5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but effective
I bought this phone to use in my dorm. The steel/cement structure is a perfect insulator to many things, including cell signal. This phone was to replace my cell when I was in my room. When I opened the box, I was amazed at how small it was and impressed by how clear the sound was. Set up took less than 2 minutes.

I was surprised by one thing: the cord is not...
Published on September 29, 2010 by rfuente1

1.0 out of 5 stars Buttons don't work
I wanted a phone that we could use when our power goes out. This phone seemed to fit our needs but every time we try to dial a number half the numbers don't work. It takes multiple tries pushing each number firmly and slowly to dial out. Not worth the money.
Published on December 31, 2010 by BS

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but effective, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Uniden Black Slimline Corded Phone (1100BK) (Office Product)

I was surprised by one thing: the cord is not replaceable. There is no jack in the receiver, which means, if you break the jack, you would have to buy a new phone (or rejack the end with an rj-11 jack) but at around $7, I really don't worry.

Bottom line: great emergency phone, dorm phone, cheap phone. Would not hold up to a lot of use, but for a spare, it will do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does have a redial button!, January 23, 2011
After reading some of the reviews here I was nervous that this model would be a little too 'no-frills' without a redial button. However, I own 4 other basic corded phones from GE and Panasonic and they all have a redial button- I think it's just a standard button as much as the numbers themselves. Sure enough this model DOES have a redial button, as well as a flash button. There's also the ringer and speaker volume slider switches right on the handset. The handset seems durable enough. It has a surprising heft to it so I'm sure it can withstand being dropped every now and then. There's not much to say about the call quality since it's a landline phone- it works, plain and simple. The base feels a bit flimsy though. It's very light and the plastic seems thin. I suppose it's not the important part of the phone anyways. There are some silicone feet on the base that keeps it from sliding around on your desk- a nice touch. As others have mentioned, the cord is directly hardwired into the handset, so if it goes you have to replace the entire phone. The cord is 66" from the base to the plug, and there's a built in cord retainer in the base in case you want to take up the slack. The footprint is only 2.5" x 8", very slim indeed. The only other thing is that the color is matte black and not glossy as pictured, but I don't care either way. Overall a well-constructed, very affordable, no-frills telephone that barely takes up any room on your desk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super basic phone; good value for the money, September 20, 2010
This is an absolutely basic cordline phone. I bought it to have a phone available in my computer room. I plugged it into my Canon printer/fax, which is plugged into the wall. That way, I can pick up the phone if someone calls my landline while I'm in that room, and we have a corded phone in the house in case of a power failure. (For the benefit of you kids out there -- if you have old fashioned phone service, as opposed to digital phone, then a wireline, non-cordless phone will still work in a power failure).

This phone is slim and black, and looks fine. Frankly, I never notice it unless someone calls. There are a couple holes in the base, so you could probably hang it on a wall with two screws. Other than that is completely basic. It doesn't have caller id, and other features are bare bones - two ring settings, a redial button, and a flash button, but not much else.

Still, at the price, it's a great backup phone. Calls are clear, and it does everything I want, which is just to make and receive calls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, April 6, 2011
Alex (California) - See all my reviews
I noticed on another review that they couldn't get the phone to work on a wall mount because it would slide off. Note that this is NOT TRUE. There is a small plastic piece on the area that depresses the hang up switch on the base. You have to remove this and flip it upside down, making sure the small tab is nearest to the front. I have it hanging on my kitchen wall and it works great.

One thing to keep in mind that the cable is one long cable that goes through the base to the wall and attaches inside the phone. You cannot replace it, there is no jack on the handset end. If you want a longer coiled phone cable for the handset you are out of luck. The base is cheap, it is just molded plastic and is extremely light. If you want a cheap phone for occasional use, it works well. I would not buy this for an everyday device.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buttons don't work, December 31, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely useless - DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE, November 8, 2011
This phone has so much static it is unusable. I saw the reviews warning of static and saying the cord couldn't be replaced, and I ordered it anyway. What a waste of money ... I am now shopping for a replacement. If I could give it no stars, I would.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, January 2, 2011
I needed a cheap corded phone to hook up to my magic jack end to my laptop without worrying about power supplies near by to plug and charge a wireless phone, This is slim, it works fine and it is doin what i wanted.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, durable and works!, February 21, 2012
I purchased this product from Amazon for just under 9$. The packaging by seller was good, the device comes with a simple manual and nothing else. It can be wall mounted or you can place it on the table. The numbers are clearly marked, but the construction of the phone is a bit cheap. There are 3 types of ringers, three volume levels. I however found that changing the volume lever has no significant impact on the headset volume but it is loud and clear enough for use.

I would rate it 4/5 for communications and 2/5 for construction of the device.

2.0 out of 5 stars It could have been a good phone ..... But ...., November 5, 2011
I bought this phone to use with a MagicJack. It does work. However, the phone is very light ... That would be OK but, you "cannot" change the cord that connects the hand held part of the phone to the phone base. You have to stay very close to the phone base when you use it or else hold the base of the phone in your hand while you speak ..... lame ... I would recommend the "AT&T 210 Corded Phone Handset". It is the same thing as this phone. You can also change the cord on the AT&T handset that connects the phone base to the hand held part of the phone to a longer cord if you wish ....

1.0 out of 5 stars Receiver falls off when mounted on wall. Save your $., July 31, 2012
Bought this due to the slim, no frills description of the phone. Unfortunately, when mounted on the wall, the receiver doesn't stay in the base. What's the point of having mounting bracket features? Now we have holes in our wall and a cheap, crappy phone to boot. It's not even worth the time and money to send this product back. Don't waste your 8 bucks on this phone.