5.0 out of 5 stars uniden DCX291 accessory handset
I highly recommend this to my fellow seniors and those with sight or hearing problems.
I received the handset sooner than expected and love it. The directions for set up are easy to follow and it works fine. When I call my friends they say they hear me loud and clear, more importantly, I hear them loud and clear.
I did call the supplier with a problem and it...
Published on September 7, 2011 by Dee

3.0 out of 5 stars Uniden Loud and Clear Phone
This phone works really well as far as being able to hear clearly and understand when one is hard of hearing. I would have liked it better if the operation of the Caller ID were simpler. Still haven't been able to review caller IDs other than the last one who called. Operation is more complicated than I expected, and very different from previous phones I've owned.
Published on June 10, 2011 by HH

5.0 out of 5 stars uniden DCX291 accessory handset, September 7, 2011
I did call the supplier with a problem and it was solved imediately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For Seniors & the Hard of hearing, packed full of useful features but PhoneBook & Input functions difficult to navigate, December 27, 2011
Purchased this for my 80yo mum who needed a phone that is clearly audible, visual and easy to dial with the usual user functions found in premium phones.

This product is designed For Seniors & the Hard of hearing, full of features including:
+ves
====
- effective speakerphone for handsfree operation (volume is excellent)
- silent visual phone alert featuring a large red panel that lights up to alert the hard of hearing of incoming call - it's hard to miss if within line of sight
- backlit buttons that light up brightly even in daylight (mine is orange) when the handset is picked up - helps with poor vision
- large buttons made easy to press for arthritic hands - hard to miss
- handy answering machine with easy playback control buttons - a unique feature allows slowing down the playback for easy listening
- useful intercom (if extra handset is set up)
- caller ID
- does not interfere with home appliances or the home wifi network
- very ergonomic, mounting kit included.
-ves
====
- a Phone Book but the input function buttons are unwieldy & difficult to navigate
- unit is lightweight and unless mounted to a wall tends to shift or drop to the floor if pulled during use
- external antenna (discomforting for those adverse to the notion of radiation)

Attractively cased in metalic silver it looks robust & is colour coded for the modern home - buttons work well but not as definitive to the touch as I would like. One of the rare composite phones designed for seniors on the market. Reasonably priced for the specifications.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this phone., June 7, 2012
This review is from: Uniden D2997 Loud and Clear Cordless Answering System with Big Buttons and Caller Announce (Office Product)
Great phone. I like it. I'm 47 and I'm not disabled in any way - no hearing impairment,
no visual problems, but I'm just sick of all the buttons getting smaller and smaller on
everything --- so I got this phone. The phone itself (the part you hold) is nice and light.
Setting it up is easy - however you do need to have patience to learn all of it's nifty features...see, I'm old enough to use the word "nifty!" LOL. I love the ring choices and the
one that sounds like an office phone is the one I just love...nothing shrill about it... love love it. I like the lighting up part and all the ways the phone is adjustable. I called my
father on it tonight an he said I sounded just great. HE however speaks so quietly (his bad habit) that the boost feature on the phone really helped me hear him (nothing wrong with my hearing people!)... it's not panasonic, and I'm glad it's not. I'm sick of dark color phones I put down and have no idea where they are ---- most of my furniture is dark and this light color phone is larger than a panasonic / love that - and also is easy to see on any surface in my home.
There are too many cool features to mention... and I love them all. Especially how it will
announce who is calling exactly as you enter it into the phone book! LOL ... May they never know what I called them in my phone book! OMG! Just get this great little phone and enjoy it.
Excellent for anyone with a hearing aid too (though I don't have one). Welcome back to the world of a more normal sized and bigger buttoned phone. LOVE it. Works great. Lost one star for coming with only one handset - but hey, you can buy up to six! All the features on the panasonic phone are on this... this is just easier to see/use and enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Uniden Loud and Clear Phone, June 10, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT clear, August 25, 2011
C. Cole (TOMBSTONE, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
We purchased this phone because of the name- my husband is hard of hearing and the description sounded perfect. Well, it can be adjusted to loud, but the clarity just isn't there. Even I have a hard time conversing on it as it seems to echo and somewhat muffle the voices. No ease of setup here, either. Didn't keep packaging, etc., so will just chalk it up to a bad decision, as I have ordered a Panasonic offering the same options. We've always had good luck with Panasonic.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uniden D2997, May 15, 2012
I had purchased this phone to replace a five year old Panasonic KX-TQ237B which the buttons had stopped working. The Uniden D2997 was a big disappointment when compared to the Panasonic. The battery life is very poor where as the Panasonic batteries lasted "five years" these lasted "only five months". Over all the quality of the Panasonic far exceeds the quality of the Uniden.

4.0 out of 5 stars Uniden phone, December 7, 2011
I really like the phone because you can adjust the volume much higher than other cordless phones I've had. The only thing I don't like is that the caller ID only goes back to the most recent missed call. My other phones would keep a running record of all calls received until you clear it or they drop off. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong with the Uniden but don't know what.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory experience, July 14, 2011
We purchased this phone for my wife who is mildly hearing impaired. We needed a phone with a speaker phone that would provide a loud and clear speaker system so it could be used without pressing the phone up against the ear. We were disappointed with this phone system. The speaker phone was no louder than our older Panasonic phone system, and the sound quality was much poorer. The Panasonic sound quality was excellent, just not loud enough. This Uniden speaker phone sound quality was harsh and raspy, making conversation difficult to understand. I returned the Uniden phones for a refund and have ordered the newest Panasonic phones with sound and voice quality control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cordless phone, September 26, 2011
Elizabeth S. Wood (Spring Hill, Florida) - See all my reviews
Initially, I got only the one phone with the base. But as it was such a great phone, I bought the second one, which I should have done in the first place. The instructions for linking the second one to the first were a bit confusing...I thought that the "base" they were talking about was the base the second phone sat on, not the original main base. Programming is easy, as long as you know the up and down key is on the side of the phone, not the front. The announced caller over the phone is interesting...in English with oriental accent. Despite its minor glitches, I still give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone for hard of hearing people!, December 23, 2012
I took a chance on this phone and it did not disappoint! My grandmother is very hard of hearing and has used an older analog cordless phone for a while. When I saw the price on this phone, I figured what the heck.

First, it has big bright LED'S that light up on both the base and the phone. This helps especially for those that don't hear so well but want to hear the phone ring while they are sleeping. Those bright lights are guaranteed to stir even the soundest of sleepers.

The sound on this phone is rated at 30db with the boost at max. There is a regular volume control and then a boost button that amplifies the receiver. I can say that it is VERY loud. My grandmother is near deaf and did not have to even turn the boost on. The phone is not only loud but clear and that's not always an easy task for electronics manufacturers.

The speaker is an actual speaker, not just a couple holes in the phone. This phone also has some stoutness making it easy for my grandmothers arthritic hands to grasp the phone for extended periods of time. The answering machine works great as well. This cordless phone has all the necessary menu features to make a phone complete: caller id, phone book memory, time, date, day, etc.

Another thing that is great about this phone is that it is expandable. With this base/cordless phone combination you can buy just the solo version of this phone and set them other places where phone jacks don't exist and pair them with this base. Last but not least is the price. VERY reasonable for what this phone offers, especially compared to what I have seen.