Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on December 9, 2000
With this phone we have 5 cordless phones in our house. The answering machine function works well and is easy to use. The cordless phone has good range and works well.
Where the phone really falls down is as a speakerphone. It is by far the worst speakerphone I have ever used. You must stand about one foot away from it and yell for the other person to even hear you. About the only thing it is good for is to yell "hold on while I look for the handset". This may be a defect in just this one phone, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back and likely get another one that is the same or worse.
The other annoyance is the "Ringer Volume" switch on the base unit has two settings "loud" and "off". With ringer on it is loud enough that it will startle you if it rings when you are standing anywhere near it.
on December 16, 2000
Very easy to use and to set up the answering machine. Speakerphone worked fine, even talking from several feet away with back to the speakerphone. However, I recommend recording the outgoing message by calling in remotely from another phone line instead of using the speakerphone. You will get a clearer, crisper sounding message. This phone was far superior to two previous AT&T cordless phones I had.
on March 2, 2001
This phone operates very well as an answer machine. The sound quality is good, not great, but better than the cheapo brands out there. The range is excellent and it stays clear all the time. The speakerphone is low fidelity but it is not annoying. I have one really annoying problem. My portable picks up the most annoying hum depending on where I am in my house. It sounds like 60hz line interference. I exchanged my phone locally in the hopes that it was just a defective unit, but no luck. I have had three other cordless phones that never exhibited this problem so I have to attribute this to a poorly designed unit. I have to be careful where I move or else the hum comes right through and can be heard by both parties. What is the point of a portable if you can't move around??? Very disappointed!
on April 21, 2002
I have owned this phone for over 2 years.
Pros:
*900 MHZ DSS=Excellent range, (the second largest after my toshiba)
*Very clear connections. I haven't experienced the humming some other reviewers have.
*Lighted Keypad
*Sturdy and well built
*Very good answering machine
*No paying extra for caller ID, call waiting (no need to give my money away to the phone company)
*Belt clip and wall mountable, both handy
*Speakerphone, although it is not the best quality, ( I love the digital panasonic speakerphones)
*Good volume for audio in the handset (The panasonic I just mentioned was return for such a low volume in the handset despite setting it to the loudest volume)
*Spare charger in the base. I also bought the second battery, so my hanset is always available. I find the need to change the battery about once a week with normal use
Cons:
* If you need caller ID, get the version with caller ID, not this unit
*After the first 19-20 months the number 3 key stopped working. I decided to open the handset and clear the contacts, and that worked fine the first few weeks but the problem returned. Now I have to keep cleaning it every few weeks, which is a drag. I guess this is an issue with my unit only, so be on the look out for similar complaints
Bottom line: very good phone with great range and clarity, very good answering machine and average speakerphone. I am planning to buy it again. I will let you know
on May 26, 2001
I think that this is the best cordless phone that I have, I select it because it use Digital Spread Spectrum Direct Sequence (the same technology used by CDMA cellular phones) and this is a robust and well tested technology that the Digital Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping (used by other 900MHz and 2.4GHz Phones). The DBPSK modulation provide a excelent spectral efficient use. The sound quality is the best, it is cleary. I life at the city's center, and this place is very interferenced by other RF signals (for example the GSM cellular network) and Analog and Digital phones (without DSS) work bery bad, but this phone work fine. At my country we have GSM 900MHz too and this phone isn't interferended by it. The answer machine work fine and the voice quality it good.
on July 3, 2001
...and you get an answering machine, to boot! Other reviewers have noted some issues (low hum when many walls stand between the base and the receiver while you're online; cruddy OGM quality; speakerphone [which you have to use if you're recharging the receiver's battery and don't want to pick the receiver up] stinks), and I would add that the answering machine is inoperable while the receiver is being recharged, but there may not be a better 900MHz DSS phone w/ digital AM around for the price. ....For what it's worth, Consumer Reports thought highly of Uniden DSS phones, too.
on December 18, 2001
I've had this phone for about 6 months and have been very pleased. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles such as caller ID or call waiting, features I don't need, but does offer dss security which I really wanted. I can take it outside or in the basement without sound quality problems. Also, the handset feels comfortable in your hand, the answering machine is functional, it has a neat memo feature which allows you to leave voice messages for other household members when you leave - I just don't have anything bad to say about it!
on November 16, 2003
I have tried just about all of them, from cheap to expensive, and this one is really great for the money. I have had to replace the battery once since I got it approximately 4 - 5 years ago. Sound is great, has an answering machine, caller ID, etc. Go for it and spend the extra money you save by buying this on something else.
on October 10, 2001
... the battery on this uniden doesnt last more than 8 hours when its away from the base, and ive had it less than a year! the signal is pretty weak too and theres a lot of static/noise on the line when in use...