Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Style: 1100BKChange

on September 29, 2010
I bought this phone to use in my dorm. The steel/cement structure is a perfect insulator to many things, including cell signal. This phone was to replace my cell when I was in my room. When I opened the box, I was amazed at how small it was and impressed by how clear the sound was. Set up took less than 2 minutes.

I was surprised by one thing: the cord is not replaceable. There is no jack in the receiver, which means, if you break the jack, you would have to buy a new phone (or rejack the end with an rj-11 jack) but at around $7, I really don't worry.

Bottom line: great emergency phone, dorm phone, cheap phone. Would not hold up to a lot of use, but for a spare, it will do the job.
on October 26, 2009
This is a nice basic corded phone, which as a wall or desk phone displays the caller ID to the outside before you pick up the phone to answer. However, you cannot change the cord length, and this information is not given in the mfgr's discription. Be advised if you, as I usually do, change to a longer cord.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2011
After reading some of the reviews here I was nervous that this model would be a little too 'no-frills' without a redial button. However, I own 4 other basic corded phones from GE and Panasonic and they all have a redial button- I think it's just a standard button as much as the numbers themselves. Sure enough this model DOES have a redial button, as well as a flash button. There's also the ringer and speaker volume slider switches right on the handset. The handset seems durable enough. It has a surprising heft to it so I'm sure it can withstand being dropped every now and then. There's not much to say about the call quality since it's a landline phone- it works, plain and simple. The base feels a bit flimsy though. It's very light and the plastic seems thin. I suppose it's not the important part of the phone anyways. There are some silicone feet on the base that keeps it from sliding around on your desk- a nice touch. As others have mentioned, the cord is directly hardwired into the handset, so if it goes you have to replace the entire phone. The cord is 66" from the base to the plug, and there's a built in cord retainer in the base in case you want to take up the slack. The footprint is only 2.5" x 8", very slim indeed. The only other thing is that the color is matte black and not glossy as pictured, but I don't care either way. Overall a well-constructed, very affordable, no-frills telephone that barely takes up any room on your desk.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 20, 2010
This is an absolutely basic cordline phone. I bought it to have a phone available in my computer room. I plugged it into my Canon printer/fax, which is plugged into the wall. That way, I can pick up the phone if someone calls my landline while I'm in that room, and we have a corded phone in the house in case of a power failure. (For the benefit of you kids out there -- if you have old fashioned phone service, as opposed to digital phone, then a wireline, non-cordless phone will still work in a power failure).

This phone is slim and black, and looks fine. Frankly, I never notice it unless someone calls. There are a couple holes in the base, so you could probably hang it on a wall with two screws. Other than that is completely basic. It doesn't have caller id, and other features are bare bones - two ring settings, a redial button, and a flash button, but not much else.

Still, at the price, it's a great backup phone. Calls are clear, and it does everything I want, which is just to make and receive calls.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2011
I noticed on another review that they couldn't get the phone to work on a wall mount because it would slide off. Note that this is NOT TRUE. There is a small plastic piece on the area that depresses the hang up switch on the base. You have to remove this and flip it upside down, making sure the small tab is nearest to the front. I have it hanging on my kitchen wall and it works great.

One thing to keep in mind that the cable is one long cable that goes through the base to the wall and attaches inside the phone. You cannot replace it, there is no jack on the handset end. If you want a longer coiled phone cable for the handset you are out of luck. The base is cheap, it is just molded plastic and is extremely light. If you want a cheap phone for occasional use, it works well. I would not buy this for an everyday device.
on August 15, 2010
Uniden Slimline Corded Phone with CID/CW - UN-1260BK
Purchased as a back up phone during power failures, I find this phone perfect sound is clear, size is good it is wall mountable, caller ID is a little hard to see as it is not back lit. Only issue is hand set is hard wired, so you can't easily add a longer cord but overall it serves it's purpose.
on December 31, 2010
I wanted a phone that we could use when our power goes out. This phone seemed to fit our needs but every time we try to dial a number half the numbers don't work. It takes multiple tries pushing each number firmly and slowly to dial out. Not worth the money.
on November 26, 2010
The product description does not mention that the cord is attached. You cannot replace the cord with a longer cord if you are planning to use the phone more than a few few from the wall outlet. It cannot be used on a table which is not adjacent to the phone outlet. If you decide to wall mount the phone, the cord must be wound up in a channel located under the phone. It requires a bit of patience to carefully wind the cord so that if fits in the channel and there is exactly the correct amount of cord left over to plug it into the recepticle in the wall outlet. When I consider the price of the phone when compared to other phones, this attribute certainly makes it less highly rated. In addition, it is not backlit.
on November 8, 2011
This phone has so much static it is unusable. I saw the reviews warning of static and saying the cord couldn't be replaced, and I ordered it anyway. What a waste of money ... I am now shopping for a replacement. If I could give it no stars, I would.
on January 2, 2011
I needed a cheap corded phone to hook up to my magic jack end to my laptop without worrying about power supplies near by to plug and charge a wireless phone, This is slim, it works fine and it is doin what i wanted.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse