4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, Thin
First off this is a nice looking hoodie. I bought the Starry color. The way the shoulder seams run toward the neck is comfortable and you get more leeway on fit.

Published on December 21, 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Green room color is not as it appears in the picture.
Honestly I haven't even tried it on yet. Just opening it to see a color I didn't expect irked me a bit. I understand it says green in the title but the picture makes it look like a light teal/green blue color. It's definitely just green.
Published 22 months ago by catharsis50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, Thin, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Unionbay Men's Long Sleeve Ashbury Burnout Hoody (Apparel)

This is a very, and I mean very thin material. After one washing you can literally see through it. Patches of clear light 1-2mm in places. The distressed look continues after each wash. Wash it alone the first time and even the second. I washed it in warm to lock the color and on the second cold wash I had my scrubs in there too. My tan scrubs have a blue tint that is interesting.

I am OK with how thin this jacket started out. I could tell from the picture it was thin and I use this as an indoor jacket. The unit I work nights on is rather cold and I am warm blooded so it works out fine. Others have heavy jackets and a few winter coats on. The drawstring fell out on it's own somehow. It was laying by the jacket after washing. It is just a long shoestring. Not needed.

This jacket has that annoying hard to start zipper. The cloth that wraps around the bottom of the starter in a U shape curls over in the way of starting the zipper. I have not had a jacket do that since I was 12 yrs old. It is a full two handed stop what you are doing operation to pry the cloth out of the way and get it started. This is a design flaw by not extending the distance below the bottom of the zipper.

I paid 28 and with taxes 31. As an accessory with no wear and tear worn twice a month at most, 5 stars. Looks very nice. As any kind of a functional jacket is has it's failings and I have doubts about it lasting very long. I have to wash it fairly often even though there is no dirt on it and in cold and gentle cycle and air dry I cannot see it having any kind of lifespan. It is getting thinner and thinner. I could tear it putting it on it is so thin. I was putting it on and you know how a sleeve can catch on your elbow a bit, I just pulled like normal and I got that distressed fabric pre-rip sound. Owned it 2 months and 3 washings. One wash because it was new. Stopped taking it to work all the time. Comfortable good looking jacket that is a disposable design.

My main problem is longevity for this price. The price itself is fine. Decide what you will use it for first I guess.

* I upped the review a star because it did stop thinning and I can use it more often now. Nice look and I like it as an indoor light jacket. Zipper is the only mild flaw.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, November 19, 2012
This review is from: Unionbay Men's Long Sleeve Ashbury Burnout Hoody (Apparel)
Overall, this is a great sweatshirt. I will list the pro's first, then the cons:
PRO's:
Stylish, light, cheap, durable, cheap, doesn't run small (fits great)
CON's
It is significantly more distressed in person, rather than online. I did not buy it for a distressed look, I bought it for a more solid color. This is just a warning, otherwise, it is an amazing product.
And the zipper is not amazing, it takes some getting used to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, April 4, 2013
Fits great, soft and comfortable (most important to me) and wish I had more (fixable). Great for the little warm up needed while watching tv at night.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful product--threadbare and bad dye., January 10, 2014
This is very, very poorly made. I wasn't expecting couture or anything, but the dye comes off on you as you wear it. My arms were a sickly green the first time I took it off … and that was after it had been through the wash once. Definitely do not wash this with any other clothes. Between the dye leaching off and the fabric disintegrating into fluff, I had to clean out the washer and dryer after its first couple times through.

I knew this was cheaply made when I bought it. I just wanted this color in a photo shoot and didn't care if it stood the test of time. I'm glad I washed it, wore it and rewashed it before putting it on a model. There's no way I'd let someone else wear this knowing just how awful it is. I thought that maybe if I washed it a few more times, it would get better, but it's just falling apart and getting more and more threadbare.

It doesn't matter how cheap this is. They should have to pay you to take one because of the hassle involved.

2.0 out of 5 stars Green room color is not as it appears in the picture., May 9, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars like it, March 29, 2013
this is a great t shirt, y lke it very much and fits as expected always i wear it o