5.0 out of 5 stars Durable Cargo Pants
Published on July 7, 2011 by MJohnson

I've been wearing these cargos for the past few years and have purchased additional pairs of them over that time frame. I recently ordered some from Amazon and found that UnionBay has completely changed the design.

1. Material is thinner than before - not really an issue, actually nice
2. Pockets are not as deep - negative for me
3. Cut is completely...
Published 20 months ago by wookiefoot

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a newer version of the cargo, NOT the same as they used to be..., January 27, 2013
wookiefoot (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews

1. Material is thinner than before - not really an issue, actually nice
2. Pockets are not as deep - negative for me
3. Cut is completely different - big negative for me
- Skinny legs, compared to the nice baggy legs of the originals (I feel like I'm wearing skinny jeans with the new version)
- Length is more true but I like the longer cut on the 32's. It was artificially long but I like it

I have purchased these at Kohls before. To investigate, since Kohls site still has photos of the original version, I went there today. The design has definitely changed. On the rack I found mostly the new versions with some of the older version sprinkled throughout.

Sadly, I will have to look for a different cargo from a different company as the new cut is not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable Cargo Pants, July 7, 2011
We bought this brand of cargo pants at another store many months ago and my husband wears them to work. He just recently caught them on something at work and tore a hole in them, so I replaced the torn pair with the same brand for a good price from Amazon. He wears them to work everyday and they still look brand new. These pants do not wear out very easily and they have large pockets that can hold a wallet easily plus more. Just what my husband likes. I would recommend these pants to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad front pockets, June 6, 2013
This would have been a great pair of pants, but for the front pockets. They were made shallow at the outside edge, such that change or keys or other small items would instantly fall out when the wearer sat down. There is no excuse for making pockets like that; it was like a cruel practical joke. I threw the pants away.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pair of trousers, but colour does not match Amazons image, October 11, 2010
This review is from: Unionbay Men's Survivor IV Cargo Pant (Apparel)
This is a good pair of trousers that seem like they will not wear easily, however, beware, the color of the delivered product is much darker than that of the picture. These are indeed black trousers, not the greyish stone washed colour of the image.

5.0 out of 5 stars Religious Cargo Pant/Short Wearer, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Unionbay Men's Survivor IV Cargo Pant (Apparel)
Funny thing is, I actually bought these pants from Ko*** about a year ago, and I'm here buying more pairs, at least two. These are absolutely the MOST comfortable cargo pants I have ever owned. The material is medium. Not too heavy for the heat, as I have worn them in Dubai and Bahrain now, and they are not too light to where they would tear and fray easily at the hem. The cargo pockets themselves are quite roomy. Large enough to lose track of what you have. The regular pockets are open on the vertical, making access to them so much easier than those of regular denim jeans. Maybe these pockets could benefit from being just a little deeper, but what they lack in space, the cargo pockets make up for. If you are looking for rugged, comfortable, well-priced cargo pants, please, look no further. You will not be disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it's me..., April 23, 2014
I actually still have a similar pair from the same manufacturer somewhere that I bought a couple of years ago and they are not too bad. I own a lot of 36 x 34 pants. The others do not hug my legs like sausage casings after one wash. Maybe I accidentally set the washer temperature to "napalm." The leg seams are itchy. It's not nylon but it feels like it. One wear, one wash, and one of the velcro pocket patches has already almost completely detached. The actual cloth is solid enough and the length and waist are right. The belt is fine, although I doubt anyone really cares about that part (I have a pile of these double-hoop belts in my closet somewhere). It's fairly breathable material. I think these are designed for guys who are maybe 6'1", 6'2" and 170 pounds. With wide hips... honestly, I am not sure what the target audience is for these. I'm not THAT out of shape and these things fit around my thighs like a tourniquet. Returning them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - Not the Pants Pictured, July 20, 2014
This review is from: Unionbay Men's Survivor IV Cargo Pant (Apparel)
These are not the cargo pants pictured. I can't really return them because I need them for work. This model used to be the best kind of cargo pant I could find. The company obviously decided its customers were idiots, they started cutting everything of value out of these pants. The the fabric is now thing, pockets are now small and the fit is slim, I'm sure it saves them on fabric but these pants really are not worth buying now. Save you money, they don't even look like the picture.

Union bay, I will never purchase your brand again because you mislead customers by showing them pictures of products inconsistent with what they are receiving. That is unacceptable. 0 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Split wide open, February 7, 2014
These pants did not even last one week and split from crotch to knee with one squat. They fit ok, so it wasn't like I was busting out of them, but I squatted down to hook up a computer, and RIP! they came right apart. Clearly they were not very well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars value, January 9, 2014
The parcel arrived in good order,well packaged.On first fitting the material seemed stiff,however once i adjusted the belt and made various movements with them on they fitted to form.They appear lightweight but are relaxing and can take punishment.I am very happy with both the style and fabric for this pair.Well worth it for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Son hated, December 31, 2013
Style changed from baggy to a slim fit in the legs and don't fit the average male. Son hated them

Unionbay Men's Survivor IV Cargo Pant