5.0 out of 5 stars Uniden Big Key Corded Phone

1.0 out of 5 stars Not acceptable for major metropolitan areas
Published on February 9, 2011 by Dave Norman

5.0 out of 5 stars Uniden Big Key Corded Phone, April 10, 2010
4u2 "FAB" (Saint John, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Uniden Big Button Desktop Corded Phone - (CEZ260 W) (Office Product)
This corded phone was a replacement for a GE corded phone that I have grown to dislike. This set up of this Uniden phone was easy, it was easy to understand and again, the sound quality is excellent! I always have one "corded" phone in the house -- it is great in a power outage because it still works. The light on the side lights up when an incoming call is coming in -- you can have the volume all the way down but with this light, you will still know a call is coming in (the light should get your attention if you're in the same room as this phone). I would recommend this to family/friends. It is a great phone at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Phone, July 28, 2010
This phone is a very good phone for sound quality and for the large numbers. I replace this phone with a LLnox sound phone which was OK but no ID caller. This ID caller is also very large and easy to read at a distance. This phone has a ease menu and easy to use. I Recommend this for OLDER people if they have trouble hearing or seeing. Amazon Price is as good as FRY's if they keep the free shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best things in easy to understand package, August 7, 2010
Leonard J. Loomis (Thousand Oaks, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I needed a simple phone for my home land line on my desk. It shares a FIOS connection with my desktop computer and replaces an almost new ATT instrument that never worked well and cost three times the price of this instrument. This instrument is plug and play, has a great movable screen, functional and easy volume controls in speaker and handset modes and buttons I can key with work gloves on. Not many functions, but they are easy to intuit and I was up on the operating step in about five minutes. It sits on a platform 10" above my desk. My monitor shares the platform so when I'm at my computer I can see both displays easily and decide whether or not to take an incoming call or use the computer as a phone book. It does not interfere with computer operation as did the ATT. I'd like it in black but having it in white makes it stand out from the other black equipment on the desk. Apparently rugged, nice design for not so young eyes, ears and fingers. A real bargain at the price I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, February 26, 2011
This is a great corded phone. Large, easy to read LCD display. The ringer has off, low, and high. It also has a yellow bar that flashes on an incoming call in case you have the ringer off. The sound on the speakerphone is good and you can adjust the volume. As with most speakerphones, only one person talks at a time. It has 3 one-touch memory keys, a 10 number phonebook memory and a 75 Caller ID memory. You need 4 AA batteries for receiving and storing Caller ID records and for storing saved numbers. I recommend buying a longer handset cord. This phone would get a 10 out of 10 if it had a backlit LCD display. Otherwise, I give it a solid 9. No regrets about buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eccentric, but I like it!, June 29, 2011
This phone has an eccentric mix of features, and I see why some people might like it while others might be disappointed. I like the styling, the big buttons, and the big pop-up display for my home office. I also LOVE that you can easily program a series of numbers and pauses -- so now I can press one button and work my way through the 4-layer menu that my voice mail system requires before it will let me change my recorded message to let people know when I'll be out for a day or two.

The phone does NOT have a "message waiting" light, to tell you when you have a voice mail. But, if you clear the message history as calls come in, then the phone tells you in big letters whether you have "No Calls" or "1 New Call" or however many.

The most annoying eccentricity, from my perspective, is that the phone has a loud piercing digital ring and, as far as I can tell, YOU CANNOT CHANGE THIS. I've decided for now to like the ring, given that I have no choice, but it seems pretty standard these days for phones to give you some choice about ring volume or tone. The phone also has no AC connection and runs only on 4 AA batteries. The phone is marketed, at least in part, for the elderly, but they will lose all save numbers (like the rest of us) if they fail to complete the 4-battery switch within 30 seconds.

Over the last several years, I've gone through three $100-$150 office phones, which have had only middling reliability and performance. This experience leads me to give this phone five stars in light of its low price and the particular features (buttons, display, programming) where it is better than my previous phones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not acceptable for major metropolitan areas, February 9, 2011
If you live in an area that requires dialing 11 digits for local calls (i.e. the Chicago area and New York) , this phone has NO ability to return calls from a Caller ID list. There is no provision for adding the "1" before the number is dialed. Even my 8 year old Uniden cordless phone has that feature. If I had known, I would not have bought the model CEZ260. What were they thinking?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality speakerphone!, November 24, 2010
We were very pleased with this phone. The large numbers and easy to use design was icing on the cake as it's best feature was the very clear and high quality speakerphone. We have recommended it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Content, December 9, 2010
I use this phone in my home office. I really like the fact the display is adjustible. The speaker phone works great and is clear. I love the large buttons. Would recommend this to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big for the most part, March 4, 2011
CEZ260 Uniden phone is adequate, big buttons are great , tho the volume is not adequate for some even in adjusting to high with the speaker phone portion of the phone..

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to program, large display would be easier to see if it were backlit., May 30, 2011
My uncle has cataracts that have worsened to the point that he cannot drive anymore at all and cannot read most things, especially the display on his old telephone. As he prefers to screen his calls and doesn't like voice mail or answering machines, this makes getting hold of him difficult at times.

Worse, he was having difficulty returning calls he really wanted to, because he couldn't read the call history.

So began my search for a phone with a larger display and easy functions to use for the sight-impaired.

I chose the Uniden Big Button Desktop Corded Phone because of the large buttons and the large display. I also liked the one-touch memory keys and the phonebook function, as it makes it easy for him to call the numbers he most needs.

The phone is easy to program and the one-touch keys really are extremely easy for him to use. The phonebook entries require a couple of extra steps to use, but are pretty simple for him to remember as well.

As for the display, the characters are indeed large enough for him to read - IF he shines a light on the display. Unfortunately, the display is not backlit and this is the sole thing that presents some difficulty and makes me rate it with only four stars.

Uniden Big Button Desktop Corded Phone - (CEZ260 W)
$34.99 $25.91