5.0 out of 5 stars Great after a few tweaks
I've never written any reviews here on Amazon but after using this system, I felt the need to do so. Like any system, nothings perfect and everyone has ideas to make things better. Out of the box, the camera's are not the best, the software is unusable, and the lcd displays resolution is low. The reason I bought this system is because it's cheap and easy to setup. No...
Published 22 months ago by just_another_guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice features but low resoultion video image.
I bought this at Sam's club based on the easy setup. I didn't realize it does not have a built in recorder, but that is not a major issue since it can be hooked up to a computer or recorder. I currently have mine hooked up to a spare 20" tv with built in VHS recorder. I really like the features like scan, zoom, low light, and voice. The main defect for me is that the...
Published on April 9, 2012 by H. N. Gibson

4.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Uniden UDW20553 Wireless Video Surveillance System with 7-Inch LCD Color Monitor and 3 Cameras (Electronics)
I have tried numerous camera for watching pregnant mares due to foal and this has been the best for its money. I get a great picture at least 500' away as long as there are not too many structures in the way. though up to 300' it doesn't seem to matter it is the only camera I have used that covers the whole foaling stall. and almost all of my foaling paddock which is a 1/4 acre. The hook up with the computer was very easy and liked the idea but having to have the receiver hooked up so close is a little restricting to getting the best picture possible. Was worried before I tried the cameras because I had read it would interfere with wifi, microwave, mobile phones etc and have not had any of those problems at all. If I could change anything would be a stronger signal.

3.0 out of 5 stars READ BEFORE PURCHASE!, November 17, 2012
If only the seller would have written more info. about this product, it would have save me the trouble. Items were shipped new - I, myself, have not opened the packaging of the items. However, I started reading the manual and it stated:

"DO NOT EXPOSE IT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE." Furthermore, "DO NOT EXPOSE THE EQUIPMENT TO HIGH TEMPERATURES, AND AVOID LEAVING THE EQUIPMENT IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES. HEAT CAN DAMAGE THE CASE OR ELECTRICAL PARTS."

This is gonna be a problem for me. I had planned to place a camera on the side of my house near the backyard. The camera would not face direct sunlight, but my backyard receives direct sunlight yr. long. Since I live in Vegas, temperatures in the backyard (shaded or not) could reach as high as 118 degrees (F) during the day for the entire summer months (May-Sept.) In addition, when it rains here in Vegas, it pours hard! I hate to return it, but I can't use it for its sole purpose, which is to record the actions of the vandals next door.

Hope this review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, February 24, 2013
I have had no problem with the system it was easy set up and working fine all camera doing what they are supposr to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Company !, January 3, 2013
The BEST Customer Service! The equipment is very very good. The men who were installing it said it is better than the equipment they sell with installations! Highly Recommended both Company and Equipment!

4.0 out of 5 stars Uniden sercurity video camera system, October 16, 2012
Unit works good and sets up easy. Happy with it! I would recommend it for people needing security without a large expense. A child could set it up! It's that easy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, October 8, 2012
It works, has good rang, very simple to work. Price is fair. I have a small shop and i can go anywhere in it and still have a good singal

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an outdoor security system!, December 19, 2011
This is a poor system to protect your home! The construction is so cheap some parts will break in your hands while you are installing it. Only one camera can record at a time!! A thief can easily identify which one is on, because it glows bright red at night and even if you get video the picture is blurry. Also,the system interferes with your wireless router and home WAN rendering them useless while it operates. Customer support is useless; don't waste your time.

2.0 out of 5 stars uniden security system, February 18, 2013
This is very disappointing...this product was listed as wireless, but clearly is not! I purchased it for a family member and itjust was not as described. Tried to contact the seller, but no luck. Not pleased with purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, January 31, 2013
the cameras are placed in my dog boarding kennel and the monitor is in my house that sits 100 feet away. i can see and hear what the dogs are doing and cars driving up on the monitor. it was a little tricky finding spots for the cameras where the monitor could pick up their wireless signal, but there are green lights on each camera that come on when the camera and monitor "connect" . no green light, no connection. move the cameras around until you've found a suitable viewpoint that can be picked up on the monitor. great picture and sound. i can hear everything. signal passes thru several walls and up to 125 feet to my furthest camera, but it could probably travel much further. i formerly used the Summer baby monitor but the signal was poor causing picture to come and go and sound was just static.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 29, 2012
The product works great and the views are really good. The monitor shows 4 cameras at once so you can see everything going on.

Rate and Discover Movies