low priced item) or some people do not take the time to familiarize themselves before reviewing. First of all, it's important to buy according to your need. You can't expect a $25 phone to perform like a $245 business-quality phone. I am able to work from home sometimes and am on conference calls a few times a day. The phone is perfect for a home office. Other reviews mentioned the following:
The phones overall weight: I agree - it is solidly built and doesn't slide when you pick up the receiver.
The dim screen was mentioned often: There is a contrast adjustment in the menu. The screen is easily readable when adjusted properly.
The Mute button works fine - It makes an audible tone when pressed, but is not heard by the other parties. I tested this 3 separate times.
You CAN initiate a speaker-phone call without picking up the handset.
The speakerphone does not sound "tinny". Again, I asked on 3 separate occasions and they said they heard me fine. It sounds fine to me as well and was loud enough (it also is adjustable).
I feel the phone is a good value and performs well enough for a home office or general use phone.
22 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2010
This phone is terrific--very user friendly. I especially like the fact that the time and date of each call is automatically entered through caller ID whenever a call is received. No need to reset the phone after a power failure. The sound quality is excellent--the volume can be easily adjusted to each users needs. The adjustable angle of the caller ID screen makes viewing calls easy.
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2010
I purchased this phone after having two AT&T corded phones fail after only one year. Since I tried to avoid AT&T products after having such a bad experience, there were few choices with the features I was looking for (speaker phone, caller ID, large display). So far the Uniden seems pretty good, especially with the nice large display which can be tilted for best viewing angle. The only negative is you can't speak to loudly into the receiver or there will be distortion. Seems the microphone can't handle loud voices too well. It's kind of a minor thing, but can be annoying at times. Other than that, it's attractive and has some nice features.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2011
This phone is an incredible value. It feels quite solid with a decent heft to it and it has been working great for me as my office phone. The handset uses a coiled cable with standard RJ-11 connectors so I'm able to use it with my Plantronics headset and the sound quality is very good.

One thing I was surprised at is that the phone still works even if you don't plug in the AC adapter. That only seems to be required for the answering machine functionality.

Pros:
- Big, easy to read LCD that shows caller ID information, time, date, call timer, etc.
- Sturdy build.
- All the critical features are there (memory dial, toll saver, speaker phone, answering machine, remote access, volume)
- Phone works w/o AC.

Cons:
- LCD isn't back-lit so it's impossible to see in the dark.
- Pressing the Mute button makes a loud beep so you can't press it w/o the caller on the other end hearing it (why do all phones seem to do this?!).
44 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2011
Its impossible to shut off call screening. When the answering machine answers, the phone plays the incoming message while caller is speaking. You can adjust the volume, but the lowest value is 1. This means that you can't shut it off.

If you are in an office environment where the machine needs to answer silently, don't choose this phone.
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2011
Great system. Hard to find in the age of cell phones. Blinking light tells when message received. Records and can save not only messages but telephone numbers of callers - even those who do not leave a message (hangup). All black design. Can add date, time, record memos, many features haven't even explored yet. Nice surprise.
on August 22, 2011
I bought this phone around 4 to 5 months ago, I really like the features, it is very easy to set up, nothing is complicated at all. Big numbers, pretty big display on the screen, the instructions easy to understand. On the past I had some cordless phones but they didn't have all the features that this one has, and this brand is one of the best on the market on these days, these telephones last forever.
This phone has been well received in my workplace due to the large LCD screen and great speaker phone. The only drawback is that it doesn't have a voicemail light for analog phone systems that have that capability.
on September 21, 2010
I thought this phone comes up with a power socket and can be used as battery independent. But there is no such facility with this phone. We always need to put battery in this for its operation
on March 16, 2013
The Uniden 1360 phone is poorly designed and simply not as advertised. The problems were immediately noticed while configuring the phone for initial use. The poor design involves the battery compartment, or more specifically, the battery compartment in relation to the position of the desk stand. Unfortunately, the battery compartment is located under the stand that elevates the phone for desktop use, so, every time the batteries need to be changed, the phone has to be partially disassembled to achieve that aim. This was ill-conceived in the first place, but I also imagine that no product testing was done. If it had been, Uniden certainly would have noticed this inconvenience and made a simple change to fix it. This was an annoyance, but not worth making a fuss over.

The next thing I noticed was the so-called speaker phone. The product description clearly states that the phone includes a one; however, the instructions regarding this feature explains that "the speakerphone works similar to a two-way radio in that you can only listen or talk at one time." It recommends against using the speakerphone feature in an area with background noise, because, "the microphone might pick up these sounds and prevent the speakerphone from going into receiving mode when you finish talking." What it doesn't say, but what is obvious from these instructions, is that the person to whom you are speaking cannot interrupt you. If that person needed to tell you, "I've got another call coming in," or "I've got to go now," or "help! I've fallen, and I can't get up," it would be impossible. In short, it doesn't work "similar to a two-way radio," it works virtually identically to a two-way radio. A two-way radio has its uses, but it is most certainly not a speakerphone. Again, however, I found this revelation to be annoying, but since I rarely use a speakerphone anyway, I was not terribly concerned about it.

The final straw was when I came to the caller id function. Many of my friends and relatives only use cell phones, and typically, the caller id for these displays simply as the number, or the number along with a generic description like "cellular caller" or "Maryland" or "Twin Cities." With every other caller id phone I have encountered, if a cellular number has been saved to the phone's memory storage, the caller id function will then display whatever description has been saved to memory associated with that cellular number (rather than the generic information). This Uniden phone, however does not work that way. Regardless of whether a number has been saved to memory, and regardless of the description associated with that number, this phone displays only the generic "cellular caller" type of message. This limitation renders the caller id feature of this phone virtually useless. Sure, it will display the number, but unless you've memorized the number of anyone who might call from a cell phone, just having the number is not any great benefit. Since caller id was the sole reason for purchasing this phone - replacing an existing one that does not have that feature - needless to say, this phone is going right back to Amazon.